Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 844 845 [846] 847 848 ... 2925

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 753118 times)

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #12675 on: July 24, 2021, 11:26:30 AM »

Tell me again how the GOP is not racist.

Go ahead.

Texas Senate passes bill that removes requirement to teach Ku Klux Klan as 'morally wrong'
I have absolutely no faith in your ability to understand the the origins of our country.

https://mtsu.edu/first-amendment/article/189/brandenburg-v-ohio

]https://mtsu.edu/first-amendment/article/734/capitol-square-review-and-advisory-board-v-pinette]

I have no faith in your ability to admit racism when your party conducts it, ever since you denied that NC had used racist reasoning in their redistricting in the courts' opinion.
There is no racism involved in the Texas Senate vote.
Yeah? Was that decision part of a broad effort by the Texas Senate to erase any education sta dard the prescribes or mandates subjects for teaching, or is it the ONLY ONE?

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/05/22/texas-critical-race-theory-legislature/
You must be clueless to the Texas Senate Version of the Bill.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #12676 on: July 24, 2021, 11:40:49 AM »

CNN’S Jim Acosta came face to face with rampant crime in Washington DC last night .
His dinner at a fashionable restaurant was interrupted by gunfire and he was SCARED, I tell you SCARED!
He feared for his life!

Today the DC police chief indicated being scared in DC is a decades old fact of life.

I’ve been in this city for 30 years. This is the same movie when I was a boy growing up here,” he said, referring to the days when D.C. was known as the “murder capital” of the U.S. “When are we going to do something different? … What does not happen here is accountability? People are not ready to have that conversation. ”

Police Chief Robert  Contee added, “When I start talking about accountability, people start talking mass incarceration. I’m not talking about mass incarceration. I’m talking about holding people accountable who make our communities unsafe.”

Why is it the democrats want to turn this shithole city into a state?

Discuss.
Only after you explain why having a high crime rate disqualifies an entity from being a state and deprives its people of the right to representation.
The only path to statehood for D. C. requires approval by Congress.
The history of the District as a haven for crime is not something that plays well, especially now, at election time. Surely you understand this.  Especially since the democrat support for DC citizenship is seen as a ploy to add a democrat seat in the House and 2 in the Senate. 

Holly Martins

« Reply #12677 on: July 24, 2021, 11:53:26 AM »

The twenty cities in the United States with the highest murder rates (murders per 100,000 people) are....(just showing your state's figures)

Cleveland, OH (33.7)

Cincinnati, OH (23.7)

And then for the District....

Washington D.C. (17.0)

So,  by your reasoning, why should Ohio remain a state given "it's history as a haven for crime".?   As Fac pointed out, perhaps it should become a protectorate managed by a less-crimey state.   As you said,  crime doesn't "play well... "

Cleveland has double the murder rate of DC.   Maybe it's for the best if we remove its citizens right to representation.   Which is really just a "political ploy" anyway.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2021, 12:00:45 PM by Barton3.0 »

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #12678 on: July 24, 2021, 12:13:59 PM »

The twenty cities in the United States with the highest murder rates (murders per 100,000 people) are....(just showing your state's figures)

Cleveland, OH (33.7)

Cincinnati, OH (23.7)

And then for the District....

Washington D.C. (17.0)

So,  by your reasoning, why should Ohio remain a state given "it's history as a haven for crime".?   As Fac pointed out, perhaps it should become a protectorate managed by a less-crimey state.   As you said,  crime doesn't "play well... "

Cleveland has double the murder rate of DC.   Maybe it's for the best if we remove its citizens right to representation.   Which is really just a "political ploy" anyway.
FTR Ohio is not my state.

Holly Martins

« Reply #12679 on: July 24, 2021, 12:31:26 PM »

1.  Who cares?

2.  So you can't answer the question?  (it was the sentence with a curly marking at the end)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #12680 on: July 24, 2021, 12:39:30 PM »

The notion that CRT teaches white people self-loathing... deserves the Strawman of the Year award.

CRT is this year’s Defund the Police and 2018’s Mexican caravans.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #12681 on: July 24, 2021, 12:41:07 PM »

So called ‘Moderate Democrats’ are almost as big a threat to the nation as the GOP.

Fuck Joe Manchin:

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2021/07/joe-manchin-is-ghosting-the-west-virginia-union-workers
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12682 on: July 24, 2021, 12:48:05 PM »

Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #12683 on: July 24, 2021, 12:52:51 PM »

1.  Who cares?

2.  So you can't answer the question?  (it was the sentence with a curly marking at the end)
Sorry.
There was no question.
But to you musing over crime rates or whatever foolishness you want to conjure up to expel a state from the Union please read SCOTUS in Texas v. White (1869).
« Last Edit: July 24, 2021, 01:00:08 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #12684 on: July 24, 2021, 12:54:53 PM »

1.  Who cares?

Sorry.
There was no question.

Shameless shill

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12685 on: July 24, 2021, 01:12:27 PM »

1.  Who cares?

Sorry.
There was no question.

Shameless shill

It's not just "shill" - it is liar, flat out, as has been demonstrated at least twice in the last 24 hours, with that claim "no question," just the most recent.

Honest, folks - I am not going to respond to his bullshit any more. If none of us respond to him, maybe he will go away - but even if he doesn't, the air goes out of his posturing.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12687 on: July 24, 2021, 03:45:09 PM »

http://www.salon.com/2021/07/24/strangers-on-a-train-the-dark-bargain-that-destroyed-the-republican-party/

And there it was: Gaslighting — the favored authoritarian manipulation of "don't believe what you see with your own eyes" — so named for the 1944 film "Gaslight" (directed by George Cukor with Hitchcockian flair), in which a criminal, played by Charles Boyer, purposively undermines the mental health of his wife (Ingrid Bergman, who won an Oscar for the role) by lying to her endlessly and saying that things she has seen with her own eyes are not true. You know, like Donald Trump has done to the public for years — indeed, for his entire adult life.

"There was no question."

"FTR, I never commented on anything pertaining to North Carolina."

He's told one other whopper today, but I am not going to share that one. If he wants, I will tell him by PM.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #12688 on: July 24, 2021, 04:02:38 PM »

http://www.salon.com/2021/07/24/strangers-on-a-train-the-dark-bargain-that-destroyed-the-republican-party/

And there it was: Gaslighting — the favored authoritarian manipulation of "don't believe what you see with your own eyes" — so named for the 1944 film "Gaslight" (directed by George Cukor with Hitchcockian flair), in which a criminal, played by Charles Boyer, purposively undermines the mental health of his wife (Ingrid Bergman, who won an Oscar for the role) by lying to her endlessly and saying that things she has seen with her own eyes are not true. You know, like Donald Trump has done to the public for years — indeed, for his entire adult life.

"There was no question."
And there wasn’t.
Proven by your own research.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12689 on: July 24, 2021, 04:56:54 PM »

"There was no question."
And there wasn’t.
Proven by your own research.

Thank you for illustrating my point.

Goodbye, liar.
Pages: 1 ... 844 845 [846] 847 848 ... 2925