Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 808 809 [810] 811 812 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 752857 times)

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #12135 on: July 17, 2021, 07:07:19 PM »

An official with the Virginia Parent-Teacher Association resigned after she was recorded on camera saying opponents of critical race theory can "die."

Today, the Virginia PTA executive committee requested and received the resignation of Michelle Leete, who served as Vice President of Training," a Saturday statement from the association reads.

The actions & rhetoric of Ms. Leete & all of the like-minded partisan supporters of the SB are deeply disappointing. It evinces a deep lack of concern for children & parents, particularly where the wellbeing of children & families clash with political considerations," a tweet accompanying the statement reads.

Don't let these uncomfortable people deter us from our own march forward," Leete, who is also Fairfax County’s NAACP vice president, said of counter-protesters.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #12136 on: July 17, 2021, 08:24:51 PM »

bambu has a new job...spy.
Welcome, bambu-spy.

bambuland govt is concerned about organised crime and terrorists, is urging the community to be on the lookout for any activity by organised crime members and/or terrorists.
With bambu and bambu-wisdom teaming up to become bambu-spy, the country is a little safer.
A little...problem is, not allowed to carry weapons.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2021, 08:26:38 PM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #12137 on: July 17, 2021, 08:40:19 PM »

Re the Texas abortion law question which a quick internet search did not answer

In particular the provision allowing unaffiliated non-gov't parties (bounty hunters, vigilantes, crazy people, Bible thumpers, religious zealots who text Jesus, whoever) to enforce the ban, where is their standing under law? How are they a harmed party if a woman seeks medical opinions and a medical procedure? Other than prurient, what is their interest in a woman's medical condition, which presumably is not available to fucking strangers?

thanks.

I'll hang-up and listen.

Thank you for listening. /sound of cash register/

The pregnant woman is not the one being sued - she's exempt.

The person who drove her, the clergy or Planned Parenthood or neighbor who advised her?! They can all be sued.

The standing is purely that established by the law itself. We'll see if that holds up.

But a problem, among many problems, is that theoretically every woman (pregnant or not) who calls Uber, or walks into a church, or a medical clinic, or picks up a phone to call whomever, puts at legal risk an Uber driver, member of the clergy, nurse or doctor, or neighbor phone answerer, for what? Potentially engaging with a woman who might be pregnant and you might say the wrong thing?

Fucking crazy law that to its logical end will make all Texans suspect of something.

The Lone Ranger was right to wear a mask.

Yippee, Ki yay kemo sabe!

It’s a move straight out of the autocrats play book.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Oilcanary

• View Profile
« Reply #12138 on: July 17, 2021, 09:02:22 PM »

Re the Texas abortion law question which a quick internet search did not answer

In particular the provision allowing unaffiliated non-gov't parties (bounty hunters, vigilantes, crazy people, Bible thumpers, religious zealots who text Jesus, whoever) to enforce the ban, where is their standing under law? How are they a harmed party if a woman seeks medical opinions and a medical procedure? Other than prurient, what is their interest in a woman's medical condition, which presumably is not available to fucking strangers?

The argument,  as always, is that the embryo and fetus represents a citizen,  and from that it's a series of short hops to assigning the woman a "duty of care" and,  by extension,  any citizen who sees a micro-citizen endangered.   Oddly,  no one is stressing this duty of care so much after the citizen is born.   Stop a bad mom from slapping her kid in Walmart?  No bounties for that.   No vigilantes.   
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #12139 on: July 17, 2021, 09:32:03 PM »

Kid, you and Piggy both talk about how demonizing you will not get you to change your minds.

No

But nothing else will, either, which is why you ignored that question.

Demonizing makes you no less likely to change your mind, Kid.

I really have no idea what you are talking about - sorry.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #12140 on: July 17, 2021, 09:33:33 PM »

Kid, you and Piggy both talk about how demonizing you will not get you to change your minds.

No

Who does?

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12141 on: July 17, 2021, 09:38:39 PM »

No

No, you're not.

And yes, you do.

Nothing anybody says will change your mind.

And compared to Ward, you seem almost open-minded.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #12142 on: July 17, 2021, 09:40:30 PM »

Do you actually post anything here with the thought that it’s going to change minds?
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12143 on: July 17, 2021, 09:54:46 PM »

While Kid is "Hehing" and Ward is ignoring it all, it is not only the Dems, the liberals, or the scientists calling out the misinformation campaign that the right wing is engaged in.

Not even slightly.

The Republican governor of Utah on Thursday decried “propaganda” spread against coronavirus vaccines, warning that those discouraging immunization are “killing people.”

“We have these — these talking heads who have gotten the vaccine and are telling other people not to get the vaccine,” Gov. Spencer Cox said in response to a reporter’s question about anti-vaccine rhetoric coming in large part from the political right. “That kind of stuff is just, it’s ridiculous. It’s dangerous, it’s damaging, and it’s killing people. I mean, it’s literally killing their supporters. And that makes no sense to me.”

From WaPo.
LOL!
Why would anyone vaccinated tell someone who is not vaccinated to avoid getting the shots?
Because they are dangerous cynical bastards who will even kill their own supporters if they think it will help them politically.
A parrot bit me.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #12144 on: July 17, 2021, 09:57:18 PM »

While Kid is "Hehing" and Ward is ignoring it all, it is not only the Dems, the liberals, or the scientists calling out the misinformation campaign that the right wing is engaged in.

Not even slightly.

The Republican governor of Utah on Thursday decried “propaganda” spread against coronavirus vaccines, warning that those discouraging immunization are “killing people.”

“We have these — these talking heads who have gotten the vaccine and are telling other people not to get the vaccine,” Gov. Spencer Cox said in response to a reporter’s question about anti-vaccine rhetoric coming in large part from the political right. “That kind of stuff is just, it’s ridiculous. It’s dangerous, it’s damaging, and it’s killing people. I mean, it’s literally killing their supporters. And that makes no sense to me.”

From WaPo.
LOL!
Why would anyone vaccinated tell someone who is not vaccinated to avoid getting the shots?
Because they are dangerous cynical bastards who will even kill their own supporters if they think it will help them politically.
And how would it “ help” them politically?

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #12145 on: July 17, 2021, 09:57:43 PM »

No

That should really replace the meaningless patriotism glurge as your tagine.
A parrot bit me.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12146 on: July 17, 2021, 10:34:15 PM »

Do you actually post anything here with the thought that it’s going to change minds?

I have had my mind changed here.

I used to think that Kid or Ward might listen to facts or reason. Or suffering.

I have long since been disabused of that.

But... there is a key question: "What would convince you that you are wrong?"

When the answer is "nothing," then there is no actual discussion going on - the party that has admitted to inflexibility has also admitted they are only there to suck up oxygen.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #12147 on: July 17, 2021, 10:36:41 PM »

Not even slightly.

From WaPo.
LOL!
"LOL! You should learn to read."
A parrot bit me.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #12148 on: July 17, 2021, 10:39:40 PM »

Not even slightly.

From WaPo.
LOL!
How would help them politically?

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12149 on: July 17, 2021, 10:59:10 PM »

Not even slightly.

From WaPo.
LOL!
How would help them politically?

Ward, there is NO FUCKING POINT in responding to you. You never admit anybody has a point. You never admit mistakes. And you do not engage in dialog.

EVER.

And no, it is not because there is no answer, but because there is no point in posting it.
Pages: 1 ... 808 809 [810] 811 812 ... 2924