Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 907 908 [909] 910 911 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 752740 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #13620 on: August 07, 2021, 01:36:07 PM »

http://www.politico.com/news/2021/08/06/democrats-hire-riggleman-jan-6-502746

America vs. mob-traitors Gaetz, Gosar, Hawley, et. al.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #13621 on: August 07, 2021, 01:39:31 PM »

Navigating The Argument Room this morning, a simple question arose:  whose opinion on the Constitution has more weight, the guy who went to law school or the guy who went to cement school?   (it would be a logic fallacy to say either is sure to be right,  but professional training does matter, which is why we don't call cement makers when we're in legal trouble)(unless we're Tony Soprano maybe)

The key is to remember that what is unconstitutional or not is subject to the whims of the appointed justices, which is why we get some major reversals along the way.

SCOTUS is not infallible.

Neither were the Founding Fathers.

So, what's constitutional today may be unconstitutional tomorrow, according to the primary body that gets a vote.

Is imposing a national voter ID unconstitutional?
Is imposing a ban on voter ID nationally unconstitutional?

YKMV.

Wouldn't the supremacy clause (article VI) allow a federal law on fair voting procedures in states?
Especially where election to a federal office is concerned.   
The Constitution has already delegated that responsibility to the states.
It also prevents states from discriminating against voters based on sex or the color of their skin.
It has also been interpreted by SCOTUS that one man/one vote shall apply to state legislatures.
Decisions regarding ID cards, etc. are solely the business of the states.

Seems like either Red’s copy or his interpretation of the Constitution has been chemically altered.

There’s a long tradition in this country

“Martha, roll me some of that south field shwag. My damn teeth feel like they’re putting down roots!”

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13622 on: August 07, 2021, 03:17:09 PM »

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/dont-expect-unemployment-benefits-if-you-dont-comply-with-your-employers-vaccine-requirement-11628287814

refusing to get a COVID-19 vaccine, if your employer requires one, “is akin to an employee’s refusal to submit to permissible drug tests or participate in safety trainings,” said Ronald Zambrano, employment law chair at West Coast Trial Lawyers, a Los Angeles–based law firm. That is, such an employee, when terminated, would not qualify for unemployment benefits, Zambrano said.

Heh
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Holly Martins

« Reply #13624 on: August 07, 2021, 03:30:01 PM »

Navigating The Argument Room this morning, a simple question arose:  whose opinion on the Constitution has more weight, the guy who went to law school or the guy who went to cement school?   (it would be a logic fallacy to say either is sure to be right,  but professional training does matter, which is why we don't call cement makers when we're in legal trouble)(unless we're Tony Soprano maybe)

The key is to remember that what is unconstitutional or not is subject to the whims of the appointed justices, which is why we get some major reversals along the way.

So, what's constitutional today may be unconstitutional tomorrow, according to the primary body that gets a vote.

YKMV.

Wouldn't the supremacy clause (article VI) allow a federal law on fair voting procedures in states?
It also prevents states from discriminating against voters based on sex or the color of their skin.
It has also been interpreted by SCOTUS that one man/one vote shall apply to state legislatures.

....Unless such laws impact Constitutionally protected classes.   Which is why, until Shelby v Holder,  preclearance was enforced.   There's a reason why virtually all voting laws,  post Shelby,  were enacted by Republicans and resulted in reduced voter turnout in communities of color.  Over 1000 polling stations were lost.   Which is ample evidence that Shelby was a SCt dropping the ball on protecting against discrimination. 

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #13625 on: August 07, 2021, 03:50:06 PM »

YKMV.

....Unless such laws impact Constitutionally protected classes.   Which is why, until Shelby v Holder,  preclearance was enforced. 
Until  SCOTUS correctly pointed out that preclearance was an anachronism based on ancient history.
There's a reason why virtually all voting laws,  post Shelby,  were enacted by Republicans and resulted in reduced voter turnout in communities of color. 
Both of those conclusions are false.
Over 1000 polling stations were lost.   
There are nearly 250,000 polling stations in the USA.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13626 on: August 07, 2021, 04:30:21 PM »

So, so sad.

https://www.https//nypost.com/2021/07/07/baseball-coach-shot-dead-driving-after-possible-road-rage-incident/

Comments section is interesting.  Folks have had enough.  Civil War II cannot be too far away.

Link doesn't work, kid. Repost, please.

https://nypost.com/2021/07/07/baseball-coach-shot-dead-driving-after-possible-road-rage-incident/

Thanks. Too bad Bartoon wasn't driving.

Wow.

You know that your meds don't work if you insert them in your rectum,  right?   "Orally" means through your mouth,  not your anus.   Though I can understand the difficulty you'd have distinguishing them.
Well, that is where he keeps his head.
A parrot bit me.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13627 on: August 07, 2021, 04:35:59 PM »

I never knew Harry studied cement.
No, that was your psychoanalyst.
A parrot bit me.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #13628 on: August 07, 2021, 04:45:41 PM »

I never knew Harry studied cement.
No, that was your psychoanalyst.
gave your writer the weekend off?

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #13629 on: August 07, 2021, 05:14:05 PM »

What do both Republicans and Michael Jackson like to do on a guitar?

Fingering A Minor.
Might want to check the news about that “ up and coming” democrat  State Sen. Tony Navarrete, 35, in Arizona who has been  charged  with sexually abusing a boy for years and attempting to abuse another. 
I think he is a much better fit for your joke.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #13631 on: August 07, 2021, 05:49:01 PM »

What do both Republicans and Michael Jackson like to do on a guitar?

Fingering A Minor.
Might want to check the news about that “ up and coming” democrat  State Sen. Tony Navarrete, 35, in Arizona who has been  charged  with sexually abusing a boy for years and attempting to abuse another.
I think he is a much better fit for your joke.

I like how Red is trying to make this into some kind of beauty contest, like a Miss Universe pageant held in Moscow, though that effort might be too gropy and too soon.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #13632 on: August 07, 2021, 07:16:04 PM »

As startling as it might sound..."dumb, drunk, racist, and backward" Australia has the means to come and get some of the soon to expire vaccines from America.
We even have refrigerated transport.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #13633 on: August 07, 2021, 07:25:52 PM »

Biden is keeping republicans of the streets by extending the eviction moratorium.

Trump is rushing republicans into prison by continuing his coup and insurrection.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #13634 on: August 07, 2021, 08:32:23 PM »

God Bless Kevin Durant.
Wrapped in an American Flag after leading team USA to the Gold while  telling the MSM to go pound sand.

Pages: 1 ... 907 908 [909] 910 911 ... 2924