Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 902 903 [904] 905 906 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 751693 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #13545 on: August 06, 2021, 02:41:01 PM »

So....

Give up Toppin to get Markaanen?

As a matter of National policy? I think we better leave it to the voters.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13546 on: August 06, 2021, 02:52:30 PM »

http://www.11alive.com/mobile/article/news/politics/ossoff-introduces-right-to-vote-act-in-senate/85-508e3a6a-c6ce-4d80-ab51-d8ac900f09c0

Keep marching.

Punch fascists and ratfuck their republican cup bearers.

Quite a few voting rights bills out there now.   Probably a good approach, eggs in several baskets.   If only there was a way to make voting rights a budgetary thing,  so reconciliation would work and they'd only need a simple majority.

If only the fucking Democrats would get off cloud nine and protect voting rights. After all, they wouldn’t be in the majority if not for PoC coalition in Georgia.

Problem is white people haven’t recognized we’re still in the middle of a coup and if they do see it they don’t feel the threat to THEIR rights and privileges.

Achtung, y’all.

Blame whitey. It's all you ever do.

Truth hurts.

Truth is that your bigotry is as bad as anyone's.

“I have thought it my duty to exhibit things as they are, not as they ought to be.”

Then you must be off duty.

How's Justice Karan doing, btw?

Dope.

Poor Hammy

Do you drink diet soda, Larry?

Best think twice, if you do: https://bestlifeonline.com/diet-soda-stroke-news/
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #13547 on: August 06, 2021, 03:07:28 PM »

Hammy, you are the best argument for legal and readily available abortion I’ve seen so far. It’s clear your mother didn’t want you. It’s also clear she was right.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #13548 on: August 06, 2021, 03:07:57 PM »

http://www.salon.com/2021/08/06/better-than-expected-jobs-report-shocks-foxs-maria-bartiromo-wow-big-beat/

This is why republicans will be ramping up their sabotage in their war against the United States.

Holly Martins

« Reply #13549 on: August 06, 2021, 03:19:22 PM »

As for the filibuster the framers let the Congress draw up rules for the respective Chambers.

To give a minority a negative upon the majority (which is always the case where more than a majority is requisite to a decision), is, in its tendency, to subject the sense of the greater number to that of the lesser.… The necessity of unanimity in public bodies, or of something approaching towards it, has been founded upon a supposition that it would contribute to security. But its real operation is to embarrass the administration, to destroy the energy of the government, and to substitute the pleasure, caprice, or artifices of an insignificant, turbulent, or corrupt junto, to the regular deliberations and decisions of a respectable majority. In those emergencies of a nation, in which the goodness or badness, the weakness or strength of its government, is of the greatest importance, there is commonly a necessity for action. The public business must, in some way or other, go forward. If a pertinacious minority can control the opinion of a majority, respecting the best mode of conducting it, the majority, in order that something may be done, must conform to the views of the minority; and thus the sense of the smaller number will overrule that of the greater, and give a tone to the national proceedings. Hence, tedious delays; continual negotiation and intrigue; contemptible compromises of the public good. And yet, in such a system, it is even happy when such compromises can take place: for upon some occasions things will not admit of accommodation; and then the measures of government must be injuriously suspended, or fatally defeated. It is often, by the impracticability of obtaining the concurrence of the necessary number of votes, kept in a state of inaction. Its situation must always savor of weakness, sometimes border upon anarchy.   

Alexander Hamilton, Federalist no.  22

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #13550 on: August 06, 2021, 03:21:32 PM »

http://www.11alive.com/mobile/article/news/politics/ossoff-introduces-right-to-vote-act-in-senate/85-508e3a6a-c6ce-4d80-ab51-d8ac900f09c0

Keep marching.

Quite a few voting rights bills out there now.   Probably a good approach, eggs in several baskets.   If only there was a way to make voting rights a budgetary thing,  so reconciliation would work and they'd only need a simple majority.

If only the fucking Democrats would get off cloud nine and protect voting rights. After all, they wouldn’t be in the majority if not for PoC coalition in Georgia.

Problem is white people haven’t recognized we’re still in the middle of a coup and if they do see it they don’t feel the threat to THEIR rights and privileges.

Achtung, y’all.

Truth hurts.

Truth is that your bigotry is as bad as anyone's.

“I have thought it my duty to exhibit things as they are, not as they ought to be.”

Then you must be off duty.

How's Justice Karan doing, btw?

Dope.

Poor Hammy

Do you drink diet soda, Larry?

Best think twice, if you do: https://bestlifeonline.com/diet-soda-stroke-news/

I don’t drink carbonated beverages and I don’t use sugar substitutes.

Try again, maybe you’ll tell me something I didn’t know years ago.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Holly Martins

« Reply #13551 on: August 06, 2021, 03:32:05 PM »

Ham's off the meds again.   Responded to none of the points in my two posts to him,  just offered non sequiturs that I don't live in New York and that I like to fuck sheep.   The first is true,  the second could be true but really wouldn't know since I've never gone puttin' in the mutton.   Jam in the lamb.   Sleep with the sheep.   I guess wool never know...

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #13552 on: August 06, 2021, 03:57:34 PM »

As for the filibuster the framers let the Congress draw up rules for the respective Chambers.

