Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 818 819 [820] 821 822 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 752202 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #12285 on: July 20, 2021, 01:34:57 AM »

http://www.politico.com/states/florida/story/2021/07/16/desantis-has-a-dead-fish-problem-1388415

"For the average voter, when they see dead fish, they smell the odor of dead fish and their eyes and their nose are burned by the toxic airborne particles, that could affect the way they view the governor — and could affect the vote," Jewett said.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #12286 on: July 20, 2021, 04:33:14 AM »

ISIS has blown up a market in Baghdad killing 35, injuring many, including women and children.
Of course, no surprise.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2021, 04:44:20 AM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #12287 on: July 20, 2021, 04:43:16 AM »

Bambuland...25m population, 13m in lockdown.
In Sydney, the 3 most infected areas are those in SW Sydney where 7 out of 10 speak a language other than english as their first language.
Some white people left there, most have moved out over time.
It's taboo to talk about it...as multiculturalism and immigrant ethic enclaves are king. 
Say anything and you could find yourself branded racist.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2021, 06:01:36 AM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12288 on: July 20, 2021, 06:58:29 AM »

“Bottom line. Instead of attempting to truly counter the original assertion of her being a hypocrite, the label racist is put forth in order to defuse the apt criticism and change the subject for that criticism to the critic themselves. Classic leftist bullshit.”

What does that have to do with you using my wife in a HAM fisted attempt to create a moral equivalence?

You made an insinuation about Bush bring a hypocrite for hiring private security and the funds she used for payment.

If there is one thing you never waver from it is the resentment you display whenever the topic turns to black folks getting or spending money.

So yeah, racist as usual.

FUN.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #12289 on: July 20, 2021, 07:00:28 AM »

Another reason (besides it isn't very good) NOT to buy Ben & Jerry's ice cream:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/19/business/ben-and-jerrys-palestinian-territory/index.html

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #12290 on: July 20, 2021, 07:06:16 AM »

”No. You're obstinate. My take is just different, and you have trouble accepting points of view that don't confirm to yours or confirm your own biases.

The end.”
w

It’s not different it’s judt fucking wrong.

Thanks for proving my point.

FUN stuff, Larry.

Show me how this relates to the bullshit you posted directly to me:

“practicing the rhetorical punch, parry, and kick of dog whistle racial jujitsu. Here are the basic moves: (1) punch racism into the conversation through references to culture, behavior, and class; (2) parry claims of race-baiting by insisting that absent a direct reference to biology or the use of a racial epithet, there can be no racism; (3) kick up the racial attack by calling any critics the real racists for mentioning race and thereby “playing the race card.”

― Ian Haney López, Dog Whistle Politics: How Coded Racial Appeals Have Reinvented Racism and Wrecked the Middle Class

You already were shown.
 Let's review.

"Missouri Rep. Cori Bush spent nearly $70,000 on private security over the past three months as she advocated for defunding the police, campaign filings show.

Bush's campaign sent $54,120.92 in payments between April 15 and June 28 for "security services" to RS&T Security Consulting, a New York-based firm with a mysterious online presence, Federal Election Commission records released Thursday show. The Democrat's campaign also paid $15,000 to Nathaniel Davis for "security services" over the same time period.

The $69,120 in security payments accounted for more than a third of Bush's $197,000 in campaign expenditures during the second quarter, the FEC records show. It's also nearly double what her campaign spent on private security during the first quarter of 2021.

https://news.yahoo.com/apos-squad-apos-member-cori-154014931.html

Hypocrite.
No she isn't,  Racist. At least, not based on that article, Racist. She hired private security. Has she ever.advocated eliminating that?

Also... Man Who Pretends to not be a Racist posts yet another article of Black People Allegedly Behaving Badly. Forrest sure seem really, really REALLY fond of doing that.

****So, there's nothing in the post about race.
...except of course the whole context.
Yet, you inject it. This proves your comments have one purpose. To label anyone who doesn't kowtow to the okey-dokie wokie world as a racist.

No, just you. Because the shoe fits.

No, it's the reactionary left.

Any criticism of the left or one of it's heroes, no matter how valid or clearly shown, as in my original post, draws the "racist" comment as a method if shutting down any real discussion.

It's what you do. It's what Larry does. It's what many here do

And Larry's passionate defense of doing so, he attempts to justify. It makes as much sense as asking when someone stopped beating their wife.

It's juvenile,, inaccurate, and weak-minded.

But then, that's

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #12291 on: July 20, 2021, 09:03:26 AM »

”No. You're obstinate. My take is just different, and you have trouble accepting points of view that don't confirm to yours or confirm your own biases.

The end.”
w

FUN stuff, Larry.

