Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 810 811 [812] 813 814 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 752846 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #12165 on: July 18, 2021, 03:25:12 AM »

What Harry actually means is he has no answer.

He has no answer for you because it is an even bigger waste of time than my typing this is.

You have no answer to my simple question:
Ward, what would be an example of an answer to your question that you would find compelling?

You say "my question has the floor," but we both know that if I answered yours, you would still not answer mine.

You willing to commit to a serious response to mine, Ward?!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #12166 on: July 18, 2021, 07:48:16 AM »

-  Is this where I come for an argument?

-  I told you once.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12167 on: July 18, 2021, 09:57:22 AM »

An official with the Virginia Parent-Teacher Association resigned after she was recorded on camera saying opponents of critical race theory can "die."

Today, the Virginia PTA executive committee requested and received the resignation of Michelle Leete, who served as Vice President of Training," a Saturday statement from the association reads.

The actions & rhetoric of Ms. Leete & all of the like-minded partisan supporters of the SB are deeply disappointing. It evinces a deep lack of concern for children & parents, particularly where the wellbeing of children & families clash with political considerations," a tweet accompanying the statement reads.

Don't let these uncomfortable people deter us from our own march forward," Leete, who is also Fairfax County’s NAACP vice president, said of counter-protesters.

Mrs. fac.

Heh
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #12168 on: July 18, 2021, 09:59:06 AM »

Kid, you and Piggy both talk about how demonizing you will not get you to change your minds.

No

But nothing else will, either, which is why you ignored that question.

Demonizing makes you no less likely to change your mind, Kid.

I really have no idea what you are talking about - sorry.

No, you're not.

And yes, you do.

Nothing anybody says will change your mind.

And compared to Ward, you seem almost open-minded.

Pot calls kettle out.

LOL!
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #12169 on: July 18, 2021, 10:00:53 AM »

While Kid is "Hehing" and Ward is ignoring it all, it is not only the Dems, the liberals, or the scientists calling out the misinformation campaign that the right wing is engaged in.

Not even slightly.

The Republican governor of Utah on Thursday decried “propaganda” spread against coronavirus vaccines, warning that those discouraging immunization are “killing people.”

“We have these — these talking heads who have gotten the vaccine and are telling other people not to get the vaccine,” Gov. Spencer Cox said in response to a reporter’s question about anti-vaccine rhetoric coming in large part from the political right. “That kind of stuff is just, it’s ridiculous. It’s dangerous, it’s damaging, and it’s killing people. I mean, it’s literally killing their supporters. And that makes no sense to me.”

From WaPo.
LOL!
Why would anyone vaccinated tell someone who is not vaccinated to avoid getting the shots?
Because they are dangerous cynical bastards who will even kill their own supporters if they think it will help them politically.
And how would it “ help” them politically?
"LOL! You should learn to read."
How would help them politically?

Ward, there is NO FUCKING POINT in responding to you. You never admit anybody has a point. You never admit mistakes. And you do not engage in dialog.

EVER.

And no, it is not because there is no answer, but because there is no point in posting it.

That's demonizing, josh.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12170 on: July 18, 2021, 10:07:55 AM »

Kid, you and Piggy both talk about how demonizing you will not get you to change your minds.

No

No, you're not.

And yes, you do.

Pot calls kettle out.

LOL!

Pretty funny, coming from you.

But, as usual, you are both wrong and unwilling to admit it.

I'm pretty sure I admit mistakes here more than you, Kid, and Ward combined, with 1 added to it and multiplied by at least 10. (The combination left us at zero, as I have pointed out about each of you in the past.)

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #12171 on: July 18, 2021, 10:08:18 AM »

Missouri Rep. Cori Bush spent nearly $70,000 on private security over the past three months as she advocated for defunding the police, campaign filings show.

Bush's campaign sent $54,120.92 in payments between April 15 and June 28 for "security services" to RS&T Security Consulting, a New York-based firm with a mysterious online presence, Federal Election Commission records released Thursday show. The Democrat's campaign also paid $15,000 to Nathaniel Davis for "security services" over the same time period.

