Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 797 798 [799] 800 801 ... 2926

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 753605 times)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #11970 on: July 15, 2021, 12:59:05 PM »

Y’all (and you know who I mean) still want to laugh at “Achtung, bitches?”

“Milley described “a stomach-churning” feeling as he listened to Trump’s untrue complaints of election fraud, drawing a comparison to the 1933 attack on Germany’s parliament building that Hitler used as a pretext to establish a Nazi dictatorship.

This is a Reichstag moment,” Milley told aides, according to the book. “The gospel of the Führer.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/joint-chiefs-chairman-feared-potential-reichstag-moment-aimed-at-keeping-trump-in-power/2021/07/14/a326f5fe-e4ec-11eb-a41e-c8442c213fa8_story.html

Wrong forum. The Trump forum is that way --------------------------->
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11972 on: July 15, 2021, 01:06:06 PM »

14 stacked quote boxes?   Only need to quote the part of a previous post you're replying to - we have scroll buttons,  if we need to see the entire chat history.   

And yes,  the old "these two people are alike in this way,  ergo they are alike in other ways" is garbage logic.    REL and MLK were both bipeds...

Supermajority rule “contradicts the fundamental maxim of republican government, which requires that the sense of the majority should prevail….  a poison …one of those refinements which, in practice, has an effect the reverse of what is expected from it in theory…[It] substitutes the pleasure, caprice, or artifices of an insignificant, turbulent, or corrupt junto, to the regular deliberations and decisions of a respectable majority.”

Alexander Hamilton, Federalist 22, December 14, 1787

Writing 234 years ago, Alexander Hamilton cast supermajority rule as a poison causing a foreboding “weakness” in democracy — presciently describing America’s plight today.   

https://www.realclearpolicy.com/articles/2021/04/07/the_founding_fathers_rejected_filibusters_771612.html
Funny how the filibuster did not stop such landmark legislation like Civil Rights and Voting Rights in the face of bitter democrat resistance.
Yeah, back when Repos cared about African Americans and civil rights were a bipartisan issue. And before the southern Dems migrated en masses to the Repo party between 1968 and 1994. And before Mitch McConnell broke the Senate.
A parrot bit me.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #11973 on: July 15, 2021, 01:09:55 PM »

Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer, the oldest member of the nation’s highest bench at 82, is finally responding to months of calls from the left to retire while Democrats still control the Senate.

Speaking to CNN in an interview published Thursday, Breyer, the most senior liberal on the court, said he was not feeling that pressure, and answered simply “No” when asked whether he had decided when he would step down.

As for the factors that would compel him to retire, the Supreme Court justice said there were two.

“Primarily, of course, health. Second, the court,” he said.

Breyer, who turns 83 in August, said his seniority on the bench is also a factor, noting how he enjoys the leadership that he’s able to bring to justices’ private discussions over cases as a 27-year veteran.

“[It] has made a difference to me,” he said of those discussions and his role in them. “It is not a fight. It is not sarcasm. It is deliberation.”

https://nypost.com/2021/07/15/justice-stephen-breyer-breaks-silence-on-retirement-calls/

Experience counts as much as trying to pack the court with some wokie who "represents".

Go, Stephen!

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #11974 on: July 15, 2021, 01:19:09 PM »

Wanting Breyer to step down is hardly just the hope of those you deem the “woke.”
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #11975 on: July 15, 2021, 01:21:33 PM »

“Milley described “a stomach-churning” feeling as he listened to Trump’s untrue complaints of election fraud, drawing a comparison to the 1933 attack on Germany’s parliament building that Hitler used as a pretext to establish a Nazi dictatorship.

This is a Reichstag moment,” Milley told aides, according to the book. “The gospel of the Führer.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/joint-chiefs-chairman-feared-potential-reichstag-moment-aimed-at-keeping-trump-in-power/2021/07/14/a326f5fe-e4ec-11eb-a41e-c8442c213fa8_story.html

You do realize the “insurrection” is an ongoing situation?

Achtung, bitch.

Stand by for the insurgency.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #11976 on: July 15, 2021, 01:25:50 PM »

Achtung, bitch.

