Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 817 818 [819] 820 821 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 752432 times)

Oilcan

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #12270 on: July 19, 2021, 08:09:20 PM »

Kid,  at a political chat forum,  it's the custom (and often the rule) to back up what you assert.   No one has given you a special Autocrat badge that empowers you to just spout,  and have us all bow to your wisdom.  An explanation is clearly called for,  as at least two members have no idea why you are on about, opposing masks.

Weird how we seem to have actually regressed,  as a nation unified against a dangerous disease,  since the 1918 outbreak.     

Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12271 on: July 19, 2021, 08:25:20 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/19/us/aap-open-schools-covid/index.html

Pediatricians call for masks in schools.

I imagine this will work much the same way the vaccinations have been working.

I already expect my kid's school to be ultra-safe and require the masks.  Sucks - but cant do anything about it no matter my opinion on the issue.

So, you'd rather your children not wear a mask in school? Explain.

Correct

No explanation needed

This new learning amazes me. Explain again how sheep's bladders can be employed to prevent earthquakes.

Kid is already making monthly recurring contributions to the large wooden badger project that Steve Bannon is putting together.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2021, 08:31:43 PM by facilitatorn »
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• View Profile

Holly Martins

« Reply #12273 on: July 19, 2021, 08:36:08 PM »

Kid,  at a political chat forum,  it's the custom (and often the rule) to back up what you assert.   No one has given you a special Autocrat badge that empowers you to just spout,  and have us all bow to your wisdom....

You can’t expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you....

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #12274 on: July 19, 2021, 08:43:49 PM »

Kid,  at a political chat forum,  it's the custom (and often the rule) to back up what you assert.   No one has given you a special Autocrat badge that empowers you to just spout,  and have us all bow to your wisdom.  An explanation is clearly called for,  as at least two members have no idea why you are on about, opposing masks.

Weird how we seem to have actually regressed,  as a nation unified against a dangerous disease,  since the 1918 outbreak.   

OC-Kid is Elba's leading provider of "hot takes". But when pressed for explanations to back them up, he dummies up.

But you're not missing much, as if you scratch kid's surface, you just end up with a dirty grimy, finger.

As an aside, last year, (late March 2020) as covid-19 was starting its death march through the northeast, and infecting the NYC-NJ-Ct tri-state area, I asked kid if he wore a mask when he went out in public, and he was too cowed to answer.

It was sad, but there's a reason he goes by the name "kid". Although "Fool" fits better.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12275 on: July 19, 2021, 08:44:25 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/19/us/aap-open-schools-covid/index.html

Pediatricians call for masks in schools.

I imagine this will work much the same way the vaccinations have been working.

I already expect my kid's school to be ultra-safe and require the masks.  Sucks - but cant do anything about it no matter my opinion on the issue.

So, you'd rather your children not wear a mask in school? Explain.

Correct

No explanation needed

Then we get to choose one for you.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12276 on: July 19, 2021, 08:52:09 PM »

”No. You're obstinate. My take is just different, and you have trouble accepting points of view that don't confirm to yours or confirm your own biases.

The end.”
w

It’s not different it’s judt fucking wrong.

Thanks for proving my point.

FUN stuff, Larry.

Show me how this relates to the bullshit you posted directly to me:

“practicing the rhetorical punch, parry, and kick of dog whistle racial jujitsu. Here are the basic moves: (1) punch racism into the conversation through references to culture, behavior, and class; (2) parry claims of race-baiting by insisting that absent a direct reference to biology or the use of a racial epithet, there can be no racism; (3) kick up the racial attack by calling any critics the real racists for mentioning race and thereby “playing the race card.”

― Ian Haney López, Dog Whistle Politics: How Coded Racial Appeals Have Reinvented Racism and Wrecked the Middle Class

You already were shown.
 Let's review.

"Missouri Rep. Cori Bush spent nearly $70,000 on private security over the past three months as she advocated for defunding the police, campaign filings show.

Bush's campaign sent $54,120.92 in payments between April 15 and June 28 for "security services" to RS&T Security Consulting, a New York-based firm with a mysterious online presence, Federal Election Commission records released Thursday show. The Democrat's campaign also paid $15,000 to Nathaniel Davis for "security services" over the same time period.

