Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 829 830 [831] 832 833 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 752060 times)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #12450 on: July 21, 2021, 08:32:24 PM »

Congratulations to Jeff Bezos!
Another bright chapter is the annals of American entrepreneurship, capitalism, and a fee country built on the rule of law.

Yeah, great. Now, if we just get him to pay taxes.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #12451 on: July 21, 2021, 08:35:37 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/20/us/california-free-school-meals/index.html

All California public school students will get free meals.

This is a big and important move.

Yes, Comrade. The Marxist Way is one I am sure you welcome.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #12452 on: July 21, 2021, 08:40:40 PM »

[]I  called you a racist because you are one and engaged in a continuing course of racist behavior. You lose again.

Boz,  you are one of my favorites here,  with sharply observed takes on issues,  nuanced arguments,  great quips and jests,  but seriously man,  this incandescent troll-turd is going to eat a hole in your brain if you keep engaging with him.  (this goes for several of you contentious motherfuckers out there...)

His problem is obvious and he is like so many people in that he never sees himself as others see him.   And so much racism is unconscious,  incredible as that may seem when you witness what looks to be just corrosive racial bias and baiting.   The hallmark of many a racist is that they see racism everywhere but in themselves.  Because they've never had those moments of self-reflection where their own biases surface,  never had that painful awakening to what is almost the "original sin" of America.   (maybe I shouldn't appropriate a religious doctrine to describe a social ill)   

Knowing you (meaning everyone,  the general you) have some racist bias is the starting point of mitigating the adverse effects of it.   Beware of the person who smugly informs you they are "colorblind."

Boy, are YOU full of shit. You think you can divine how a person actually IS from the crap thrown up on this board? Get a fucking clue.

Boy are you deluded.

You think you can throw crap on the message board and it doesn't say things about you?!

If so, then what is all the very personal invective you toss out? Mental masturbation?!

I would tell you to get a clue, but you wouldn't recognize one if if jumped in front of your face and identified itself.

I've seen your face, Josh. Clues, as well as small children, run away from it. As they should.

You, like banks before you, and countless others, have yet to figure it out. Doubt you ever will.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #12453 on: July 21, 2021, 08:43:07 PM »

Fuck McCarthy.

He wanted no part of a  1/6 investigation to uncover the damning facts behind the insurrection..

Subpoena him and his phone records.

And put him under oath.

Fucking complicit traitor.

Then why are they willing to do their own investigation?

You are very slanty.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #12454 on: July 21, 2021, 08:48:58 PM »

[]I  called you a racist because you are one and engaged in a continuing course of racist behavior. You lose again.

Boz,  you are one of my favorites here,  with sharply observed takes on issues,  nuanced arguments,  great quips and jests,  but seriously man,  this incandescent troll-turd is going to eat a hole in your brain if you keep engaging with him.  (this goes for several of you contentious motherfuckers out there...)

His problem is obvious and he is like so many people in that he never sees himself as others see him.   And so much racism is unconscious,  incredible as that may seem when you witness what looks to be just corrosive racial bias and baiting.   The hallmark of many a racist is that they see racism everywhere but in themselves.  Because they've never had those moments of self-reflection where their own biases surface,  never had that painful awakening to what is almost the "original sin" of America.   (maybe I shouldn't appropriate a religious doctrine to describe a social ill)   

Knowing you (meaning everyone,  the general you) have some racist bias is the starting point of mitigating the adverse effects of it.   Beware of the person who smugly informs you they are "colorblind."

Boy, are YOU full of shit. You think you can divine how a person actually IS from the crap thrown up on this board? Get a fucking clue.

I can tell a bit about how you are from THAT post, fer sure.  And I think there's a pugilistic aspect to you that really enjoyed being able to push back against my comments.  A lot of the fights you start are really just for the sake of having a fight and you can try out your trash talks and body slams and punches and so on, in hopes of some sort of catharsis.  See ya round, Forrest.

You're not that interesting, and you're wrong, too. I don't start fights. I post opinions that the intolerant leftists and the lunatic rightists can't handle, since they're laced with truth.