To give a minority a negative upon the majority (which is always the case where more than a majority is requisite to a decision), is, in its tendency, to subject the sense of the greater number to that of the lesser.… The necessity of unanimity in public bodies, or of something approaching towards it, has been founded upon a supposition that it would contribute to security. But its real operation is to embarrass the administration, to destroy the energy of the government, and to substitute the pleasure, caprice, or artifices of an insignificant, turbulent, or corrupt junto, to the regular deliberations and decisions of a respectable majority. In those emergencies of a nation, in which the goodness or badness, the weakness or strength of its government, is of the greatest importance, there is commonly a necessity for action. The public business must, in some way or other, go forward. If a pertinacious minority can control the opinion of a majority, respecting the best mode of conducting it, the majority, in order that something may be done, must conform to the views of the minority; and thus the sense of the smaller number will overrule that of the greater, and give a tone to the national proceedings. Hence, tedious delays; continual negotiation and intrigue; contemptible compromises of the public good. And yet, in such a system, it is even happy when such compromises can take place: for upon some occasions things will not admit of accommodation; and then the measures of government must be injuriously suspended, or fatally defeated. It is often, by the impracticability of obtaining the concurrence of the necessary number of votes, kept in a state of inaction. Its situation must always savor of weakness, sometimes border upon anarchy.   

Alexander Hamilton, Federalist no.  22
And your point is?
Laws are passed in Congress by majority rule  just as Hamilton argued for .

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #13553 on: August 06, 2021, 04:00:09 PM »

Hammy projects his fantasies.

Red confirms there is no justification for the filibuster. He should let the traitor lawmakers in the GOP know so they will stop using it to attack the people of the United States in the republican war against this country.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #13554 on: August 06, 2021, 04:11:57 PM »

Here is a cool story about Alexander Hamilton...

When the USA first formed Alexander Hamilton formed the Bank of New York so that America could borrow money from Americans, instead of getting in debt to foreign nations. The case was taken to the Supreme Court, and Hamilton argued that if the ends were Constitutional then the means were Constitutional as well. The Supreme Court agreed with Hamilton, and the Bank of New York was formed. The first loan of the Bank of New York to the USA was to pay the paychecks for the government, including paying President George Washington. And the first company to be listed on the New York Stock Exchange was the Bank of New York.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: August 06, 2021, 04:15:40 PM by FlyingVProd »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #13555 on: August 06, 2021, 04:20:32 PM »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9869051/Covid-19-Australia-Scott-Morrison-begs-Joe-Biden-Pfizer-end-lockdown-hopes-dwindle.html

Scott Morrison pleads with Joe Biden to send America's 26 million expiring Pfizer vaccines to Australia

The federal government has made a desperate plea for access to the Biden administration's estimated 26million Pfizer doses as they near expiry in unused warehouses in the the U.S.

Previous attempts to retrieve the excess doses have so far proved unsuccessful, however leading Republicans are pushing for Biden to show leniency, saying Australia should be prioritised for the vaccines, according to reports by The Australian. 

#####

Begging, Australia is...begging.
Joe says NO...seems not interested in saving the children and the young downunder.
26 million Pfizer doses, gonna get tossed out...and Joe and the Democrats in America won't let Australia have them.
Baaah!

Republican America is Australia-friendly.
Re elect Republican America.

That nice Mr Trump, .....he of the state dinner at the White House with ScoMo and Jenny, and the band played/sang Waltzing Matilda, ......would've allowed Australia to have
access to the soon to expire Pfizer vaccines.
But not Joe...Joe says NO.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2021, 04:26:56 PM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13556 on: August 06, 2021, 04:23:46 PM »

Keep marching.

Achtung, y’all.

Truth hurts.

Stop holding white people responsible for their complacency, you bastard!  How dare you make anyone feel a moment of discomfort! 

Seriously, Manchin and Sinema need to get off their purity high-horses.  I've come round to the conclusion that the Republic is in grave danger and it's time to play hardball.  If those two knuckleheads can't see that equal access to the polls is vastly more important than some filibuster theory that the framers never intended to be a part of the system, then maybe they really are DINO.
Doing away with voter ID is “ protecting” voter’
rights?
Yes.
Yes. So they have the perfect right to change those rules if they no longer work. The right to create such a rule is essentially irrelevant to any argument over whether to keep it.
A parrot bit me.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #13559 on: August 06, 2021, 05:14:58 PM »

Keep marching.

Achtung, y’all.

Truth hurts.

Stop holding white people responsible for their complacency, you bastard!  How dare you make anyone feel a moment of discomfort! 

Seriously, Manchin and Sinema need to get off their purity high-horses.  I've come round to the conclusion that the Republic is in grave danger and it's time to play hardball.  If those two knuckleheads can't see that equal access to the polls is vastly more important than some filibuster theory that the framers never intended to be a part of the system, then maybe they really are DINO.
Doing away with voter ID is “ protecting” voter’
rights?
Yes.
Yes. So they have the perfect right to change those rules if they no longer work. The right to create such a rule is essentially irrelevant to any argument over whether to keep it.
Obviously it can be changed. But the rule does work and has for a long time.
How does abolishing Voter ID(which is unconstitutional at the federal level) protect any voter?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2021, 05:17:33 PM by REDSTATEWARD »
Pages: 1 ... 902 903 [904] 905 906 ... 2924