Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 878 879 [880] 881 882 ... 2925

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 753426 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #13185 on: August 01, 2021, 11:58:53 AM »

I view bacon as a vastly overrated food. I think we can trace the decline of America to the day bacon started wrapping things and was used for more than just a side with eggs or the “B” with “L” and “T”.
Bacon is the greatest food product provided to man by a wise and benevolent God. And wrapping bacon around any other food makes the food better, including bacon.
A parrot bit me.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #13186 on: August 01, 2021, 12:12:21 PM »

I view bacon as a vastly overrated food. I think we can trace the decline of America to the day bacon started wrapping things and was used for more than just a side with eggs or the “B” with “L” and “T”.
Bacon is the greatest food product provided to man by a wise and benevolent God. And wrapping bacon around any other food makes the food better, including bacon.
Especially true when wrapped around chicken livers and accompanied by a2015 Albert Boxler  Pinot Gris.

Holly Martins

« Reply #13187 on: August 01, 2021, 01:45:32 PM »

Animal "Rights" Assholes killing human businesses.

https://news.yahoo.com/bacon-may-disappear-california-pig-141827828.html

Au contraire.   Food from less stressed out animals tastes better.   

I don't eat land animals,  but if I did,  bacon would be top of my favorites list, next to lamb chops.   I find vegans who insist they find the taste of meat repellent to be suspicious.   We come from hunter-gatherers,  omnivores.   Meat is nutrient-dense and ergo tasty to us. 

Holly Martins

« Reply #13188 on: August 01, 2021, 01:49:04 PM »

Atlantic writer talks to the MyPillow man.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2021/07/mike-lindells-plot-destroy-america/619593/

Alas, a happy ending is unlikely. He will not, on August 10, find that “the experts” agree with him. Some have already provided careful explanations as to why the “packet captures” can’t be what he says they are. Others think that the whole discussion is pointless. When I called Chris Krebs, the Trump administration’s director of the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency, he refused even to get into the question of whether Lindell has authentic data, because the whole proposal is absurd. The heavy use of paper ballots, plus all of the postelection audits and recounts, mean that any issues with mechanized voting systems would have been quickly revealed. “It’s all part of the grift,” Krebs told me. “They’re exploiting the aggrieved audience’s confirmation bias and using scary yet unintelligible imagery to keep the Big Lie alive, despite the absence of any legitimate evidence."

What will happen when Lindell’s ideological, all-American, predicted-in-a-dream absolute certainty runs into a wall of skepticism, disbelief, or—even worse—indifference? If history is anything to go by … nothing. Nothing will happen. He will not admit he is wrong; he will not stop believing. He will not understand that he was conned out of the millions he has spent “validating” fake data. (One has to admire the salesmanship of the tech grifters who talked him into all of this, assuming they exist.) He will not understand that his company is having trouble with retailers because so many people are repulsed by his ideas. He will not understand that people attack him because they think what he says is dangerous and could lead to violence. He will instead rail against the perfidy of the media, the left, the Communists, and China.... 

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #13189 on: August 01, 2021, 02:58:44 PM »

Atlantic writer talks to the MyPillow man.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2021/07/mike-lindells-plot-destroy-america/619593/

Alas, a happy ending is unlikely. He will not, on August 10, find that “the experts” agree with him. Some have already provided careful explanations as to why the “packet captures” can’t be what he says they are. Others think that the whole discussion is pointless. When I called Chris Krebs, the Trump administration’s director of the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency, he refused even to get into the question of whether Lindell has authentic data, because the whole proposal is absurd. The heavy use of paper ballots, plus all of the postelection audits and recounts, mean that any issues with mechanized voting systems would have been quickly revealed. “It’s all part of the grift,” Krebs told me. “They’re exploiting the aggrieved audience’s confirmation bias and using scary yet unintelligible imagery to keep the Big Lie alive, despite the absence of any legitimate evidence."