The $69,120 in security payments accounted for more than a third of Bush's $197,000 in campaign expenditures during the second quarter, the FEC records show. It's also nearly double what her campaign spent on private security during the first quarter of 2021.

https://news.yahoo.com/apos-squad-apos-member-cori-154014931.html

Hypocrite.
No she isn't,  Racist. At least, not based on that article, Racist. She hired private security. Has she ever.advocated eliminating that?

Also... Man Who Pretends to not be a Racist posts yet another article of Black People Allegedly Behaving Badly. Forrest sure seem really, really REALLY fond of doing that.

****So, there's nothing in the post about race. Yet, you inject it. This proves your comments have one purpose. To label anyone who doesn't kowtow to the okey-dokie wokie world as a racist.

Your comments really have become irrelevant.

Racial Jiu Jitsu:

“practicing the rhetorical punch, parry, and kick of dog whistle racial jujitsu. Here are the basic moves: (1) punch racism into the conversation through references to culture, behavior, and class; (2) parry claims of race-baiting by insisting that absent a direct reference to biology or the use of a racial epithet, there can be no racism; (3) kick up the racial attack by calling any critics the real racists for mentioning race and thereby “playing the race card.” *****

― Ian Haney López, Dog Whistle Politics: How Coded Racial Appeals Have Reinvented Racism and Wrecked the Middle Class[/i]

FUN

The people rest...

You don't represent the "people", dope.

Bottom line. Instead of attempting to truly counter the original assertion of her being a hypocrite, the label racist is put forth in order to defuse the apt criticism and change the subject for that criticism to the critic themselves. Classic leftist bullshit.

Then when that is rightly shown to be the case you drag out a justification for the racist label."

GFY, and have FUN.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #12277 on: July 19, 2021, 09:40:14 PM »

As an aside, last year, (late March 2020) as covid-19 was starting its death march through the northeast, and infecting the NYC-NJ-Ct tri-state area, I asked kid if he wore a mask when he went out in public, and he was too cowed to answer.

Not sure why I still read your slop but.....

As I stated at the time and have throughout, I wear a mask where required. 
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #12278 on: July 19, 2021, 09:52:28 PM »

Not sure why I still read your slop but.....

As I stated at the time and have throughout, I wear a mask where required.

You read my slop, because you know its real slop, and I deal straight with you.

For the record, it took you about a month after I asked you to finally tell me "you obeyed the law". As opposed to answering whether you wore a mask, or did not wear a mask when you were in public. Walking on the street a mask was not required, but by early April 2020 was required when in stores.

I was curious how serious you took the pandemic as it was killing your neighbors.   

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #12279 on: July 19, 2021, 10:21:28 PM »

She’s no hypocrite, thug muffin.

If cops protected her constituents like her private security team protects her while displaying a similar degree of respect, reforming police and policing would be lower on her list of priorities. That’s what she’s working towards. That’s what communities and families and cops across this nation want.

You are a bit the hypocrite Hamby-pamby, always attempting to paint others with your cracked thin haired tarnished brush.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #12280 on: July 19, 2021, 10:42:11 PM »

Here we go again—Mask up, America. As usual, California kicks off the chaos and crashes the market by prematurely and unscientifically mandating masks indoors for the vaccinated and unvaccinated people. How does this make sense? We were just told, ‘Get vaccinated, lose the mask.’ We just told businesses to rehire their staff and get back to work. And they did and we went to their workplace. Now that vaccines are open to everyone—and information and expertise are everywhere—why does it matter how many COVID cases we have in this country? Now that we all have a choice on how to handle our personal health—including vaccines, distancing, masks—why do we need the president of the United States and Facebook to shut us down and shut down our lives once again?

But here's a news alert for you—I did get vaccinated because I was told there's a 97 percent chance I will not get the virus. And if I did get it, the symptoms would be so mild it would be worth it. And because I got vaccinated, I feel confident to resume my pre-pandemic life. So if you don’t mind, if I can speak for Americans across this country who enjoy freedom of choice, we'll take it from here.

- Brian Kilmeade
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #12281 on: July 19, 2021, 10:59:33 PM »

“Bottom line. Instead of attempting to truly counter the original assertion of her being a hypocrite, the label racist is put forth in order to defuse the apt criticism and change the subject for that criticism to the critic themselves. Classic leftist bullshit.”

What does that have to do with you using my wife in a HAM fisted attempt to create a moral equivalence?

You made an insinuation about Bush bring a hypocrite for hiring private security and the funds she used for payment.

If there is one thing you never waver from it is the resentment you display whenever the topic turns to black folks getting or spending money.

