Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 881 882 [883] 884 885 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 751718 times)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #13230 on: August 02, 2021, 02:17:20 PM »

https://news.yahoo.com/german-warship-heads-south-china-135121778.html

Germany on Monday sent a warship to the South China Sea for the first time in almost two decades, joining other Western nations in expanding its military presence in the region amid growing alarm over China's territorial ambitions.

China claims swathes of the South China Sea and has established military outposts on artificial islands in the waters that contain gas fields and rich fishing.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #13231 on: August 02, 2021, 02:19:07 PM »

I cannot believe that pig farmers in California cannot comply with the new rules and survive, going out of business should not be an option, they need to figure out how to comply.

And people can make money raising pigs in Nevada, Nevada has lots of cheap land. My parents bought land outside of Battle Mountain, Nevada, and they tried to build a cattle ranch, but they ended up making more money from the pigs than from the cattle. Raising pigs might not be glamorous, but people love bacon, and the money is great.

The refugees from Venezuela and others can raise pigs in Nevada.

Salute,

Tony V.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #13232 on: August 02, 2021, 02:20:54 PM »

A high-ranking New Mexico Democratic state lawmaker has resigned amid a federal investigation into possible fraud, racketeering, illegal kickbacks and money laundering.

Sheryl Williams Stapleton stepped down Friday as New Mexico's House majority leader, and from her seat, after state and federal authorities served subpoenas on an Albuquerque school district where Stapleton is employed.

Stapleton works as director of the school district's Career and Technical Education and has been placed on administrative leave along with 11 others pending the investigation.

A mislabeled invoice followed by persistent inquiries raised questions about Stapleton’s relationship with a contractor and her efforts to secure money that went to the contractor and four other entities linked to her.

Documents say the contractor was paid more than $5 million dating back to 2006 and that more than $950,000 of that was funneled to the two businesses and two nonprofits with ties to Stapleton, per Albuquerque Journal investigative reporter Mike Gallagher.

I guess those hats are expensive.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #13233 on: August 02, 2021, 02:32:55 PM »

Trouble with the CBC: To longtime CBC members, these insurgent candidates — Turner included — are unfairly questioning the liberal bona fides of Black party elders who spent decades earning their way to the upper echelons of government.

“The CBC is very liberal," said Rep. Emanuel Cleaver (D-Mo.). "It was liberal when it was founded. This isn’t liberals versus moderates. It’s something else."

“We’re pragmatists, that’s how I’ll say it," he added.

It’s true that many longtime CBC members have progressive credentials and back some of their trademark policy proposals, such as Medicare for All and the Green New Deal. But some, including Clyburn, have expressed disdain for the "sloganeering" of the left and warned of rhetoric that doesn't produce results.

The illiberal leftists in the Democratic Party don't get it.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/08/02/ohio-special-election-nina-turner-shontel-brown-502060

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #13234 on: August 02, 2021, 02:43:00 PM »

Given the idiocy of the vaccine hesitant and the vaccine resistors, I propose that the state governments offer a tax break to those businesses that demand and obtain full vaccine compliance for their employees. You may not want the vaccine because you hate the government, but I bet you'd like to keep your job.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13237 on: August 02, 2021, 03:30:56 PM »

A high-ranking New Mexico Democratic state lawmaker has resigned amid a federal investigation into possible fraud, racketeering, illegal kickbacks and money laundering.

Sheryl Williams Stapleton stepped down Friday as New Mexico's House majority leader, and from her seat, after state and federal authorities served subpoenas on an Albuquerque school district where Stapleton is employed.

Stapleton works as director of the school district's Career and Technical Education and has been placed on administrative leave along with 11 others pending the investigation.

A mislabeled invoice followed by persistent inquiries raised questions about Stapleton’s relationship with a contractor and her efforts to secure money that went to the contractor and four other entities linked to her.

Documents say the contractor was paid more than $5 million dating back to 2006 and that more than $950,000 of that was funneled to the two businesses and two nonprofits with ties to Stapleton, per Albuquerque Journal investigative reporter Mike Gallagher.

