Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 838 839 [840] 841 842 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 751024 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #12586 on: July 22, 2021, 08:37:33 PM »

http://youtu.be/I0cOdOUKt20

Malcolm Nance helps you catch up on the story so far.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #12587 on: July 22, 2021, 08:51:35 PM »

Oh, wait. McCarthy appointed two Trumpist sycophants and when they were excluded pretended he was offended and pulled the rest of his appointments, even though they were acceptable.

Yep

Where did it say Pelosi had to accept those put up?  She just made that up, right?  Acted out.  Sad.  She could have had her bipartisan commission and everything that comes with it.

What did she expect?  A fucking Ben Sasse?
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #12588 on: July 22, 2021, 08:56:40 PM »

Liz is one of the Pelosi choices.

Seems she had a 7-5 advantage if she accepted McCarthy's 5 names.

Again - please correct me if I am wrong.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2021, 09:05:25 PM by kidcarter8 »

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #12589 on: July 22, 2021, 09:05:16 PM »

A new survey by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service shows that today, only about 5 percent of Americans, 16 years old and older, actually hunt. That's half of what it was 50 years ago and the decline is expected to accelerate over the next decade.
Whoops.

The result is that journalists like me use whatever data we can find to report on hunting-participation trends. We often turn to the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service’s annual census of National Hunting License Data. But it turns out that even those austere federal numbers aren’t particularly reliable.

“Even though the USFWS reports show ‘Calculation Year 2020 and Calculation Year 2019,’ they are in fact using sales data from 2018 and 2017,” says Jim Curcuruto, a consultant to the outdoor and conservation industry. “I bet less than 10 percent of people know those are 2-year-old data.”

License-sales numbers are further confused by the crazy quilt of license types that each state sells. For instance, Pennsylvania sells a lifetime license, but the hunter who buys it is counted as a participant only in the year of purchase, even though they’re probably going afield for many years afterward. And if a fishing license comes with a bonus hunting license, the sportsman or woman who bought it is often not counted in the national census.
https://www.outdoorlife.com/story/hunting/how-many-hunters-are-there-in-america/

https://www.pewtrusts.org/en/research-and-analysis/blogs/stateline/2020/12/14/the-pandemic-created-new-hunters-states-need-to-keep-them

Paradoxically if there is a decline in hunters it would create outcomes for wildlife WORSE than ending up on the dinner table
A panel on sustaining America's fish and wildlife resources recently warned: "Without a change in the way we finance fish and wildlife conservation, we can expect the list of federally threatened and endangered species to grow from nearly 1,600 species today to perhaps thousands more in the future.

State wildlife agencies and the country's wildlife conservation system are heavily dependent on sportsmen for funding. Money generated from license fees and excise taxes on guns, ammunition and angling equipment provide about 60 percent of the funding for state wildlife agencies, which manage most of the wildlife in the U.S.

This user-play, user-pay funding system for wildlife conservation has been lauded and emulated around the world. It has been incredibly successful at restoring the populations of North American game animals, some of which were once hunted nearly to extinction.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2021, 09:11:36 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12590 on: July 22, 2021, 09:20:02 PM »

"I can't breathe."

https://news.yahoo.com/dashcam-video-shows-attack-aurora-221646998.html

I'm sure Al Sharpton will be on his way to Aurora this afternoon.
Not at all racist, nope not you, Forrest!

I see you prefer your cops dead at the hand of criminals.

You prefer ordinary citizens dead st the hands of cops.

So, those trying to kill cops are "ordinary citizens" in your view. No surprise there.
So cops murdering people is ok in your view, as long as they are black. No surprise there from Forrest.

You need a new act, Kuntzler.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #12591 on: July 22, 2021, 09:25:28 PM »

Liz is one of the Pelosi choices.

Seems she had a 7-5 advantage if she accepted McCarthy's 5 names.

Again - please correct me if I am wrong.

So far, so good.

Liz is also the reason why creepy bastards like yourself and Kev McCarthy make asses of yourselves and convince no one with your sad bleating about what is clearly a bipartisan committee being partisan.

