Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 830 831 [832] 833 834 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 752233 times)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #12465 on: July 21, 2021, 09:45:36 PM »

https://www.thedailybeast.com/gop-lawmakers-want-to-cancel-ice-cream-after-ben-and-jerrys-fiasco

Standing up to Unilever's Ben & Jerry's idiocy.

State Department spokesman Ned Price on Tuesday said that the Biden administration does not support the BDS movement which seeks to build economic and political pressure on Israel internationally in solidarity with Palestinians.

“We firmly reject the BDS movement, which unfairly singles out Israel,” Price told reporters on Tuesday. “While the Biden-Harris administration will fully and always respect the First Amendment rights of our citizens, of the American people, the United States will be a strong partner in fighting efforts around the world that potentially seek to delegitimize Israel and will work tirelessly to support Israel’s further integration into the international community.”
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #12466 on: July 21, 2021, 09:46:48 PM »

This weather is starting to act like the opening of a movie with Morgan Freeman as the President.

Today was like the bad old days of smog.

Thousand year floods in Europe and China and wildfires across the Pacific Northwest and western Canada.

But sure. Global warming is a hoax.

The 1000 years are up, so the floods happen again...it's nothing new.
The 100 years floods just happened in my world....nothing new.

Wildfires across the Pacific Northwest and western Canada are nothing new.
The secret is to put the fires out as soon as they start...but in many places that doesn't happen, but it should.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12467 on: July 21, 2021, 09:51:06 PM »

Fac,  I think it's Republicanibus praecipitati.

Your phrase "delenda sunt" means more like "are destroyed [as part of some routine,  like for making pet food - some regular process]..."  I'm guessing you were going for Republican Party meets its destruction.  Or comes to a final end.  Maybe not.   Maybe they will be a regular source of protein for Skippy and Fluffy.   

Anyway,  you need the plural "-ibus" if you stick with "sunt. " 

I coukd have been that "Romane ite domum" soldier in Life of Brian.

I was doing a take off on the abbreviation of “ Ceterum autem censeo Carthaginem esse delendam ("Furthermore, I consider that Carthage must be destroyed"), Cartego delenda est. Carthage is singular while unfortunately still a plural number of people (idiot bastards) who identify as republicans. That’s why the form of sum is sunt in my sig.

If there’s another quibble could very legitimately make that republicanae would be a more appropriate plural to use for dishonest sadistic shit bags who love fascism, blasphemy, sadism and laziness while hating cops, the troops, the family and the flag.

Republicanae delenda sunt!
« Last Edit: July 21, 2021, 09:52:48 PM by facilitatorn »
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #12468 on: July 21, 2021, 09:56:31 PM »

Nothing a racist hates more than being called a racist.

But what exactly is a racist today?
Someone who doesn't like "African gangs" marauding thru their society committing store robberies and violent home invasions?

Your need to add African in your post made you racist in that moment. That you go out of your way to make at least two or three of those moments almost every day you post makes you an all the time all the way racist.

At least you have been disarmed unlike too many of our racists over here.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12469 on: July 21, 2021, 09:58:47 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/20/us/california-free-school-meals/index.html

All California public school students will get free meals.

This is a big and important move.

Yes, Comrade. The Marxist Way is one I am sure you welcome.

Hahaha, you are such a doofus!

"First, comrade, we get them all eating school lunches! Next, we will have them riding publicly funded school buses!"
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #12470 on: July 21, 2021, 10:00:23 PM »

Eric Clapton said Wednesday he will not perform at venues that require their guests to have a COVID-19 vaccine.

The legendary singer and guitarist’s statement comes two days after United Kingdom Prime Minister Boris Johnson said vaccine passports will be mandatory at crowded venues beginning in September, The Guardian reported.

“Following the PM’s announcement on Monday the 19th of July, 2021, I feel honor bound to make an announcement of my own: I wish to say that I will not perform on any stage where there is a discriminated audience present,” Clapton said in a statement. “Unless there is provision made for all people to attend, I reserve the right to cancel the show.”

Cancel the show...free country.
Boris is 100% correct...with 40,000 new cases of Covid every day in Britain.
Vaccine passports will be king hopefully..."no jabs-no fly" as one example.
Un-vaccinated people can still play Eric's records...and travellers can still drive themselves.

The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12471 on: July 21, 2021, 10:00:43 PM »

I think if you are a racist dick on this board, you are a racist dick in real life. You just may adjust your behavior to avoid getting punched in the nose. Or, from seeing the effect of your comments on actual people, which should make you feel bad/ashamed. Unless you are a sociopath [cough] Forrest [/cough].

Difference between race RELATED commentary and RACISM

And on this board it would be tough not to participate in discussion on race, 

Comments taking a stance vs a person or group representing or stating views in favor of certain race-related benefit or AGAINST members of another race - comments used as a DEFLECTION by a poster - cannot and should never paint this responder as a racist

It's silly, it's unfair, it's lazy and it's TIRED.

On this board, if you don't kowtow to the CoWs, you are labeled a racist.

It's the Orwellian way of the wokies.

Only for the racists, Piggy. Your inability to grasp that white privilege exists is just one example of your issues.

You can agree or disagree with me about all kinds of stuff, but you insist on denying things that are simply real.

Kind of like the Trumpies on the election.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12472 on: July 21, 2021, 10:03:05 PM »

Eric Clapton said Wednesday he will not perform at venues that require their guests to have a COVID-19 vaccine.