So yeah, racist as usual.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #12282 on: July 19, 2021, 11:01:48 PM »

Here we go again—Mask up, America. As usual, California kicks off the chaos and crashes the market by prematurely and unscientifically mandating masks indoors for the vaccinated and unvaccinated people. How does this make sense? We were just told, ‘Get vaccinated, lose the mask.’ We just told businesses to rehire their staff and get back to work. And they did and we went to their workplace. Now that vaccines are open to everyone—and information and expertise are everywhere—why does it matter how many COVID cases we have in this country? Now that we all have a choice on how to handle our personal health—including vaccines, distancing, masks—why do we need the president of the United States and Facebook to shut us down and shut down our lives once again?

But here's a news alert for you—I did get vaccinated because I was told there's a 97 percent chance I will not get the virus. And if I did get it, the symptoms would be so mild it would be worth it. And because I got vaccinated, I feel confident to resume my pre-pandemic life. So if you don’t mind, if I can speak for Americans across this country who enjoy freedom of choice, we'll take it from here.

- Brian Kilmeade

FNC legal department passing on the word.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12283 on: July 19, 2021, 11:44:29 PM »

”No. You're obstinate. My take is just different, and you have trouble accepting points of view that don't confirm to yours or confirm your own biases.

The end.”
w

It’s not different it’s judt fucking wrong.

Thanks for proving my point.

FUN stuff, Larry.

Show me how this relates to the bullshit you posted directly to me:

“practicing the rhetorical punch, parry, and kick of dog whistle racial jujitsu. Here are the basic moves: (1) punch racism into the conversation through references to culture, behavior, and class; (2) parry claims of race-baiting by insisting that absent a direct reference to biology or the use of a racial epithet, there can be no racism; (3) kick up the racial attack by calling any critics the real racists for mentioning race and thereby “playing the race card.”

― Ian Haney López, Dog Whistle Politics: How Coded Racial Appeals Have Reinvented Racism and Wrecked the Middle Class

You already were shown.
 Let's review.

"Missouri Rep. Cori Bush spent nearly $70,000 on private security over the past three months as she advocated for defunding the police, campaign filings show.

Bush's campaign sent $54,120.92 in payments between April 15 and June 28 for "security services" to RS&T Security Consulting, a New York-based firm with a mysterious online presence, Federal Election Commission records released Thursday show. The Democrat's campaign also paid $15,000 to Nathaniel Davis for "security services" over the same time period.

The $69,120 in security payments accounted for more than a third of Bush's $197,000 in campaign expenditures during the second quarter, the FEC records show. It's also nearly double what her campaign spent on private security during the first quarter of 2021.

https://news.yahoo.com/apos-squad-apos-member-cori-154014931.html

Hypocrite.
No she isn't,  Racist. At least, not based on that article, Racist. She hired private security. Has she ever.advocated eliminating that?

Also... Man Who Pretends to not be a Racist posts yet another article of Black People Allegedly Behaving Badly. Forrest sure seem really, really REALLY fond of doing that.

****So, there's nothing in the post about race.
...except of course the whole context.
Yet, you inject it. This proves your comments have one purpose. To label anyone who doesn't kowtow to the okey-dokie wokie world as a racist.

No, just you. Because the shoe fits.
A parrot bit me.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12284 on: July 20, 2021, 12:41:59 AM »

But here's a news alert for you—I did get vaccinated because I was told there's a 97 percent chance I will not get the virus. And if I did get it, the symptoms would be so mild it would be worth it. And because I got vaccinated, I feel confident to resume my pre-pandemic life. So if you don’t mind, if I can speak for Americans across this country who enjoy freedom of choice, we'll take it from here.[/i]

- Brian Kilmeade

Brian Kilmeade is an ass.

Because if he gets it, he can transmit it.

His "freedom of choice" is damning to those who are not vaccinated or have immune-compromised systems.

Some who are not vaccinated are innocents. They had no choice, either because of age or other issues. They do not deserve to get infected because some asshole cannot be bothered to protect them.

THIS is the problem with your "I wear a mask when legally obligated to do so" attitude, Kid. We don't wear them to protect ourselves, primarily. We wear them to protect others.

Brian Kilmeade is right that he has a choice - he can choose to be a dangerous ass or a mildly inconvenienced responsible citizen.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham
Pages: 1 ... 817 818 [819] 820 821 ... 2924