The $69,120 in security payments accounted for more than a third of Bush's $197,000 in campaign expenditures during the second quarter, the FEC records show. It's also nearly double what her campaign spent on private security during the first quarter of 2021.

https://news.yahoo.com/apos-squad-apos-member-cori-154014931.html

Hypocrite.
No she isn't,  Racist. At least, not based on that article, Racist. She hired private security. Has she ever.advocated eliminating that?

Also... Man Who Pretends to not be a Racist posts yet another article of Black People Allegedly Behaving Badly. Forrest sure seem really, really REALLY fond of doing that.

****So, there's nothing in the post about race. Yet, you inject it. This proves your comments have one purpose. To label anyone who doesn't kowtow to the okey-dokie wokie world as a racist.

Your comments really have become irrelevant.

Racial Jiu Jitsu:

practicing the rhetorical punch, parry, and kick of dog whistle racial jujitsu. Here are the basic moves: (1) punch racism into the conversation through references to culture, behavior, and class; (2) parry claims of race-baiting by insisting that absent a direct reference to biology or the use of a racial epithet, there can be no racism; (3) kick up the racial attack by calling any critics the real racists for mentioning race and thereby “playing the race card.” *****

― Ian Haney López, Dog Whistle Politics: How Coded Racial Appeals Have Reinvented Racism and Wrecked the Middle Class[
/i]

FUN

The people rest...

You don't represent the "people", dope.

Bottom line. Instead of attempting to truly counter the original assertion of her being a hypocrite, the label racist is put forth in order to defuse the apt criticism and change the subject for that criticism to the critic themselves. Classic leftist bullshit.

Then when that is rightly shown to be the case you drag out a justification for the racist label.

Tell us, Larry, if she were still here today, would you still beat your wife?

FUN stuff.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12172 on: July 18, 2021, 10:09:30 AM »

While Kid is "Hehing" and Ward is ignoring it all, it is not only the Dems, the liberals, or the scientists calling out the misinformation campaign that the right wing is engaged in.

Not even slightly.

The Republican governor of Utah on Thursday decried “propaganda” spread against coronavirus vaccines, warning that those discouraging immunization are “killing people.”

“We have these — these talking heads who have gotten the vaccine and are telling other people not to get the vaccine,” Gov. Spencer Cox said in response to a reporter’s question about anti-vaccine rhetoric coming in large part from the political right. “That kind of stuff is just, it’s ridiculous. It’s dangerous, it’s damaging, and it’s killing people. I mean, it’s literally killing their supporters. And that makes no sense to me.”

From WaPo.
LOL!
Why would anyone vaccinated tell someone who is not vaccinated to avoid getting the shots?
Because they are dangerous cynical bastards who will even kill their own supporters if they think it will help them politically.
And how would it “ help” them politically?
"LOL! You should learn to read."
How would help them politically?

Ward, there is NO FUCKING POINT in responding to you. You never admit anybody has a point. You never admit mistakes. And you do not engage in dialog.

EVER.

And no, it is not because there is no answer, but because there is no point in posting it.

That's demonizing, josh.

And not for his political views, but for his lack of integrity.

Kind of like you, oh "fearless" one.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #12173 on: July 18, 2021, 10:11:47 AM »

No

No, you're not.

And yes, you do.

Pot calls kettle out.

LOL!

Pretty funny, coming from you.

But, as usual, you are both wrong and unwilling to admit it.

I'm pretty sure I admit mistakes here more than you, Kid, and Ward combined, with 1 added to it and multiplied by at least 10. (The combination left us at zero, as I have pointed out about each of you in the past.)

Yeah. We are wrong and you are right.

You know, this place was fun until you and your pal wokies decided that only your opinions mattered.

Sorry, josh, but All Opinions Matter!

AOM.

I will not stand by and let you keep trying to silence dissent, you fucking autocrat.

AOM!

