Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 809 810 [811] 812 813 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 752895 times)

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #12150 on: July 17, 2021, 11:02:10 PM »

While Kid is "Hehing" and Ward is ignoring it all, it is not only the Dems, the liberals, or the scientists calling out the misinformation campaign that the right wing is engaged in.

Not even slightly.

The Republican governor of Utah on Thursday decried “propaganda” spread against coronavirus vaccines, warning that those discouraging immunization are “killing people.”

“We have these — these talking heads who have gotten the vaccine and are telling other people not to get the vaccine,” Gov. Spencer Cox said in response to a reporter’s question about anti-vaccine rhetoric coming in large part from the political right. “That kind of stuff is just, it’s ridiculous. It’s dangerous, it’s damaging, and it’s killing people. I mean, it’s literally killing their supporters. And that makes no sense to me.”

From WaPo.
LOL!
Why would anyone vaccinated tell someone who is not vaccinated to avoid getting the shots?
Because they are dangerous cynical bastards who will even kill their own supporters if they think it will help them politically.
And how would it “ help” them politically?
"LOL! You should learn to read."
How would help them politically?

Ward, there is NO FUCKING POINT in responding to you. You never admit anybody has a point. You never admit mistakes. And you do not engage in dialog.

EVER.

And no, it is not because there is no answer, but because there is no point in posting it.
I asked a question.
I’ll ask you the same one.
How would it help them politically?

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12151 on: July 17, 2021, 11:02:30 PM »

While Kid is "Hehing" and Ward is ignoring it all, it is not only the Dems, the liberals, or the scientists calling out the misinformation campaign that the right wing is engaged in.

Not even slightly.

The Republican governor of Utah on Thursday decried “propaganda” spread against coronavirus vaccines, warning that those discouraging immunization are “killing people.”

“We have these — these talking heads who have gotten the vaccine and are telling other people not to get the vaccine,” Gov. Spencer Cox said in response to a reporter’s question about anti-vaccine rhetoric coming in large part from the political right. “That kind of stuff is just, it’s ridiculous. It’s dangerous, it’s damaging, and it’s killing people. I mean, it’s literally killing their supporters. And that makes no sense to me.”

From WaPo.
LOL!
Why would anyone vaccinated tell someone who is not vaccinated to avoid getting the shots?
Because they are dangerous cynical bastards who will even kill their own supporters if they think it will help them politically.
"LOL!.You should learn to read."
A parrot bit me.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #12152 on: July 17, 2021, 11:04:20 PM »

Not even slightly.

From WaPo.
LOL!
Maybe you and Josh can form a study group to search for an answer.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12153 on: July 17, 2021, 11:15:48 PM »

Not even slightly.

From WaPo.
LOL!

Ward, there is NO FUCKING POINT in responding to you. You never admit anybody has a point. You never admit mistakes. And you do not engage in dialog.

EVER.

And no, it is not because there is no answer, but because there is no point in posting it.
I asked a question.

You seem to be struggling with the concept.

You asked a question, to be sure.

But all of us already know that it doesn't matter what we put as an answer. You won't engage in meaningful exchanges with the answer. "Lol." "You should learn to read." and a host of other inane non-responses are what follow when we try to have a substantive conversation with you.

So, because I am Charlie Brown and you seem to be Lucy, a query back to you. Give me a substantive, meaningful answer to it and I will answer yours.

Ward, what would be an example of an answer to your question that you would find compelling?

I won't use your answer, either.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #12154 on: July 17, 2021, 11:20:55 PM »

Not even slightly.

From WaPo.
LOL!

EVER.

I asked a question.

But all of us already know that it doesn't matter what we put as an answer. You won't engage in meaningful exchanges with the answer. "Lol." "You should learn to read." and a host of other inane non-responses are what follow when we try to have a substantive conversation with you.

So, because I am Charlie Brown and you seem to be Lucy, a query back to you. Give me a substantive, meaningful answer to it and I will answer yours.

Ward, what would be an example of an answer to your question that you would find compelling?

Try an answer.
Harry couldn’t.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12155 on: July 17, 2021, 11:26:12 PM »

Not even slightly.

From WaPo.
LOL!

EVER.

I asked a question.

Try an answer.
Harry couldn’t.

Harry could, Ward.

He just saw the same futility that I did.

Try an answer to mine. Go for it, just this once, Ward!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #12156 on: July 17, 2021, 11:28:37 PM »

Not even slightly.

From WaPo.
LOL!

EVER.

I asked a question.

Try an answer.
Harry couldn’t.

