Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 853 854 [855] 856 857 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 752132 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #12810 on: July 27, 2021, 08:43:51 AM »

A few days ago CNN’s Jim Acosta had his dinner at a posh DC restaurant interrupted by gunfire.

Shame the randomness of the violence doesn't ever seem to actually get a guy like Jim
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Holly Martins

« Reply #12811 on: July 27, 2021, 08:53:35 AM »

Journalists reporting stuff I don't like should die!

Holly Martins

« Reply #12812 on: July 27, 2021, 08:56:05 AM »

(OPINION)

In short, unless the perceived effectiveness of the vaccines is one of the greatest frauds of all time, we are currently in no danger of seeing numbers that once again threaten to cause a catastrophe in our health care system, which was the entire justification for the government usurping endless dictatorial powers due to this emergency

From the above NY Post editorial

Endless dictatorial powers!

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #12813 on: July 27, 2021, 09:10:48 AM »

A few days ago CNN’s Jim Acosta had his dinner at a posh DC restaurant interrupted by gunfire.

Shame the randomness of the violence doesn't ever seem to actually get a guy like Jim

Why are you wishing harm on someone?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #12814 on: July 27, 2021, 09:21:27 AM »

Corporate media and Big Tech colluded with the Democratic Party to gaslight the country into electing Joe Boden as a return to normalcy.  Six months in, the country is getting that normalcy, and they are getting it good and hard - but without any of the Barack Obama packaging of "hope" that sold it in the first place.

'''

No American, regardless of party, can honestly say this is an executiveteam projecting strength and confidence in a moment of challenge

Gaslighting only works for so long until reality reveals itself.  The reality here is that Joe Biden and Kamala Harris are utterly unequipped to lead the nation through this moment.
Americans understand that now.  They are right to fear what this agenda will do to the country we love.

https://nypost.com/2021/07/26/americans-have-already-tired-of-bidens-hyper-partisan-agenda-optimism-in-nations-future-plunges-after-6-months/

-  Ben Domenech

(attack the words, not the man)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #12815 on: July 27, 2021, 09:23:03 AM »

Morning Joe and spouse calling for Biden and the Secretary of Defense to MANDATE vaccination for all US troops.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #12816 on: July 27, 2021, 09:31:14 AM »

Morning Joe and spouse calling for Biden and the Secretary of Defense to MANDATE vaccination for all US troops.
Is this a bad idea?
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #12817 on: July 27, 2021, 09:47:03 AM »

Wherever you go...there you are.

xxxxxxxxxxx

US troops are leaving Iraq.
Good, too many died there for nothing.
Same as in Afghanistan.
Now the people in those countries will have to fight for their own freedom.

The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #12818 on: July 27, 2021, 09:55:25 AM »

Cheney put McCarthy on notice-I want to hear your phone calls to Trump.

She's carrying a lot of weight in these hearings.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #12819 on: July 27, 2021, 09:58:45 AM »

I repeat

How about the blacks and Latinos?  Maybe Larry can answer for them.

Why is this being glossed over?  Where is the leadership from this president?

Trump lost. Biden won. If Trump had won his supporters would be leading the charge to get vaccinated.

Most of the them don’t have barriers to healthcare ACCESS and never heard of Tuskegee or Henrietta Lacks.

Have a seat, boy.

How can you blame Trump for blacks not getting vaccinated?

Have an answer before you bark commands.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #12820 on: July 27, 2021, 09:59:52 AM »

Or is blacks not getting vaccinated simply not a problem, like with blacks using guns on crowded streets?

heh

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12821 on: July 27, 2021, 10:05:05 AM »

I repeat

How about the blacks and Latinos?  Maybe Larry can answer for them.

Why is this being glossed over?  Where is the leadership from this president?

Trump lost. Biden won. If Trump had won his supporters would be leading the charge to get vaccinated.

Most of the them don’t have barriers to healthcare ACCESS and never heard of Tuskegee or Henrietta Lacks.

Have a seat, boy.

How can you blame Trump for blacks not getting vaccinated?

Have an answer before you bark commands.

Pay attention, kid. The vax hesitancy in the black community has its roots in history.

