Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 832 833 [834] 835 836 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 752171 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #12495 on: July 22, 2021, 06:00:21 AM »

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2021/07/21/sports/day-before-cauldron-is-lit-olympic-opening-ceremony-director-fired-holocaust-joke/#comment-123008978

TOKYO — The Tokyo Olympic organizing committee fired the director of the Opening Ceremony on Thursday because of a Holocaust joke he made during a comedy show in 1998.

Fucking ridiculous.

A comment from almost a quarter a century ago from a comedy act gets a guy fired?

We have no context, other than the word holocaust was mentioned, in an act?

So the fuck what?

Will writers, satirists, film makers, poets, or artists of any kind, let controversial political, moral or social themes, which might be offensive or challenge some in the next generation, dictate their art and thoughts?

Nuke the Tokyo Olympics!

Tis the woke brigade you see.
Are you a fan of them?
Today you can't do or say anything that might offend people.
The NBA guy got fired for saying "All Lives Matter".
US judge said it during sentencing a young Black man to life without parole for murdering a Salvation Army worker in a random act.

The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12496 on: July 22, 2021, 06:55:05 AM »

I think if you are a racist dick on this board, you are a racist dick in real life. You just may adjust your behavior to avoid getting punched in the nose. Or, from seeing the effect of your comments on actual people, which should make you feel bad/ashamed. Unless you are a sociopath [cough] Forrest [/cough].

Difference between race RELATED commentary and RACISM

And on this board it would be tough not to participate in discussion on race, 

Comments taking a stance vs a person or group representing or stating views in favor of certain race-related benefit or AGAINST members of another race - comments used as a DEFLECTION by a poster - cannot and should never paint this responder as a racist

It's silly, it's unfair, it's lazy and it's TIRED.

On this board, if you don't kowtow to the CoWs, you are labeled a racist.

It's the Orwellian way of the wokies.

Only for the racists, Piggy. Your inability to grasp that white privilege exists is just one example of your issues.

You can agree or disagree with me about all kinds of stuff, but you insist on denying things that are simply real.

Kind of like the Trumpies on the election.

Thanks for proving my point.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #12497 on: July 22, 2021, 06:58:44 AM »

I think if you are a racist dick on this board, you are a racist dick in real life. You just may adjust your behavior to avoid getting punched in the nose. Or, from seeing the effect of your comments on actual people, which should make you feel bad/ashamed. Unless you are a sociopath [cough] Forrest [/cough].

Difference between race RELATED commentary and RACISM

And on this board it would be tough not to participate in discussion on race, 

Comments taking a stance vs a person or group representing or stating views in favor of certain race-related benefit or AGAINST members of another race - comments used as a DEFLECTION by a poster - cannot and should never paint this responder as a racist

It's silly, it's unfair, it's lazy and it's TIRED.

Nothing a racist hates more than being called a racist.

Speaking from experience, racist?

I’m rubber you’re glue... really UNO?

You can call me racist all day long and I won’t care because it’s coming from you.

FUN.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #12498 on: July 22, 2021, 07:02:36 AM »

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2021/07/21/sports/day-before-cauldron-is-lit-olympic-opening-ceremony-director-fired-holocaust-joke/#comment-123008978

TOKYO — The Tokyo Olympic organizing committee fired the director of the Opening Ceremony on Thursday because of a Holocaust joke he made during a comedy show in 1998.

Fucking ridiculous.

A comment from almost a quarter a century ago from a comedy act gets a guy fired?

We have no context, other than the word holocaust was mentioned, in an act?

So the fuck what?

Will writers, satirists, film makers, poets, or artists of any kind, let controversial political, moral or social themes, which might be offensive or challenge some in the next generation, dictate their art and thoughts?

Nuke the Tokyo Olympics!

Maybe he should've mentioned Pearl Harbor, instead. Or the Rape of Nanking. Think any modern Japanese learned about that in school?

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #12499 on: July 22, 2021, 07:05:29 AM »

https://www.thedailybeast.com/gop-lawmakers-want-to-cancel-ice-cream-after-ben-and-jerrys-fiasco

Standing up to Unilever's Ben & Jerry's idiocy.

State Department spokesman Ned Price on Tuesday said that the Biden administration does not support the BDS movement which seeks to build economic and political pressure on Israel internationally in solidarity with Palestinians.

“We firmly reject the BDS movement, which unfairly singles out Israel,” Price told reporters on Tuesday. “While the Biden-Harris administration will fully and always respect the First Amendment rights of our citizens, of the American people, the United States will be a strong partner in fighting efforts around the world that potentially seek to delegitimize Israel and will work tirelessly to support Israel’s further integration into the international community.”

I do miss Hass avocados, but until Israel decides to act like a civilized country, I’ll buy no more. Fortunately the local alternatives are quite decent and in addition to being available at most markets actually grow on trees around here if you know where to look.

You haven't been paying attention.
Israel is "The Jews last stand". There's nowhere else for them to go, so they're gonna fight any and every way they can to survive.
The 6 day war showed what the sentiment towards them was/is? in the Arab world.