And, unlike you and the cabal of losers here, I don't rely on others to do battle for me, nor do I give a rat's ass what you or the remainder of the lower order primates think about me, because you have no idea with whom you are really dealing.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #12455 on: July 21, 2021, 08:53:54 PM »

I can tell a bit about how you are from THAT post, fer sure.  And I think there's a pugilistic aspect to you that really enjoyed being able to push back against my comments.  A lot of the fights you start are really just for the sake of having a fight and you can try out your trash talks and body slams and punches and so on, in hopes of some sort of catharsis.  See ya round, Forrest.
I think if you are a racist dick on this board, you are a racist dick in real life. You just may adjust your behavior to avoid getting punched in the nose. Or, from seeing the effect of your comments on actual people, which should make you feel bad/ashamed. Unless you are a sociopath [cough] Forrest [/cough].

Anyone like you who spends numerous decades rooting and rabidly supporting MSU and the rest of the BIG, and its vast network of sex predators and abusers, shouldn't be attempting to sit in moral judgement of any other person.

Behave as expected, though.

Deviant.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #12456 on: July 21, 2021, 08:55:45 PM »

Lots of folks can justify a sort of partial racism to themselves,  like "I'm not racist about the important stuff, yay equality, yay easy voting access, but I am seeing all these people looking for handouts or conducting muggings in the park and I know my totally random sample shows most of them are [favorite blamed group]...."  They clamp onto this Racism Lite and pretend they're just shrewd observations about socioeconomic status.

Or they're just realists and can see what's in front of them. I'll be happy to drop you off on Lyons Avenue in Newark tonight, though, and you can discuss your special inclusive nature with the locals.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #12457 on: July 21, 2021, 08:58:42 PM »

I think if you are a racist dick on this board, you are a racist dick in real life. You just may adjust your behavior to avoid getting punched in the nose. Or, from seeing the effect of your comments on actual people, which should make you feel bad/ashamed. Unless you are a sociopath [cough] Forrest [/cough].

Difference between race RELATED commentary and RACISM

And on this board it would be tough not to participate in discussion on race, 

Comments taking a stance vs a person or group representing or stating views in favor of certain race-related benefit or AGAINST members of another race - comments used as a DEFLECTION by a poster - cannot and should never paint this responder as a racist

It's silly, it's unfair, it's lazy and it's TIRED.

On this board, if you don't kowtow to the CoWs, you are labeled a racist.

It's the Orwellian way of the wokies.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #12458 on: July 21, 2021, 09:02:53 PM »

Comments taking a stance vs a person or group representing or stating views in favor of certain race-related benefit or AGAINST members of another race - comments used as a DEFLECTION by a poster - cannot and should never paint this responder as a racist

Are you tired of being called out for racism? Stop making racist posts and promoting other people’s racist posts and linking to racist articles from racist propaganda outlets.

Also, loudly and publicly repudiating the republican party would go a long way to rehabilitating your image.

If you did that, next time someone called you a racist I might be inclined to disagree.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/racism

At this time, the shoe, the brown shirt, the white hood, and the proud boy neck tattoo all fit.

Says the person who regularly includes racist invective here with terms like "whitey" and "cracker" and "alibastard"---

Hypocrite extraordinaire.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #12459 on: July 21, 2021, 09:04:14 PM »

Congratulations to Jeff Bezos!
Another bright chapter is the annals of American entrepreneurship, capitalism, and a fee country built on the rule of law.
That, and paying 0 federal income taxes for 12 years.

Public company, no?

Do you have Amazon in your funds?

Irrelevant, Kid - the comment was about his tax paying, not Amazon's.

But Bezos only paid zero taxes in two of those dozen years, according to ProPublica's report. Further,

For the years he did pay federal income taxes between 2006 and 2018, Bezos paid a total of about $1.4 billion on a reported income of $6.5 billion, or a rate of about 21.5%. That reported income does not include the vast increase to his net worth during the same period — about $127 billion, according to Forbes — due to his stake in Amazon.

Not enough, perhaps, but a lot more than nothing.
You are right. I misread the article. Sorry.