“practicing the rhetorical punch, parry, and kick of dog whistle racial jujitsu. Here are the basic moves: (1) punch racism into the conversation through references to culture, behavior, and class; (2) parry claims of race-baiting by insisting that absent a direct reference to biology or the use of a racial epithet, there can be no racism; (3) kick up the racial attack by calling any critics the real racists for mentioning race and thereby “playing the race card.”

― Ian Haney López, Dog Whistle Politics: How Coded Racial Appeals Have Reinvented Racism and Wrecked the Middle Class

You already were shown.
 Let's review.

"Missouri Rep. Cori Bush spent nearly $70,000 on private security over the past three months as she advocated for defunding the police, campaign filings show.

Bush's campaign sent $54,120.92 in payments between April 15 and June 28 for "security services" to RS&T Security Consulting, a New York-based firm with a mysterious online presence, Federal Election Commission records released Thursday show. The Democrat's campaign also paid $15,000 to Nathaniel Davis for "security services" over the same time period.

The $69,120 in security payments accounted for more than a third of Bush's $197,000 in campaign expenditures during the second quarter, the FEC records show. It's also nearly double what her campaign spent on private security during the first quarter of 2021.

Hypocrite.
No she isn't,  Racist. At least, not based on that article, Racist. She hired private security. Has she ever.advocated eliminating that?

Also... Man Who Pretends to not be a Racist posts yet another article of Black People Allegedly Behaving Badly. Forrest sure seem really, really REALLY fond of doing that.

Yet, you inject it. This proves your comments have one purpose. To label anyone who doesn't kowtow to the okey-dokie wokie world as a racist.

Any criticism of the left or one of it's heroes, no matter how valid or clearly shown, as in my original post, draws the "racist" comment as a method if shutting down any real discussion.

And Larry's passionate defense of doing so, he attempts to justify. It makes as much sense as asking when someone stopped beating their wife.

But then, that's

When did you stop raping you’re mother?

FUMF
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12292 on: July 20, 2021, 09:40:34 AM »

The end.”
w

FUN stuff, Larry.

You already were shown.
 Let's review.

Hypocrite.

But then, that's
No, it is YOU. You get called on your blatant racism and to make yourself more comfortable you decide there is some sort of organized plot to quiet you, based solely on disagreement. But it is not. It is based on your racism, Forrest. Pure and simple.

And even if you were right it is nothing like a do you still beat your wife scenario. You just posted that to attack someone who recently lost their beloved wife to try to hurt them. Something you find amusing because in addition to being a racist YOU ARE A DESPICABLE PILE OF HORSE EXCREMENT.
A parrot bit me.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #12293 on: July 20, 2021, 09:51:18 AM »

'Freedom Day' in Britain yesterday...everything opened up, no restrictions.
"Weee!..all back into the clubs, jumpin and pumpin...despite 40,000 new cases of Covid every day.
It's madness.
40% of cases being admitted to hospital are people who've been vaccinated.
Half the UK thinks it's too far too soon.
Saw one older lady in Britain on tv say that she would still be wearing a mask..and that she had basically been called "a brainwashed moron" for doing so.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #12294 on: July 20, 2021, 10:01:30 AM »

I didn't realize the Republican Party had a foothold in Britain.
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

Holly Martins

« Reply #12295 on: July 20, 2021, 10:24:39 AM »

The mask resistance reminds me of learning disabilities I encountered when working with people with TBI.   Except most with TBI,  if you repeated an obvious and demonstrable fact for sixteen months, would be able to grasp it and act accordingly.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #12296 on: July 20, 2021, 11:27:32 AM »

"Shutdowns were a collossal failure - the destroyed LIVES, they destroyed BUSINESSES...and these mask mandates don't make any sense..."

- Ted Cruz
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #12297 on: July 20, 2021, 11:29:52 AM »

Brian Kilmeade is an ass.

It's comments like this that make you one.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #12298 on: July 20, 2021, 11:33:35 AM »

THIS is the problem with your "I wear a mask when legally obligated to do so" attitude, Kid. We don't wear them to protect ourselves, primarily. We wear them to protect others.

Well, no - initially it was both

Now you ask that everyone mask up to protect those that refuse vaccination, though you at the same time DESTROY those same people with your commentary here.

CDC is now allowing those who are vaccinated to enter stores without masks.  Do you disagree with this?  Will you automatically agree with a Democratically ruled state/city that wishes to go against the CDC?  Why?

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12299 on: July 20, 2021, 11:56:21 AM »

"Republicans were a colossal failure - the destroyed LIVES, they destroyed BUSINESSES...and these traitor republican senators don't make any sense..."

- Yo mama
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war
Pages: 1 ... 818 819 [820] 821 822 ... 2924