You are as well informed about “the Jews” as you are about American women. You can blame your flagrant ignorance on these and many other topics on the stupid garbage propaganda you take for news.

Yes, because you're so "informed" by "stupid garbage propaganda" that you're eating inferior avocados.

Holly Martins

« Reply #12500 on: July 22, 2021, 09:10:43 AM »

Fucking ridiculous.

So Mel Brooks won't be considered for the position, one can assume. 

Holly Martins

« Reply #12501 on: July 22, 2021, 09:14:10 AM »

Hass avocados are grown in Mexico. 

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #12502 on: July 22, 2021, 09:16:05 AM »

Fucking ridiculous.

So Mel Brooks won't be considered for the position, one can assume.

He got grandfathered (zaydied) in.

Tarantino has a problem though.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #12503 on: July 22, 2021, 09:55:42 AM »

McCarthy's and the Repubs agreed to a non-partisan commission to investigate 1/6, and then reneged.

How so?

Why does Pelosi see fit to first name no non-Cheney Republicans, then decline 2 of them McCarthy puts up?

Kid, I've no reason to lie to you re the R-D negotiations and agreement for shared and equal responsibility for the 1/6 Commission, but as obviously haven't kept up with the news, I'd suggest you google the subject matter., to confirm my take.

Republican Congressman John Katko was heavily involved in formulating the deal, which made two significant concessions to Republicans: the panel would be evenly divided between members appointed by Democrats and Republicans, and the GOP-appointed commissioners would have veto power over any subpoena.

So this is incorrect then?  Pelosi has to do all the appointments?
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #12504 on: July 22, 2021, 10:07:29 AM »

Bidenomics:Weekly jobless claims unexpected moved higher last week despite hopes that the U.S. labor market is poised for a strong recovery heading into the fall.

Initial filings for unemployment insurance totaled 419,000 for the week ended July 17, well above the 350,000 Dow Jones estimate and more than the upwardly revised 368,000 from the previous period, the Labor Department reported Thursday.

Meanwhile...About 2.2 million more stimulus checks have gone out over the last six weeks, the government said Wednesday.

The latest batch brings the total number of payments disbursed to more than 171 million, with an aggregate value of $400 billion, according to the announcement from the IRS, Treasury Department and Bureau of the Fiscal Service. These payments started going out in March when the American Rescue Plan Act was signed into law by President Joe Biden.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/22/us-weekly-jobless-claims.html

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/21/another-2point2-million-additional-stimulus-checks-have-gone-out.html

There going to have to get Bezos and friends to pay taxes.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2021, 10:09:15 AM by Hamilton Samuels »

Holly Martins

« Reply #12505 on: July 22, 2021, 10:14:18 AM »

Bezos prefers to invest in tech solutions to shoving camels through needle eyes.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #12506 on: July 22, 2021, 10:15:20 AM »

ORLANDO, Fla. – Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis is facing mounting pressure on the home front as he looks to cement his superstar status among Republicans nationally.

Over the past week, COVID-19 infections have surged in Florida to the point that the state now accounts for about 1 in 5 new cases. The vaccination rate, meanwhile, has begun to level off. At the same time, Florida’s Gulf Coast is suffering from a particularly harsh bout of red tide, prompting local officials to call on the governor to declare a state of emergency.

The troubles in Florida are putting pressure on DeSantis as he seeks to carve out a more robust national profile for himself in anticipation of what his supporters and critics alike see as a potential 2024 presidential run.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/564195-pressure-mounts-for-desantis-in-florida

Maybe he should go sit on the beach with Chris Christie, instead.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #12507 on: July 22, 2021, 10:19:34 AM »

McCarthy's and the Repubs agreed to a non-partisan commission to investigate 1/6, and then reneged.

How so?

Why does Pelosi see fit to first name no non-Cheney Republicans, then decline 2 of them McCarthy puts up?

Kid, I've no reason to lie to you re the R-D negotiations and agreement for shared and equal responsibility for the 1/6 Commission, but as obviously haven't kept up with the news, I'd suggest you google the subject matter., to confirm my take.

Republican Congressman John Katko was heavily involved in formulating the deal, which made two significant concessions to Republicans: the panel would be evenly divided between members appointed by Democrats and Republicans, and the GOP-appointed commissioners would have veto power over any subpoena.

Concessions were negotiated to put R and D on equal footing re the 1/6 Commission. R's reneged on what they wanted and agreed to. They don't get to pick and choose what rules they wish to follow.

Should an investigation not go on just because the Rs want to tank it? 

Nope.

Nor should Pelosi allow McCarthy to drop a deuce into punchbowl and she should remove the turds pre-punch.

If you like your punch Jim Jordan shit-flavored, so be it.

Chacun a son gout.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2021, 10:21:27 AM by bankshot1 »

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12508 on: July 22, 2021, 10:28:45 AM »

How so?

If Repos wanted the Committee Katko negotiated for they should have voted for it. They didn't. Pelosi only formed the select committee when the bipartisan negotiated committee was torpedoed by the Repos who have zero interest now in getting to the truth of 1/6. Try to keep up. It is not that hard.
A parrot bit me.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 832 833 [834] 835 836 ... 2924