I hope it's the worst mistake you make for the rest of your life!

And I wish others could be half so gracious in admitting their mistakes.

Oh, the fucking irony of that thumbs up!

LMFAO!!!

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #12460 on: July 21, 2021, 09:05:05 PM »

Nothing a racist hates more than being called a racist.

Speaking from experience, racist?

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #12461 on: July 21, 2021, 09:13:52 PM »

Chicago's local government approved the creation of a civilian police oversight board with power to make proposed changes to the city's law enforcement budget.

The seven-member group, approved by both the city council and Mayor Lori Lightfoot on Wednesday, will have the power to issue two-thirds votes of no confidence against police superintendents or board members. The oversight body, which is being called the "first of its kind," will also recommend changes to the Chicago Police Department's budget.

"With the passage of this historic legislation, we have truly marked a significant milestone in our mission of bringing further transparency to our police department and its accountability agencies," Lightfoot said. "Before I even became mayor, I promised on the campaign trail to pave a pathway for civilian oversight of the police, and today, I am proud to be able to deliver on that promise."

"I am grateful to all of the aldermen, community members, and other stakeholders who helped to get this groundbreaking proposal across the finish line and am beyond thrilled to give our residents further opportunities to hold those who are sworn to protect and serve them accountable," she added.

https://news.yahoo.com/chicago-oks-civilian-police-oversight-224400051.html

Are white reporters allowed to ask the mayor questions about this?

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #12462 on: July 21, 2021, 09:24:03 PM »

Dr. Brytney Cobia said Monday that all but one of her COVID patients in Alabama did not receive the vaccine. The vaccinated patient, she said, just needed a little oxygen and is expected to fully recover. Some of the others are dying.

“I’m admitting young healthy people to the hospital with very serious COVID infections,” wrote Cobia, a hospitalist at Grandview Medical Center in Birmingham, in an emotional Facebook post Sunday. “One of the last things they do before they’re intubated is beg me for the vaccine. I hold their hand and tell them that I’m sorry, but it’s too late.”

...In the United States, COVID is now a pandemic of the unvaccinated, according to the head of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. In Alabama, state officials report 94% of COVID hospital patients and 96% of Alabamians who have died of COVID since April were not fully vaccinated.

“A few days later when I call time of death,” continued Cobia on Facebook, “I hug their family members and I tell them the best way to honor their loved one is to go get vaccinated and encourage everyone they know to do the same.”

“They cry. And they tell me they didn’t know. They thought it was a hoax. They thought it was political. They thought because they had a certain blood type or a certain skin color they wouldn’t get as sick. They thought it was ‘just the flu’. But they were wrong. And they wish they could go back. But they can’t. So they thank me and they go get the vaccine. And I go back to my office, write their death note, and say a small prayer that this loss will save more lives.”

https://www.al.com/news/2021/07/im-sorry-but-its-too-late-alabama-doctor-on-treating-unvaccinated-dying-covid-patients.html

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #12463 on: July 21, 2021, 09:26:21 PM »

Eric Clapton said Wednesday he will not perform at venues that require their guests to have a COVID-19 vaccine.

The legendary singer and guitarist’s statement comes two days after United Kingdom Prime Minister Boris Johnson said vaccine passports will be mandatory at crowded venues beginning in September, The Guardian reported.

“Following the PM’s announcement on Monday the 19th of July, 2021, I feel honor bound to make an announcement of my own: I wish to say that I will not perform on any stage where there is a discriminated audience present,” Clapton said in a statement. “Unless there is provision made for all people to attend, I reserve the right to cancel the show.”

With logic like Eric's there surely are "Tears in Heaven".

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #12464 on: July 21, 2021, 09:31:51 PM »

In 2019, in America, the number of participants (aged six years and older) in hunting amounted to approximately 15.09 million.

That's lots of guns, ..gun sales, ammo sales, special clothing sales, knife sales, truck sales..."Wild hogs are ripping up Texas and tourists are shooting them from helicopters" - Youtube.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2021, 09:39:12 PM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.
Pages: 1 ... 829 830 [831] 832 833 ... 2924