Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 884 885 [886] 887 888 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 751485 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #13275 on: August 03, 2021, 11:41:21 AM »

Nothing like Barack Obama celebrating a birthday to underscore the dem’s double standard.
Are Pelosi and Bowser jumping maskless out of the cake?

It's outdoors.

Porta potties galore
And fully compliant with the CDC's COVID protocols. Which makes the "double standard" thing Red copied over from a right-wing web site without providing - or probably even reading - the context particularly idiotic.

And particularly normal for him.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13276 on: August 03, 2021, 11:42:34 AM »

It's been a pretty likely finding for a while now that Cuomo was guilty.

What now is the question.

And... what is it with the water in the Governor's Mansion, anyway?! (Power corrupts.)
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #13277 on: August 03, 2021, 11:43:16 AM »

And... what is it with the water in the Governor's Mansion, anyway?! (Power corrupts.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_-B3eQb1bs
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Holly Martins

« Reply #13278 on: August 03, 2021, 11:43:31 AM »

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/02/opinion/Covid-Florida-vaccines.html?action=click&module=Opinion&pgtype=Homepage

My answer is that when people on the right talk about “freedom” what they actually mean is closer to “defense of privilege” — specifically the right of certain people (generally white male Christians) to do whatever they want.

Not incidentally, if you go back to the roots of modern conservatism, you find people like Barry Goldwater defending the right of businesses to discriminate against Black Americans. In the name of freedom, of course. A lot, though not all, of the recent panic about “cancel culture” is about protecting the right of powerful men to mistreat women. And so on.

Once you understand that the rhetoric of freedom is actually about privilege, things that look on the surface like gross inconsistency and hypocrisy start to make sense.

Why, for example, are conservatives so insistent on the right of businesses to make their own decisions, free from regulation — but quick to stop them from denying service to customers who refuse to wear masks or show proof of vaccination? Why is the autonomy of local school districts a fundamental principle — unless they want to require masks or teach America’s racial history? It’s all about whose privilege is being protected....

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13279 on: August 03, 2021, 11:48:00 AM »

He finishes his term - and that's that
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13280 on: August 03, 2021, 11:58:36 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_-B3eQb1bs

LOL

Holly Martins

« Reply #13281 on: August 03, 2021, 11:59:50 AM »

If it's true that his sexual advances included unwanted kissing and boob-grabbing, then he should heed fellow party members asking him to step down.  On some behaviors, there may be some gray area and ambiguity, but not with groping.  Physical contact with lips and boobs is not ambiguous or a "misunderstanding."    Also, punishing staff for coming forward with a complaint is not acceptable.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13282 on: August 03, 2021, 12:02:44 PM »

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/02/opinion/Covid-Florida-vaccines.html?action=click&module=Opinion&pgtype=Homepage

My answer is that when people on the right talk about “freedom” what they actually mean is closer to “defense of privilege” — specifically the right of certain people (generally white male Christians) to do whatever they want.

Not incidentally, if you go back to the roots of modern conservatism, you find people like Barry Goldwater defending the right of businesses to discriminate against Black Americans. In the name of freedom, of course. A lot, though not all, of the recent panic about “cancel culture” is about protecting the right of powerful men to mistreat women. And so on.

Once you understand that the rhetoric of freedom is actually about privilege, things that look on the surface like gross inconsistency and hypocrisy start to make sense.

Why, for example, are conservatives so insistent on the right of businesses to make their own decisions, free from regulation — but quick to stop them from denying service to customers who refuse to wear masks or show proof of vaccination? Why is the autonomy of local school districts a fundamental principle — unless they want to require masks or teach America’s racial history? It’s all about whose privilege is being protected....

Yep. That is why racists like Forrest denounce "woke". It is not about trying to shut him up, but him trying to spout racism without the annoyance of contradiction. It isn't about his right to speak, but his privilege to enjoy unopposed racism.
A parrot bit me.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13283 on: August 03, 2021, 12:03:20 PM »

I am not at all convinced of either half of that, Kid, which is why I asked the question.

AG James is not a Cuomo fan and, as shown by her pursuit of DJT, has no fear of celebrity or power.

Plus she may have her eye on his prize, herself.

Depending on just what she has for evidence, I could imagine her pushing him out early and/or filing charges, especially if he won't go on his own.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13284 on: August 03, 2021, 12:08:36 PM »

I am not at all convinced of either half of that, Kid, which is why I asked the question.

You asked a question on a forum, seeking opinion

I answered it.

If you have a differing opinion, please share.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #13285 on: August 03, 2021, 12:10:26 PM »

AG James is not a Cuomo fan and, as shown by her pursuit of DJT, has no fear of celebrity or power.

Plus she may have her eye on his prize, herself.

Depending on just what she has for evidence, I could imagine her pushing him out early and/or filing charges, especially if he won't go on his own.
This is good news for Cuomo if he's seeking the Republican Party nomination for President.
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #13286 on: August 03, 2021, 12:11:54 PM »

Nothing like Barack Obama celebrating a birthday to underscore the dem’s double standard.
Are Pelosi and Bowser jumping maskless out of the cake?

It's outdoors.

Porta potties galore
And fully compliant with the CDC's COVID protocols. Which makes the "double standard" thing Red copied over from a right-wing web site without providing - or probably even reading - the context particularly idiotic.
In other words
Obama  Arrogance (continued)

Holly Martins

« Reply #13287 on: August 03, 2021, 12:17:11 PM »

This is good news for Cuomo if he's seeking the Republican Party nomination for President.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #13288 on: August 03, 2021, 12:20:21 PM »

DC is very livable; Smithsonian, Georgetown nightlife, parks and federal buildings, colleges and universities. Spent some enjoyable time there myself. Not listed among top 50 violent cities in America, you guys are right in further review it is worthy of self governance.

https://www.neighborhoodscout.com/blog/top100dangerous
« Last Edit: August 03, 2021, 12:28:39 PM by luee »
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13289 on: August 03, 2021, 12:23:58 PM »

You asked a question on a forum, seeking opinion

I answered it.

If you have a differing opinion, please share.

And was glad to get your directly expressed opinion.

I did share mine.

If the evidence is strong and the cooperation is strong, I expect him to be pushed out of the office and/or indicted for a crime. His leaving office may satisfy his accusers, but if he doesn't, I expect a move to indict him. I certainly expect civil action against him, regardless of leaving or criminal charges.
Pages: 1 ... 884 885 [886] 887 888 ... 2924