Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 826 827 [828] 829 830 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 752248 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #12405 on: July 21, 2021, 11:14:07 AM »

Congratulations to Jeff Bezos!
Another bright chapter is the annals of American entrepreneurship, capitalism, and a fee country built on the rule of law.
That, and paying 0 federal income taxes for 12 years.

Public company, no?

Do you have Amazon in your funds?

Irrelevant, Kid - the comment was about his tax paying, not Amazon's.

But Bezos only paid zero taxes in two of those dozen years, according to ProPublica's report. Further,

For the years he did pay federal income taxes between 2006 and 2018, Bezos paid a total of about $1.4 billion on a reported income of $6.5 billion, or a rate of about 21.5%. That reported income does not include the vast increase to his net worth during the same period — about $127 billion, according to Forbes — due to his stake in Amazon.

Not enough, perhaps, but a lot more than nothing.
You are right. I misread the article. Sorry.

I hope it's the worst mistake you make for the rest of your life!

And I wish others could be half so gracious in admitting their mistakes.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #12406 on: July 21, 2021, 11:29:44 AM »

Until you fucks promoting hydroxychloroquine cocktails and UV-bleach enemas were firmly discredited and deposed, any science from an agency under any branch of the federal government was too highly suspect to endorse.

Even when they trotted out real scientists, it was always clear there was a propaganda goon from the Putin-trump terrorist cell waiting in the wings with an electric cattle prod in case that scientist gave unvarnished scientific advice against their explicit anti American political instructions.

Once the house fell on the witch, and Steve Miller dissolved from contact with water (January 2021), you could trust scientists installed by the real administrations like Clinton and Obama to give faithful and valid public advice again.

It’s not nice to tell people you know something until you actually think you have good reason to know that you know it yourself.
Is this what passes for discussion in the world of Barton?
I might need to add an ignore

Oh, please do! Put us all on ignore, Ward!
In a real sense, he already has.

Indeed.  Not to mention his visual handicap with quote boxes.   The quote is from Facilitatorn, not me.   I did thumbs up it,  though,  for eloquence.
You may have reached the right conclusion, but for the wrong thought process.
You reposted a Facilitatorn garbage rant I would have never seen since I have had him , for a long time, on ignore.
If it is your intention to endorse a moron like him by reposting his shit then I might as well add you to my ignore list.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12407 on: July 21, 2021, 11:34:09 AM »

[]I  called you a racist because you are one and engaged in a continuing course of racist behavior. You lose again.

Boz,  you are one of my favorites here,  with sharply observed takes on issues,  nuanced arguments,  great quips and jests,  but seriously man,  this incandescent troll-turd is going to eat a hole in your brain if you keep engaging with him.  (this goes for several of you contentious motherfuckers out there...)

His problem is obvious and he is like so many people in that he never sees himself as others see him.   And so much racism is unconscious,  incredible as that may seem when you witness what looks to be just corrosive racial bias and baiting.   The hallmark of many a racist is that they see racism everywhere but in themselves.  Because they've never had those moments of self-reflection where their own biases surface,  never had that painful awakening to what is almost the "original sin" of America.   (maybe I shouldn't appropriate a religious doctrine to describe a social ill)   

Knowing you (meaning everyone,  the general you) have some racist bias is the starting point of mitigating the adverse effects of it.   Beware of the person who smugly informs you they are "colorblind."

Boy, are YOU full of shit. You think you can divine how a person actually IS from the crap thrown up on this board? Get a fucking clue.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12408 on: July 21, 2021, 11:35:10 AM »

CDC information on vaccinations of note:

Black and Hispanic people have had persistently lower rates of vaccination compared to their White counterparts across most states. These lower vaccination rates leave Black and Hispanic people at increased risk for infection, illness, and death, particularly as new variants, like the Delta variant, spread.

Thus far, 47 percent of whites are vaccinated, and 62 percent of Asians, but Hispanics sit at a much lower 39 percent, and blacks at an even lower 34 percent.

https://www.kff.org/racial-equity-and-health-policy/issue-brief/health-coverage-by-race-and-ethnicity/

And with good reason, given how the medical profession has treated those populations over the years, Ward, not that you would even begin to accept that truth.

It's a problem. But the reason only 47% of whites are vaccinated is because of the GOP and Fox.

And because there are so many more whites, it creates at least as big a problem and in some states far bigger.

There has been a very direct and conscience outreach into many of these communities, and in the NY Metro area, they are running ads all the time trying to bump these numbers up. But science isn't important in America. Dancing with the Stars, the NFL, and what will Britney do seem to be the priorities.

<SFX> Weary Heavy sigh>

Oh, shit! I forgot, you don't deal with FACTS, being a habitual and proven liar.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12409 on: July 21, 2021, 11:48:57 AM »

I don’t ignore Red. I’d like to see him eventually brought to justice. That means keeping track of his spew of disinformation and an eye on his every weaselly move.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #12410 on: July 21, 2021, 12:32:54 PM »

I gotta watch more CSPAN.  Would have loved to see this sparring:

"Maybe it's your presidential aspirations, I don't know, but you're turning to political purposes," Menendez told Cruz toward the end of their spat, his voice rising in apparent anger. "You held over every nominee. Every nominee! I've never seen that."

Cruz cut in loudly: "I did so for a policy that, Mr. Chairman, you used to support ... that the Biden administration has deliberately undercut and given a gift to Putin and Russia."

I like Menendez, generally.

Ted Cruz is supposed to be Putin’s favorite gift to Russia. His jealousy and insecurity must be getting even more out of control if he’s now worried about being supplanted as Putin’s lapdog.