She’s Dead Eye Dick’s daughter, flag bearer for Wyoming, tax cuts, and endless war. She was #3 in the republican party when it was something recognizable as a political party instead of what it is now.

Shame Will Hurd isn’t around.

He’d be good along side her, adding another right wing POV to the proceedings.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2021, 09:27:55 PM by facilitatorn »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #12592 on: July 22, 2021, 09:32:50 PM »

The Prime Minister of Spain met today with Garcetti and they toured JPL...

https://www.pasadenanow.com/main/prime-minister-of-spain-tours-jpl/

Awesome. We need for Spain and California to work together as a team. California can teach Spain about satellites, and Spain can own and launch satellites for communications in Latin America, and for television in Latin America, etc. Spain can also have satellites to tell them where the Gold is and where the natural resources are. California can also improve the entertainment industry in Spain and in Latin America, and in the Philippines.

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #12593 on: July 22, 2021, 09:36:34 PM »

The heart and soul of the current incarnation of the republican party,

http://www.salon.com/2021/07/22/trump-loving-republicans-snatch-up-magacoins--and-quickly-fall-victim-to-data-breach_partner/

All the greed and megalomania with none of the good sense or competence and an endless river of the most transparent lies.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #12594 on: July 22, 2021, 10:31:40 PM »

California can also work together with Spain to advance clean energy and clean transportation in Latin America and in the Philippines.

Salute,

Tony V.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12595 on: July 22, 2021, 10:45:21 PM »

Oh, wait. McCarthy appointed two Trumpist sycophants and when they were excluded pretended he was offended and pulled the rest of his appointments, even though they were acceptable.

Yep

Where did it say Pelosi had to accept those put up?  She just made that up, right?  Acted out.  Sad.  She could have had her bipartisan commission and everything that comes with it.

What did she expect?  A fucking Ben Sasse?

It never said she had to accept them. So she didn't.

And McCarthy acted surprised.

And you're defending him.

You think the options are restricted to the likes of Sasse vs. the likes of Jordan.

False dichotomy, Kid.

Asshole move by McCarthy on both the appointment and withdrawing the other three.

Asshole move by you to pretend his behavior was anything but politics.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #12596 on: July 22, 2021, 11:17:11 PM »

Reminder:

Not a single Republican voted for Biden’s rescue plan or the Child Tax Credit.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #12597 on: July 23, 2021, 12:04:23 AM »

I guess the 7-5 wouldnt mean anything since its not like they will be voting on shit.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12598 on: July 23, 2021, 12:16:05 AM »

I guess the 7-5 wouldnt mean anything since its not like they will be voting on shit.

That you think of it as 7-5 because Liz was a Pelosi selection shows your own biases to an amazing degree.

Liz Cheney may have integrity, unlike Mr. Jordan or Minority leaders McCarthy or McConnell, but she is still a strongly conservative voice and vote.

It wouldn't mean anything because it sure looks as if the "five" were McCarthy's catspaws the entire time. See also: McConnell's stooges in the Senate.

There would have been votes. There may yet be votes, but it won't include the pro-Trump voices of insurrection and diminishment of the actual violence of 1/6/2021. It won't include members of the committee trying to subvert the process by subpoenaing irrelevant individuals and asking inane questions.

I still don't think McCarthy ever intended to allow Pelosi's committee to be filled to 12. It would have given the Dems everything they wanted - a bipartisan group examining the evidence with an honest outcome.

The outcome will still be honest, but the GOP will be weeping and wailing about the unfairness of it, despite having intentionally undermined two different efforts to have honest inquiry.

And you, Kid, will just blithely repeat their talking points from now 'til doomsday.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #12599 on: July 23, 2021, 12:33:52 AM »

kid what do you care how they vote?

While I understand this could be grand political theatre, and a stage for possible posturing, I want an honest panel who want to find the truth and who's responsible.
PERIOD.

if the insurrection is not subject to a serious investigation, or accountability of certain parties, the odds of it happening against increase.

And you may find, the cost of a lost democracy, due to inattention and complacency, is greater than you imagined.
Pages: 1 ... 838 839 [840] 841 842 ... 2924