Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 904 905 [906] 907 908 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 752036 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #13576 on: August 06, 2021, 09:31:07 PM »

Now they find out that the Biden Administration is sitting on 29 million doses of the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines that are about to expire at the end of Aug and is refusing to release them.
Enough vaccine to fully vaccinate every child and young person in Australia.
Yes, Joe and Co are just going to leave these vaccines in the warehouses to expire then throw them out in the trash.

Wow.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Last Edit: August 06, 2021, 09:41:58 PM by kidcarter8 »

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13578 on: August 06, 2021, 09:41:40 PM »

Obviously it can be changed. But the rule does work and has for a long time.
How does abolishing Voter ID(which is unconstitutional at the federal level) protect any voter?

The rule doesn't work
Obviously it does. See Civil Rights  Act, Voting Rights Act, e.g.
Or, the Civil Rights Act of 1957. Just because laws were passed despite the filibuster does not mean it works.
You may want to think that one through.
LOL. Behave as expected.
A parrot bit me.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #13579 on: August 06, 2021, 09:42:23 PM »

http://www.11alive.com/mobile/article/news/politics/ossoff-introduces-right-to-vote-act-in-senate/85-508e3a6a-c6ce-4d80-ab51-d8ac900f09c0

Keep marching.

Punch fascists and ratfuck their republican cup bearers.

Quite a few voting rights bills out there now.   Probably a good approach, eggs in several baskets.   If only there was a way to make voting rights a budgetary thing,  so reconciliation would work and they'd only need a simple majority.

If only the fucking Democrats would get off cloud nine and protect voting rights. After all, they wouldn’t be in the majority if not for PoC coalition in Georgia.

Problem is white people haven’t recognized we’re still in the middle of a coup and if they do see it they don’t feel the threat to THEIR rights and privileges.

Achtung, y’all.

Blame whitey. It's all you ever do.

Truth hurts.

Stop holding white people responsible for their complacency, you bastard!  How dare you make anyone feel a moment of discomfort! 

Seriously, Manchin and Sinema need to get off their purity high-horses.  I've come round to the conclusion that the Republic is in grave danger and it's time to play hardball.  If those two knuckleheads can't see that equal access to the polls is vastly more important than some filibuster theory that the framers never intended to be a part of the system, then maybe they really are DINO.
Doing away with voter ID is “ protecting” voter’
rights?
Yes.
As for the filibuster the framers let the Congress draw up rules for the respective Chambers.
Yes. So they have the perfect right to change those rules if they no longer work. The right to create such a rule is essentially irrelevant to any argument over whether to keep it.
Even if that was the case - and the filibuster, like so many things in this country, is inextricably linked with racism -
  Ah yes.  When out of ammo cry racism!
C.f, the Civil Rights Act of 1957.
Abolishing Voter ID at the Federal level is unconstitutional.
No it isn't.
Yes It is.
No it isn't.
A parrot bit me.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13580 on: August 06, 2021, 10:03:12 PM »

I told you once...

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13581 on: August 06, 2021, 10:04:11 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/06/us/arkansas-judge-blocks-law-banning-school-mask-mandates/index.html

Let's go!!!

Still waiting for you to back up your claim that one can make numbers say anything wrt your claim about "overheard" that the counties that mandated masks had COVID numbers no better than those that did not.

Not holding my breath, of course, but waiting.

"Let's go!!!"
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #13582 on: August 06, 2021, 10:12:12 PM »

http://www.11alive.com/mobile/article/news/politics/ossoff-introduces-right-to-vote-act-in-senate/85-508e3a6a-c6ce-4d80-ab51-d8ac900f09c0

Keep marching.

Quite a few voting rights bills out there now.   Probably a good approach, eggs in several baskets.   If only there was a way to make voting rights a budgetary thing,  so reconciliation would work and they'd only need a simple majority.

If only the fucking Democrats would get off cloud nine and protect voting rights. After all, they wouldn’t be in the majority if not for PoC coalition in Georgia.

Problem is white people haven’t recognized we’re still in the middle of a coup and if they do see it they don’t feel the threat to THEIR rights and privileges.

Achtung, y’all.

Truth hurts.

Stop holding white people responsible for their complacency, you bastard!  How dare you make anyone feel a moment of discomfort! 

Seriously, Manchin and Sinema need to get off their purity high-horses.  I've come round to the conclusion that the Republic is in grave danger and it's time to play hardball.  If those two knuckleheads can't see that equal access to the polls is vastly more important than some filibuster theory that the framers never intended to be a part of the system, then maybe they really are DINO.
rights?
Yes.
As for the filibuster the framers let the Congress draw up rules for the respective Chambers.
Yes. So they have the perfect right to change those rules if they no longer work. The right to create such a rule is essentially irrelevant to any argument over whether to keep it.
Even if that was the case - and the filibuster, like so many things in this country, is inextricably linked with racism -
No it isn't.
Yes It is.
No it isn't.
But of course it is.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #13583 on: August 06, 2021, 10:27:57 PM »

Keep marching.

Achtung, y’all.

Truth hurts.

rights?
Yes.
No it isn't.
Yes It is.
No it isn't.
But of course it is.
No it isn't.
A parrot bit me.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13584 on: August 06, 2021, 10:33:51 PM »

Ham's off the meds again.   Responded to none of the points in my two posts to him,  just offered non sequiturs that I don't live in New York and that I like to fuck sheep.   The first is true,  the second could be true but really wouldn't know since I've never gone puttin' in the mutton.   Jam in the lamb.   Sleep with the sheep.   I guess wool never know...

Ewe  had no points to which one could respond.

Mutton molester.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13585 on: August 06, 2021, 10:34:06 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

bambu.

• View Profile
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #13589 on: August 06, 2021, 11:29:05 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 904 905 [906] 907 908 ... 2924