As you will see, when Larry posts an article he wrote about it.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12822 on: July 27, 2021, 10:30:05 AM »

But, if you want to understand more about black community's vax hesitancy, kid: The medical establishment has a long history of mistreating Black Americans — from gruesome experiments on enslaved people to the forced sterilizations of Black women and the infamous Tuskegee syphilis study that withheld treatment from hundreds of Black men for decades to let doctors track the course of the disease. So it’s not surprising that just 42 percent of Black Americans said in November they’d be willing to take a COVID-19 vaccine. As Michael Che, one of the stars of Saturday Night Live, quipped last month, “I’ve got mixed feelings about the vaccine. On the one hand, I’m Black, so naturally I don’t trust it. But on the other hand, I’m on a white TV show, so I might actually get the real one.”

Mistrust of the health care system persists even among some Black medical professionals such as Oni Blackstock, M.D., a primary care physician, researcher, and former assistant commissioner of New York City Health Department’s Bureau of HIV. When Blackstock’s seven-year-old son needed to go the emergency department (ED) for a skin abscess, she hesitated. The last time Blackstock had taken him to the ED — for a broken wrist — a white orthopedist reset the bone without giving him a painkiller. “I have never seen so much fear in my child’s face,” Blackstock recalls, “and I felt completely responsible.” To avoid a similar experience, she phoned her twin sister, an ED physician, who called ahead to ensure that a trusted colleague would treat her nephew.

Studies have found Black Americans are consistently undertreated for pain relative to white patients; one revealed half of medical students and residents held one or more false beliefs about supposed biological differences between Black and white patients, like the former have higher pain tolerance than the latter. In addition to this kind of differential treatment, the health care system often gives short shrift to the physical and emotional tolls of exposure to police brutality; substandard housing and schools; polluted neighborhoods; or other parts of the daily experiences of some Black Americans. Our September 2018 issue of Transforming Care described how health systems are working to reduce health disparities by confronting racism head on. In this issue, we look at the problem of mistrust, which has risen to the fore during the pandemic amid concerns about its effects on Black Americans. As a group, they are much more likely than whites to get seriously ill and die from COVID-19 but less willing to take the coronavirus vaccine.

Further reading in that piece shows that there is an effort to overcome medical mistrust.

https://www.commonwealthfund.org/publications/newsletter-article/2021/jan/medical-mistrust-among-black-americans

And to learn more about medical mistrust: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocJCAfFQgCQ

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12823 on: July 27, 2021, 10:43:58 AM »

I'm as offended by your bullshit about deaths of people you don't like as I am by Fac's, granting I expect better of him.

Sounds like you're happy about what happened to Barbara Boxer.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12824 on: July 27, 2021, 10:47:47 AM »

Corporate media and Big Tech colluded with the Democratic Party to gaslight the country into electing Joe Boden as a return to normalcy.  Six months in, the country is getting that normalcy, and they are getting it good and hard - but without any of the Barack Obama packaging of "hope" that sold it in the first place.

'''

No American, regardless of party, can honestly say this is an executiveteam projecting strength and confidence in a moment of challenge

Gaslighting only works for so long until reality reveals itself.  The reality here is that Joe Biden and Kamala Harris are utterly unequipped to lead the nation through this moment.
Americans understand that now.  They are right to fear what this agenda will do to the country we love.

https://nypost.com/2021/07/26/americans-have-already-tired-of-bidens-hyper-partisan-agenda-optimism-in-nations-future-plunges-after-6-months/

-  Ben Domenech

(attack the words, not the man)

No problem.

(a) The words are stupid. There was no collusion and the word is only chosen for its mirror effect.

(b) We have far more normalcy than there was under Trump and anybody who claims otherwise is either blind or trying to sell you something (or maybe both).

(c) One of the main reasons things have slowed in the return to normalcy is YOUR FUCKING PARTY MEMBERS and their refusal to get vaccinated in the RED STATES. It's not either the only reason or the cause of the Delta Variant, but it is the primary reason for FLORIDA, MISSOURI, and TEXAS, as examples.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham
Pages: 1 ... 853 854 [855] 856 857 ... 2924