Black People Behaving Badly update brought to you by someone who claims he is not a.racist but really, really wants you call him one. Because, you know, he is.

I think I need to dig up the John Oliver segment on the inherent racism of the criticism of African American wardrobe and grooming choices that do not reflect white norms.
A parrot bit me.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13239 on: August 02, 2021, 04:15:17 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #13240 on: August 02, 2021, 04:34:48 PM »

Trouble with the CBC: To longtime CBC members, these insurgent candidates — Turner included — are unfairly questioning the liberal bona fides of Black party elders who spent decades earning their way to the upper echelons of government.

“The CBC is very liberal," said Rep. Emanuel Cleaver (D-Mo.). "It was liberal when it was founded. This isn’t liberals versus moderates. It’s something else."

“We’re pragmatists, that’s how I’ll say it," he added.

It’s true that many longtime CBC members have progressive credentials and back some of their trademark policy proposals, such as Medicare for All and the Green New Deal. But some, including Clyburn, have expressed disdain for the "sloganeering" of the left and warned of rhetoric that doesn't produce results.

The illiberal leftists in the Democratic Party don't get it.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/08/02/ohio-special-election-nina-turner-shontel-brown-502060

You don’t get it.

Nina Turner could have won this going away and I used to be a big fan until she went overboard on Bernie AFTER the 2016 primary and then went all in for Jill Stein.

This isn’t really old guard vs. progressives in the CBC, they just don’t want Turner.

CBC is also no fan of Bernie having had to give up superdelegates after 2016 even though they spent years building that power.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13241 on: August 02, 2021, 05:05:29 PM »

How bout that?  Blacks can be Trumps as well
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Holly Martins

« Reply #13242 on: August 02, 2021, 05:46:13 PM »

... high-ranking New Mexico Democratic state lawmaker has resigned amid a federal investigation into possible fraud, racketeering, illegal kickbacks and money laundering...

(yawn)

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #13243 on: August 02, 2021, 07:20:15 PM »

End the death cult’s bastard twisting of the second amendment and ban most guns and gun sales then the murder rate in DC and many other places will plummet.

In the meantime Red, you are still contributing to those murders with your steam of lies about the possession of easy murder weapons being a protected right.

Completely disarming the bad people first is the best idea.
Bad people first, then the good people.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #13244 on: August 02, 2021, 07:38:14 PM »

https://news.yahoo.com/german-warship-heads-south-china-135121778.html

Germany on Monday sent a warship to the South China Sea for the first time in almost two decades, joining other Western nations in expanding its military presence in the region amid growing alarm over China's territorial ambitions.

China claims swathes of the South China Sea and has established military outposts on artificial islands in the waters that contain gas fields and rich fishing.

France owes Australia bigtime, all that blood spilt in Flanders Fields etc.
France needs to stand up, and join the fight against China.

In Flanders Fields

In Flanders Fields the poppies grow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place. While in the Sky
The larks still bravely singing, fly
Unheard, amid the guns below.
We are the dead, Short days ago
We lived, felt dawns, saw sunsets glow;
Loved and were loved – but now we lie
        In Flanders Field

Take up our quarrel with the foe!
To you from falling hands we throw
The torch, Be yours to bear it high!
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep tho’ poppies blow

In Flanders Field.

The Answer –

In Flanders Field the cannon boom
And fitful flashes light the gloom;
While up above, like Eagles, fly
The fierce destroyers of the sky;
With stains the earth wherein you lie
Is redder than the poppy bloom
       In Flanders Field.

Sleep on ye brave! The shrieking shell,
The quaking trench, the startling yell,
The fury of the battle hell
Shall wake you not; for all is well.

Sleep peacefully, for all is well.
Your flaming torch aloft we bear,
With burning heart an oath we swear
To keep the faith to fight it through
To crush the foe, or sleep with you

In Flanders Field
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.
Pages: 1 ... 881 882 [883] 884 885 ... 2924