What will happen when Lindell’s ideological, all-American, predicted-in-a-dream absolute certainty runs into a wall of skepticism, disbelief, or—even worse—indifference? If history is anything to go by … nothing. Nothing will happen. He will not admit he is wrong; he will not stop believing. He will not understand that he was conned out of the millions he has spent “validating” fake data. (One has to admire the salesmanship of the tech grifters who talked him into all of this, assuming they exist.) He will not understand that his company is having trouble with retailers because so many people are repulsed by his ideas. He will not understand that people attack him because they think what he says is dangerous and could lead to violence. He will instead rail against the perfidy of the media, the left, the Communists, and China.... 

It will lead to violence, especially when his reinstatement fantasy falls flat.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #13190 on: August 01, 2021, 03:50:39 PM »

When King Philip of Spain was King of the Philippines, he loved the people of the Philippines, and he wanted them to eat well, so he sent many ships full of pigs to the Philippines so they would have lots of pork to eat, and to this day the people of the Philippines still love pork and they serve roasted pigs at parties. 

And a funny thing, a gift from the government to the states is known as "Pork." 

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13192 on: August 01, 2021, 05:41:38 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13193 on: August 01, 2021, 06:26:59 PM »

It's always so funny when a man "jokes" about hitting a woman, Rep. McCarthy.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13194 on: August 01, 2021, 06:41:36 PM »

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/2021/7/29/2042724/-TPM-s-Josh-Marshall-Don-t-worry-about-Sinema-on-infrastructure-she-s-just-a-preening-phony

I don't find his "don't worry about Sinema" at all convincing, especially as the piece goes on.

Closest thing to a big picture read on her that I’ve come across.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Holly Martins

« Reply #13195 on: August 01, 2021, 06:52:10 PM »

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/2021/7/29/2042724/-TPM-s-Josh-Marshall-Don-t-worry-about-Sinema-on-infrastructure-she-s-just-a-preening-phony

I don't find his "don't worry about Sinema" at all convincing, especially as the piece goes on.

He might be right about her penchant for preening,  but I'm not reassured,  either.   I have no idea how much ideological costume changing she'll do,  but I'd bet Mark Kelly is already tired as fuck of her antics.   

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13196 on: August 01, 2021, 06:58:48 PM »

Biden should appoint Gov. Ducey to something he'd accept.
Then he should appoint Sen. Sinema to something she'd accept, after the SoS takes over as Governor,

Holly Martins

« Reply #13197 on: August 01, 2021, 07:05:30 PM »

Pork in the old, old US of A was the most consumed meat, white or otherwise, for the simple reason that before refrigeration was available, salted pork kept fresh and lasted much longer
than any other.  (I do not have my source handy at this time.)

Also favored (and promoted by agronomists like GW) because pigs took less acreage per pound.   Cattle needed lots of cleared land,  at considerable labor,  but pigs you could just turn loose in the woods and they'd come home fat.   Washington had a rather idyllic and utopian view of agriculture, based on a USA with a population of 3 million. 

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #13198 on: August 01, 2021, 07:08:17 PM »

We need to bring back the space shuttles. We need to build new space shuttles in the Antelope Valley where the former shuttles were built. The astronauts can go to space in American made space shuttles designed and built in the Antelope Valley. Then there will not be any more "accidental thruster firing."

Salute,

Tony V.

Or stop spending money on space ships to Mars and the moon, and spend it on repairing infrastructure, and shelters for the homeless instead.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #13199 on: August 01, 2021, 07:24:10 PM »

We need to bring back the space shuttles. We need to build new space shuttles in the Antelope Valley where the former shuttles were built. The astronauts can go to space in American made space shuttles designed and built in the Antelope Valley. Then there will not be any more "accidental thruster firing."

Salute,

Tony V.

Or stop spending money on space ships to Mars and the moon, and spend it on repairing infrastructure, and shelters for the homeless instead.

Why not do it all? We have the know how, we just need 5he will.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 878 879 [880] 881 882 ... 2925