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #12174 on: July 18, 2021, 10:23:16 AM »

It's a simple, utopian idea. If we give everyone a monthly check, we can eliminate poverty and do away with the inefficiencies of our cumbersome and flawed welfare state. Minneapolis is the latest city to give a “universal basic income” (UBI) a try. It's offering $500 a month for 18 months to 150 of its low-income residents with no work or spending restrictions.

But others worry it's not so simple. A universal basic income would be expensive, and what if it discourages people to work, which could inadvertently increase inequality and lead to social instability? A new paper suggests the skeptics may be right: UBI may cause more harm than good for a very high cost.

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2021-07-16/would-a-universal-basic-income-work-for-gen-z?utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&utm_term=210716&utm_campaign=sharetheview

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12175 on: July 18, 2021, 10:27:58 AM »

Meanwhile, returning to substance:
https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/17/opinions/deadly-heat-waves-wet-bulb-climate-change-ki-moon-verkooijen/index.html

The steps by cities to deal with their increasing temperatures and the more frequent and more severe heat waves are worth considering in more than just the largest places and many of them even in places without the most extreme heat - because very few places are not going to be seeing their temperatures increase and well over half will get past that "wet bulb" number in the years to come.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12176 on: July 18, 2021, 10:39:54 AM »

https://www.commerce.senate.gov/services/files/3893917C-A6CE-4D6C-AA9D-781401322BF3

A non-law enforcement branch at Commerce has been conducting unauthorized and likely illegal investigations for more than 15 years, including disproportionate attention to Chinese and Southeast Asian individuals.

Their Inspector General failed to act even after gathering data.

The Senate committee seems to have done excellent work here with the myriad whistleblowers.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12178 on: July 18, 2021, 11:37:17 AM »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #12179 on: July 18, 2021, 11:49:11 AM »

Missouri Rep. Cori Bush spent nearly $70,000 on private security over the past three months as she advocated for defunding the police, campaign filings show.

Bush's campaign sent $54,120.92 in payments between April 15 and June 28 for "security services" to RS&T Security Consulting, a New York-based firm with a mysterious online presence, Federal Election Commission records released Thursday show. The Democrat's campaign also paid $15,000 to Nathaniel Davis for "security services" over the same time period.

The $69,120 in security payments accounted for more than a third of Bush's $197,000 in campaign expenditures during the second quarter, the FEC records show. It's also nearly double what her campaign spent on private security during the first quarter of 2021.

https://news.yahoo.com/apos-squad-apos-member-cori-154014931.html

Hypocrite.
No she isn't,  Racist. At least, not based on that article, Racist. She hired private security. Has she ever.advocated eliminating that?

Also... Man Who Pretends to not be a Racist posts yet another article of Black People Allegedly Behaving Badly. Forrest sure seem really, really REALLY fond of doing that.

****So, there's nothing in the post about race. Yet, you inject it. This proves your comments have one purpose. To label anyone who doesn't kowtow to the okey-dokie wokie world as a racist.

Your comments really have become irrelevant.

Racial Jiu Jitsu:

practicing the rhetorical punch, parry, and kick of dog whistle racial jujitsu. Here are the basic moves: (1) punch racism into the conversation through references to culture, behavior, and class; (2) parry claims of race-baiting by insisting that absent a direct reference to biology or the use of a racial epithet, there can be no racism; (3) kick up the racial attack by calling any critics the real racists for mentioning race and thereby “playing the race card.” *****

― Ian Haney López, Dog Whistle Politics: How Coded Racial Appeals Have Reinvented Racism and Wrecked the Middle Class[
/i]

FUN

The people rest...

You don't represent the "people", dope.

Bottom line. Instead of attempting to truly counter the original assertion of her being a hypocrite, the label racist is put forth in order to defuse the apt criticism and change the subject for that criticism to the critic themselves. Classic leftist bullshit.

Then when that is rightly shown to be the case you drag out a justification for the racist label.

Tell us, Larry, if she were still here today, would you still beat your wife?

FUN stuff.

First of all hiring security in the face of credible death threats isn’t being hypocritical.

Second of all you followed the established protocols for spouting racist dog whistles.

Third, go fuck yourself.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 810 811 [812] 813 814 ... 2924