FUN stuff, Larry.

But, there's a forum for it. You ought to go there where it was already posted earlier today.

Or you could admit you made a mistake.

Like that will ever happen.

Heh

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #11977 on: July 15, 2021, 01:26:32 PM »

Okay, sure. You were mistreated. Uh-huh.

https://nypost.com/2021/07/14/bodycam-video-casts-doubt-on-pols-driving-while-black-claim/

“Rather than taking responsibility for his own decisions and actions, he attempted to deflect, cast aspersions, and deny any wrongdoing,”

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #11978 on: July 15, 2021, 01:40:12 PM »

Achtung, bitch.

FUN stuff, Larry.

But, there's a forum for it. You ought to go there where it was already posted earlier today.

Heh

I don’t go to the previous guy’s forum. I posted this information here, right where I meant to.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Oilcanary

• View Profile
« Reply #11979 on: July 15, 2021, 02:05:28 PM »

Will they buy food and clothing or the latest iphone?

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/07/14/politics/child-tax-credit-payments-explainer/index.html

Racism Translator

Brown people don't know what to do with money

Oh?

Really? Is the money going only to brown people, dumbfuck? Who the fuck injected race into the conversation? YOU!

Go fuck your highway cow, you simple shit.

If a tax credit were just  going to the middle class,  would you have asked how they were spending it?   What makes you so transparent is that you only ask snide questions like that when minorities would see the most benefit.  And you selected an article with a picture of black people.   

Your subtext is always pretty obvious.   If you really can't see it,  then I am sorry for your lack of self awareness.
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11980 on: July 15, 2021, 02:55:09 PM »

Achtung, bitch.

Part insurgency, part invasion

Red's an old hippie.

I get that vibe.

Speaking of old hippies, here one on Donald and his Russian comrade, Vlad.

Don't know if its been posted yet.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jul/15/kremlin-papers-appear-to-show-putins-plot-to-put-trump-in-white-house

Vladimir Putin personally authorised a secret spy agency operation to support a “mentally unstable” Donald Trump in the 2016 US presidential election during a closed session of Russia’s national security council, according to what are assessed to be leaked Kremlin documents.

The key meeting took place on 22 January 2016, the papers suggest, with the Russian president, his spy chiefs and senior ministers all present.

They agreed a Trump White House would help secure Moscow’s strategic objectives, among them “social turmoil” in the US and a weakening of the American president’s negotiating position.

Russia’s three spy agencies were ordered to find practical ways to support Trump, in a decree appearing to bear Putin’s signature.

Red, Kid, and Hammy’s heads have all be colonized in the first wave as Bambi cheers incoherently from his perch in the hinterland.

It’s definitely a Biden forum issue, as President Biden is the one in charge who needs to lock them all up, seize their resources, destroy their bases, and retake all the ground they’ve claimed.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #11981 on: July 15, 2021, 03:14:05 PM »

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/07/14/politics/child-tax-credit-payments-explainer/index.html

Racism Translator

Oh?

Really? Is the money going only to brown people, dumbfuck? Who the fuck injected race into the conversation? YOU!

If a tax credit were just  going to the middle class,  would you have asked how they were spending it?   What makes you so transparent is that you only ask snide questions like that when minorities would see the most benefit.  And you selected an article with a picture of black people.   

Your subtext is always pretty obvious.   If you really can't see it,  then I am sorry for your lack of self awareness.

The arrogance that oozes from you is only superceded by your ignorance.

It's a legitimate question based on behavior economics.

Prove otherwise.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #11982 on: July 15, 2021, 03:15:09 PM »

Achtung, bitch.

FUN stuff, Larry.

Heh

I don’t go to the previous guy’s forum. I posted this information here, right where I meant to.

Compounding your error.

facilitatorn

• View Profile

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #11984 on: July 15, 2021, 03:29:38 PM »

Racism Translator

Oh?

The arrogance that oozes from you is only superceded by your ignorance.

It's a legitimate question based on behavior economics.

Prove otherwise.

Behavior economics is found in appendix B in Hammy’s eugenics text book.
Pages: 1 ... 797 798 [799] 800 801 ... 2926