The legendary singer and guitarist’s statement comes two days after United Kingdom Prime Minister Boris Johnson said vaccine passports will be mandatory at crowded venues beginning in September, The Guardian reported.

“Following the PM’s announcement on Monday the 19th of July, 2021, I feel honor bound to make an announcement of my own: I wish to say that I will not perform on any stage where there is a discriminated audience present,” Clapton said in a statement. “Unless there is provision made for all people to attend, I reserve the right to cancel the show.”

Cancel the show...free country.
Boris is 100% correct...with 40,000 new cases of Covid every day in Britain.
Vaccine passports will be king hopefully..."no jabs-no fly" as one example.
Un-vaccinated people can still play Eric's records...and travellers can still drive themselves.

Dear Eric...

Your shows all require people to pay for tickets.

It's already a crowd based on discrimination.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #12473 on: July 21, 2021, 10:05:45 PM »

Fuck McCarthy.

He wanted no part of a  1/6 investigation to uncover the damning facts behind the insurrection..

Subpoena him and his phone records.

And put him under oath.

Fucking complicit traitor.

Then why are they willing to do their own investigation?

You are very slanty.

You are so twisted your poxy dickhead protrudes from your nostril.

Republicans investigating their insurrection is just an inbred’s poor copy of the Catholic Church investigating sex abuse by priests.

We all saw your people do the crime. The politicians and pundits had it going months in advance and are carrying it on still today. The question is how much career, wealth, liberty, and privilege need to be taken from you people until you stand down permanently instead of standing back and standing by. A few dozen hair sprayed heads rolling as a result would also be healthy and welcomed by society.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12474 on: July 21, 2021, 10:13:21 PM »

The recreational fishing industry is growing too, with over 17% of all Americans taking to rivers last year to try to catch fish

And 36% of them are women.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #12475 on: July 21, 2021, 10:13:29 PM »

Nothing a racist hates more than being called a racist.

But what exactly is a racist today?
Someone who doesn't like "African gangs" marauding thru their society committing store robberies and violent home invasions?

Your need to add African in your post made you racist in that moment. That you go out of your way to make at least two or three of those moments almost every day you post makes you an all the time all the way racist.

At least you have been disarmed unlike too many of our racists over here.

Yes, you're supposed to just call them 'gangs' here now. The PC brigade are back in charge.
'White male' is still popular among them though.

I was 'colourblind' until about the year 2000...when I was awakened from by slumber, and became "race/colour/nation/religion" aware.

2000 "The Sydney Gang rapes"
2001 9/11
2002 The Bali Bombings
2004 Schapelle Corby arrested in Bali, Indonesia.
2005 London terror attacks
2005 More Bali bombings
2006 The Cronulla Riots.
...and so on...
Terror attacks across Europe etc.
Terror attacks in London, London bridge etc.
etc.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2021, 11:07:46 PM by bambu. »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #12476 on: July 21, 2021, 10:14:18 PM »

https://www.thedailybeast.com/gop-lawmakers-want-to-cancel-ice-cream-after-ben-and-jerrys-fiasco

State Department spokesman Ned Price on Tuesday said that the Biden administration does not support the BDS movement which seeks to build economic and political pressure on Israel internationally in solidarity with Palestinians.

“We firmly reject the BDS movement, which unfairly singles out Israel,” Price told reporters on Tuesday. “While the Biden-Harris administration will fully and always respect the First Amendment rights of our citizens, of the American people, the United States will be a strong partner in fighting efforts around the world that potentially seek to delegitimize Israel and will work tirelessly to support Israel’s further integration into the international community.”

I do miss Hass avocados, but until Israel decides to act like a civilized country, I’ll buy no more. Fortunately the local alternatives are quite decent and in addition to being available at most markets actually grow on trees around here if you know where to look.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #12477 on: July 21, 2021, 10:19:09 PM »

The recreational fishing industry is growing too, with over 17% of all Americans taking to rivers last year to try to catch fish

And 36% of them are women.

The women can read both wedding and fishing/hunting magazines.
Some women in the movies are hunting for a man to marry.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #12478 on: July 21, 2021, 10:24:42 PM »

Fuck McCarthy.

He wanted no part of a  1/6 investigation to uncover the damning facts behind the insurrection..

Subpoena him and his phone records.

And put him under oath.

Fucking complicit traitor.

Then why are they willing to do their own investigation?

You are very slanty.

No I'm non-partisan when it comes to finding out facts.

McCarthy's and the Repubs agreed to a non-partisan commission to investigate 1/6, and then reneged.

They had no interest in a real investigation.

Trump's stooges buckled under Trump pressure for fear of what and who they would find.

I image the sham the Repubs propose is anchored by the same political bias of the Benghazi circus, as political theatre to hurt Hillary politically. the target now is Pelosi, Dems and ultimately democracy.

Repubs want to play another game of 3-card Donnie to distract voters from the real conspiracy to disrupt our democracy and cast doubt on election results and further Trump's delusional election madness.

Hope that answers your question.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #12479 on: July 21, 2021, 10:29:37 PM »

I do miss Hass avocados, but until Israel decides to act like a civilized country, I’ll buy no more. Fortunately the local alternatives are quite decent and in addition to being available at most markets actually grow on trees around here if you know where to look.

You haven't been paying attention.
Israel is "The Jews last stand". There's nowhere else for them to go, so they're gonna fight any and every way they can to survive.
The 6 day war showed what the sentiment towards them was/is? in the Arab world.

Pages: 1 ... 830 831 [832] 833 834 ... 2924