Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 858 859 [860] 861 862 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 751385 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #12885 on: July 27, 2021, 09:24:08 PM »

How does Biden/Harris snatch defeat from victory?
Keep telling us the Vaccine is great while telling those who taken it to wear a mask, anyway.
How does that inspire anyone to get the shots?
Biden’s poll numbers are held at 50+ because of his handling of the Virus.
Until now.

Yeah - numbers dwindling.

But about Trump.........

You guys make up shit.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12886 on: July 27, 2021, 09:29:19 PM »

Keep telling us the Vaccine is great while telling those who taken it to wear a mask, anyway.
Until now.
Next time you want to ask me what Repos hope to accomplish politically by letting their supporters die unvaccinated please refer to this post.

It is very reminiscent of the video Larry had posted of the Nazis making the other Nazis jump off a blimp to delay their eminent demise.

There is no honor among goose stepping racist bastards.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12887 on: July 27, 2021, 09:33:00 PM »

Until now.
Next time you want to ask me what Repos hope to accomplish politically by letting their supporters die unvaccinated please refer to this post.

It is very reminiscent of the video Larry had posted of the Nazis making the other Nazis jump off a blimp to delay their eminent demise.

Imminent, I presume.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12888 on: July 27, 2021, 09:45:14 PM »

Speaking of the spread of disease, Kid, are you watching the hearings on 1/6 at all?

I didnt know there was one today.  You should have posted it earlier

Here: you can read about it and watch today's testimony from four of the Capitol Police officers who were there.

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/jan-6-house-select-committee-hearing-07-27-21/h_bf3627bd2890be3a1900dc0da8b25e98

Thanks

But there is no real curiosity for me on the issue.

In which case, why should I have told you about it earlier?!

And of course there isn't.

No, there isn't.  Because I know what happened that day, how awful it was.

I feel for these men testifying and all others that went through the ordeal.  But they are speaking as if nobody believes. the acts were dangerous, life-threatening, illegal or ridiculously conceived.

You might want to talk to that asshole twice impeached, twice beaten in the popular vote crybaby Sore Loser ex-president you and the diseased corpse of a political party you adore worship and.let him know.
A parrot bit me.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12889 on: July 27, 2021, 09:47:14 PM »

Until now.

Imminent, I presume.
Both?
A parrot bit me.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #12890 on: July 27, 2021, 10:21:54 PM »

Why do republicans hate cops?

Why do republicans hate and disrespect the troops?

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #12891 on: July 28, 2021, 12:39:05 AM »

Cops?
Some cops are bad, and horrible.
They deserve hate.

Some cops are good, and nice.
They deserve love.

Speaking of love...some religions have arranged marriages, and match-makers.
Which seems strange to the religions that don't have them.
These match-makers, and arranged marriages could be ok, if the person matched with you were "delicious".
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12892 on: July 28, 2021, 12:48:39 AM »

calmatters.org/commentary/2021/07/california-educators-math-curriculum-woke-students

I agree with the objective and think the approach to achieving that objective is dreadfully broken. They're going to hurt one minority population in the name of helping another, but not really accomplishing that 2nd goal.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2021, 01:47:22 AM by josh »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #12893 on: July 28, 2021, 12:59:50 AM »

Link is broken, Josh.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12894 on: July 28, 2021, 01:47:43 AM »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #12895 on: July 28, 2021, 02:22:08 AM »

calmatters.org/commentary/2021/07/california-educators-math-curriculum-woke-students

We taught it that way in Brooklyn. Got 94% of our title one kids through regents with that style math curriculum in the early aughts. A few of those students found me before I moved out west and took me out to lunch.

A large proportion of students not taught math this way wind up being functionally innumerate adults, so there isn’t as much to lose as the author would like to make it out to be. It would be uncomfortable for teachers who come to teaching math differently, but it’s always uncomfortable for teachers in California where they are even more of a political football than we ever were in New York.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12897 on: July 28, 2021, 09:07:39 AM »

Just how deluded does Sen. Ron Johnson want to seem?

cnn.com/videos/politics/2021/07/28/republican-response-capitol-insurrection-hearing-nobles-sot-ac360-vpx.cnn

Holly Martins

« Reply #12898 on: July 28, 2021, 09:20:40 AM »

Re:  math

Just don't get rid of rote memorization of times tables.   That mental math is so handy.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12899 on: July 28, 2021, 09:33:41 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/27/business/walmart-college-tuition-benefit/index.html

Walmart says they will cover 100% of employees' college tuition.

That's not as big a change from the current program as one might think, but adding the students' books to the deal makes it an important shift.

Of course, fewer than 2% of their employees take advantage of this deal with at least part of the problem being that there is a very limited number of collects at which this deal is valid.

Still, it's better than nothing, by a good bit.
Pages: 1 ... 858 859 [860] 861 862 ... 2924