Stay out of jail, Ted, but not for very much longer.   

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #12411 on: July 21, 2021, 12:46:53 PM »

Sure - news flash - not all Republicans - or Democrats - support everything the others within party do.

It's called the USA.

Members of Congress also often take stances they know will not be backed by a majority

Again - it's called THE USA.  This is how governing works.

As you were...

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12412 on: July 21, 2021, 12:56:17 PM »

Until you fucks promoting hydroxychloroquine cocktails and UV-bleach enemas were firmly discredited and deposed, any science from an agency under any branch of the federal government was too highly suspect to endorse.

Even when they trotted out real scientists, it was always clear there was a propaganda goon from the Putin-trump terrorist cell waiting in the wings with an electric cattle prod in case that scientist gave unvarnished scientific advice against their explicit anti American political instructions.

Once the house fell on the witch, and Steve Miller dissolved from contact with water (January 2021), you could trust scientists installed by the real administrations like Clinton and Obama to give faithful and valid public advice again.

It’s not nice to tell people you know something until you actually think you have good reason to know that you know it yourself.
Is this what passes for discussion in the world of Barton?
I might need to add an ignore

Oh, please do! Put us all on ignore, Ward!
In a real sense, he already has.

Indeed.  Not to mention his visual handicap with quote boxes.   The quote is from Facilitatorn, not me.   I did thumbs up it,  though,  for eloquence.
You may have reached the right conclusion, but for the wrong thought process.
You reposted a Facilitatorn garbage rant I would have never seen since I have had him , for a long time, on ignore.
If it is your intention to endorse a moron like him by reposting his shit then I might as well add you to my ignore list.

Oh, please do! Put us all on ignore, Ward!!

P.S. That's an action for you to take, not me.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12413 on: July 21, 2021, 12:58:00 PM »

[]I  called you a racist because you are one and engaged in a continuing course of racist behavior. You lose again.

Boz,  you are one of my favorites here,  with sharply observed takes on issues,  nuanced arguments,  great quips and jests,  but seriously man,  this incandescent troll-turd is going to eat a hole in your brain if you keep engaging with him.  (this goes for several of you contentious motherfuckers out there...)

His problem is obvious and he is like so many people in that he never sees himself as others see him.   And so much racism is unconscious,  incredible as that may seem when you witness what looks to be just corrosive racial bias and baiting.   The hallmark of many a racist is that they see racism everywhere but in themselves.  Because they've never had those moments of self-reflection where their own biases surface,  never had that painful awakening to what is almost the "original sin" of America.   (maybe I shouldn't appropriate a religious doctrine to describe a social ill)   

Knowing you (meaning everyone,  the general you) have some racist bias is the starting point of mitigating the adverse effects of it.   Beware of the person who smugly informs you they are "colorblind."

Boy, are YOU full of shit. You think you can divine how a person actually IS from the crap thrown up on this board? Get a fucking clue.

Boy are you deluded.

You think you can throw crap on the message board and it doesn't say things about you?!

If so, then what is all the very personal invective you toss out? Mental masturbation?!

I would tell you to get a clue, but you wouldn't recognize one if if jumped in front of your face and identified itself.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12414 on: July 21, 2021, 12:59:12 PM »

"Maybe it's your presidential aspirations, I don't know, but you're turning to political purposes," Menendez told Cruz toward the end of their spat, his voice rising in apparent anger. "You held over every nominee. Every nominee! I've never seen that."

Cruz cut in loudly: "I did so for a policy that, Mr. Chairman, you used to support ... that the Biden administration has deliberately undercut and given a gift to Putin and Russia."

Somebody should teach you how to use the internet.

It's available for your viewing pleasure, Kid.

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #12415 on: July 21, 2021, 01:06:42 PM »

But Bezos only paid zero taxes in two of those dozen years, according to ProPublica's report. Further,

Oh, so Steve-o was just being an idiot (or grossly misinformed)

Got it

You just need someone else to be idiot for a while, don't you?  Unfortunately, that dunce cap fits you so perfectly. 
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #12416 on: July 21, 2021, 01:11:34 PM »

Somebody should teach you how to use the internet.

It's available for your viewing pleasure, Kid.

Should Kid really be entitled to see the workings of the government he so fervently supports overthrowing?

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #12417 on: July 21, 2021, 01:17:00 PM »

http://www.vice.com/en/article/5dbjb8/extremely-creepy-russian-mafia-prison-discovered-then-immediately-destroyed

This looks like the plan Putin is giving the republicans for rural America, the plan republicans are rushing to carry out.

Holly Martins

« Reply #12418 on: July 21, 2021, 01:18:18 PM »

I can tell a bit about how you are from THAT post, fer sure.  And I think there's a pugilistic aspect to you that really enjoyed being able to push back against my comments.  A lot of the fights you start are really just for the sake of having a fight and you can try out your trash talks and body slams and punches and so on, in hopes of some sort of catharsis.  See ya round, Forrest.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12419 on: July 21, 2021, 01:48:37 PM »

I can tell a bit about how you are from THAT post, fer sure.  And I think there's a pugilistic aspect to you that really enjoyed being able to push back against my comments.  A lot of the fights you start are really just for the sake of having a fight and you can try out your trash talks and body slams and punches and so on, in hopes of some sort of catharsis.  See ya round, Forrest.
I think if you are a racist dick on this board, you are a racist dick in real life. You just may adjust your behavior to avoid getting punched in the nose. Or, from seeing the effect of your comments on actual people, which should make you feel bad/ashamed. Unless you are a sociopath [cough] Forrest [/cough].
A parrot bit me.
Pages: 1 ... 826 827 [828] 829 830 ... 2924