Harry could, Ward.

My question has the floor.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12157 on: July 18, 2021, 12:30:05 AM »

Not even slightly.

From WaPo.
LOL!

EVER.

I asked a question.

Try an answer.
Harry couldn’t.

Harry could, Ward.

Have a good time watching your question eat dust, Ward.

Because of the condition you set up, your question won't get an answer until you establish that it is asked in good faith.

And the more you play "I asked mine first," the more you demonstrate that you don't ask it in good faith.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #12158 on: July 18, 2021, 12:42:21 AM »

Missouri Rep. Cori Bush spent nearly $70,000 on private security over the past three months as she advocated for defunding the police, campaign filings show.

Bush's campaign sent $54,120.92 in payments between April 15 and June 28 for "security services" to RS&T Security Consulting, a New York-based firm with a mysterious online presence, Federal Election Commission records released Thursday show. The Democrat's campaign also paid $15,000 to Nathaniel Davis for "security services" over the same time period.

The $69,120 in security payments accounted for more than a third of Bush's $197,000 in campaign expenditures during the second quarter, the FEC records show. It's also nearly double what her campaign spent on private security during the first quarter of 2021.

https://news.yahoo.com/apos-squad-apos-member-cori-154014931.html

Hypocrite.
No she isn't,  Racist. At least, not based on that article, Racist. She hired private security. Has she ever.advocated eliminating that?

Also... Man Who Pretends to not be a Racist posts yet another article of Black People Allegedly Behaving Badly. Forrest sure seem really, really REALLY fond of doing that.

****So, there's nothing in the post about race. Yet, you inject it. This proves your comments have one purpose. To label anyone who doesn't kowtow to the okey-dokie wokie world as a racist.

Your comments really have become irrelevant.

Racial Jiu Jitsu:

practicing the rhetorical punch, parry, and kick of dog whistle racial jujitsu. Here are the basic moves: (1) punch racism into the conversation through references to culture, behavior, and class; (2) parry claims of race-baiting by insisting that absent a direct reference to biology or the use of a racial epithet, there can be no racism; (3) kick up the racial attack by calling any critics the real racists for mentioning race and thereby “playing the race card.” *****

― Ian Haney López, Dog Whistle Politics: How Coded Racial Appeals Have Reinvented Racism and Wrecked the Middle Class[
/i]

FUN

The people rest...
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #12159 on: July 18, 2021, 12:46:45 AM »

Kid, you and Piggy both talk about how demonizing you will not get you to change your minds.

No

But nothing else will, either, which is why you ignored that question.

Demonizing makes you no less likely to change your mind, Kid.

I really have no idea what you are talking about - sorry.

No, you're not.

And yes, you do.

Nothing anybody says will change your mind.

And compared to Ward, you seem almost open-minded.

He’s a true believer while Ward is a shill.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #12160 on: July 18, 2021, 12:48:32 AM »

Not even slightly.

From WaPo.
LOL!

EVER.

I asked a question.

Try an answer.
Harry couldn’t.

Harry could, Ward.

Have a good time watching your question eat dust, Ward.

Because of the condition you set up, your question won't get an answer until you establish that it is asked in good faith.

And the more you play "I asked mine first," the more you demonstrate that you don't ask it in good faith.
You and Harry already answered.
The room duly noted both.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #12161 on: July 18, 2021, 12:49:15 AM »

Not even slightly.

From WaPo.
LOL!

Lyndon Johnson

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #12162 on: July 18, 2021, 12:56:00 AM »

Not even slightly.

From WaPo.
LOL!
LOL. You should learn to read. For instance, this:

"But all of us already know that it doesn't matter what we put as an answer. You won't engage in meaningful exchanges with the answer. "Lol." "You should learn to read." and a host of other inane non-responses are what follow when we try to have a substantive conversation with you."
A parrot bit me.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #12163 on: July 18, 2021, 01:08:29 AM »

Not even slightly.

From WaPo.
LOL!

"But all of us already know that it doesn't matter what we put as an answer.
What Harry actually means is he has no answer.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #12164 on: July 18, 2021, 01:54:14 AM »

Not even slightly.

From WaPo.
LOL!

"But all of us already know that it doesn't matter what we put as an answer.
What Harry actually means is he has no answer.

"But all of us already know that it doesn't matter what we put as an answer. You won't engage in meaningful exchanges with the answer. "Lol." "You should learn to read." and a host of other inane non-responses are what follow when we try to have a substantive conversation with you."
A parrot bit me.
Pages: 1 ... 809 810 [811] 812 813 ... 2924