Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 909 910 [911] 912 913 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 752707 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #13650 on: August 08, 2021, 03:08:13 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #13651 on: August 08, 2021, 03:41:05 PM »

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/aug/08/florida-mask-mandate-schools-ron-desantis

Amid Florida’s Covid-19 resurgence, even conservative educators are having a hard time accepting DeSantis’ hardline.

Shawn Beightol, a Miami-Dade high school teacher who is a Republican, said the governor is not following key principles of conservatism of allowing local governments to make their own decisions. Even though he is vaccinated, there is a small chance he can still catch COVID-19 and get sick, he noted. “By threatening to withhold funding, DeSantis is not practicing conservatism and he is removing control from local school boards,” Beightol said. “It’s more of a facist-type leadership model.” 

Bingo!

Achtung
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Holly Martins

« Reply #13652 on: August 08, 2021, 04:34:43 PM »

Gesundheit.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #13653 on: August 08, 2021, 06:38:07 PM »

Ah yes, fake vaccination certificates.
People caught with those, or caught making those...should be sent to work in the salt mines for a while.
Forge-proof National Identity Cards and forge-proof vaccination cards can be made eventually...see anyone forging Australian bank notes.
Saw something on my tv news about stopping fake vaccination certificates...Something about a govt phone app, a digital certificate with photo, the airline etc checks the cert on app, then compares that to other photo ID of the holder, and allows them to fly, enter restaurant, the opera, Broadway-ilk, sporting events etc.
Like my digital drivers licence on my state govt app.
If I forget my wallet, no problem, I have my digital photo licence.

The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13654 on: August 08, 2021, 06:42:44 PM »

"forge proof"

We haven't managed money that could not be counterfeited and you want us to invent unforgeable credentials.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13655 on: August 08, 2021, 07:02:03 PM »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #13656 on: August 08, 2021, 08:38:58 PM »

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #13657 on: August 08, 2021, 09:03:21 PM »

"forge proof"

We haven't managed money that could not be counterfeited and you want us to invent unforgeable credentials.

The new Australian banknotes cannot be counterfeited.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtEOAINTxvM
Secrets of the Australian Dollar
« Last Edit: August 08, 2021, 09:14:17 PM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #13658 on: August 08, 2021, 09:46:04 PM »

"forge proof"

“Tweren’t nary a horse couldn’t be rode, nor cowboy who couldn’t be throwed!”

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #13659 on: August 08, 2021, 09:50:53 PM »

#45 says, Imagine if he were “president during the pandemic.”

Does that mean he knows he got thumped or has he forgotten the last year and a half?

https://www.indy100.com/news/trump-president-covid-pandemic-fox-b1899084?amp

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13660 on: August 08, 2021, 09:55:50 PM »

"forge proof"

Your naivete would be cute on somebody else.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #13661 on: August 08, 2021, 09:59:49 PM »

"forge proof"

Forge-proof credentials can be made...bambu says.
bambu also says that as far as vaccination certificates go, the phone app/digital certificate cert system would be/ is a good system.
Just remembered that I basically have that now...the fed gov website app... I sign in, tap tap tap to Medicare page by answering secret questions, getting code texts, and voice recognition...and I can show my total vaccination record, covid, flu, shingles Vax.. back about 6 years.
If y'all haven't been vaccinated against shingles you should rush out and do so...it's total horror if you get shingles.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #13662 on: August 08, 2021, 10:04:14 PM »

"forge proof"

Your naivete would be cute on somebody else.

Well, they might be able to be counterfeited by someone with exactly the same machines, etc, but it won't be some backyard forger as in the past.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #13663 on: August 08, 2021, 10:19:04 PM »

When mrs bambu was in Canada she informed the Canadians in their travel club that hosted her club that Australia makes their Canadian  bank notes.
She said many of them went strange in the head at the very thought of it, but came back to normal when she informed them that Canada makes Australia's coins. 

She told me that many Canadians seem to have "a chip on their shoulder about America/ Americans...yet are quite happy to travel to and stay in America in Winter when it's too cold in Canada."

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13664 on: August 08, 2021, 10:58:39 PM »

"forge proof"

Forge-proof credentials can be made...bambu says.

I rest my case.

And:
Shingles causes fewer than 100 deaths annually. Almost all shingles deaths are in elderly or people with compromised immune system.

It can cause a lot of pain, but it is just not the horror that many other diseases are.
Pages: 1 ... 909 910 [911] 912 913 ... 2924