Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 921 922 [923] 924 925 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 752121 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #13830 on: August 11, 2021, 04:57:22 PM »

The Taliban will be totally in control of all of Afghanistan in about 90 days.
Kabul will fall soon, then the rest of the country.

Same thing will happen in America if the patriots disappear.
Long live patriots who love the flag and the national
anthem.
Federal govt should issue a National Patriot Card to all prepared to swear allegiance to the USA above all others.

USA Uber alles!
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #13831 on: August 11, 2021, 05:01:15 PM »

"Maddow" finished behind 12 different Fox News programs in the demo, as "Tucker Carlson Tonight," "Hannity," "The Five," "The Ingraham Angle," "Special Report with Bret Baier," "Gutfeld!," "Fox News Primetime," Your World with Neil Cavuto," Outnumbered," "The Story with Martha MacCallum," "Fox & Friends" and "America Reports" all finished with larger audiences than MSNBC’s most popular program in the key category.

Meanwhile, MSNBC’s flagship morning program "Morning Joe" failed to crack 100,000 demo viewers for the first time since October 2015.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/msnbc-struggles

You do know that all the regular hosts were on vacation during those time periods, right?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #13832 on: August 11, 2021, 05:06:22 PM »

anthem.
Federal govt should issue a National Patriot Card to all prepared to swear allegiance to the USA above all others.
?

Yes, above all others.
To get the USA Patriot Card the US citizen would have to
salute the flag, recite or sing the nationalanthem, and swear allegiance to the USA "above all others". The ceremony recorded and a
DVD available.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2021, 05:14:59 PM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13833 on: August 11, 2021, 05:07:08 PM »

Kids aren't dying, Josh

And the ones that do are sadly those who already have very bad maladies/illnesses.

My kid is staying home.

Kids are dying.

Healthy kids are dying, not just the sick ones.

Not as many as elders, which is an easy position to take when it is not your kid.

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/coronavirus-covid-kids-schools-reopening-cases

That is true: Most children who get COVID-19 recover with no lingering effects. But a year and a half into the pandemic, there’s still much that researchers and doctors don’t know about the consequences of the disease for kids. Among the unknowns: How often do kids develop lingering symptoms, or long COVID-19? Why do some healthy children develop serious, run-amok inflammation weeks after recovering from COVID-19? For some kids, that complication comes even more out of the blue: They weren’t even aware they were infected.

Now the delta variant is causing yet more uncertainty. Studies primarily involving adults show that it’s making people sicker than earlier versions of the coronavirus (SN: 7/30/21). Will it hit kids harder too?

Researchers are beginning to gather the data needed to answer those questions, though there is a dearth of data so far on kids and delta. The emerging picture suggests that while the virus remains no big deal for many children, it is a serious problem for others.

And you keep forgetting that death isn't the only problem, as pointed out in the quote.

We don't know how many kids are getting Long Covid, Kid. You don't, I don't, and the CDC don't.

But yes, kids are dying. And more will die, some because of attitudes like yours, even if not behaviors like yours.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #13834 on: August 11, 2021, 05:10:56 PM »

anthem.
?

Yes, above all others.
What happens to people who don’t swear allegiance?
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

Holly Martins

« Reply #13835 on: August 11, 2021, 05:11:08 PM »

They and other national and local GOP officials cast their opposition to such measures as an effort to protect personal choice. But some fear the party is on track to make itself the face of the delta variant — endangering fellow Americans while also risking severe political damage in the long term.

“They’re making a political bet on the lives of the people they serve,” said former Republican National Committee chairman Michael S. Steele, who has been sharply critical of former president Donald Trump and has formed an exploratory committee for a potential 2022 Maryland gubernatorial bid. “The party leadership has gone so far out on this limb that there they stand with a saw in their hand and they’re sawing it off.”   

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/republicans-delta-masks-vaccines/2021/08/11/639c6862-fa0c-11eb-9c0e-97e29906a970_story.html

I've started thinking of DeSantis,  Abbott,  and Noem as the Three Stooges of public health.   

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13836 on: August 11, 2021, 05:11:20 PM »

When did Delta come to the fore? It was identified in December, but it wasn't even big news until after that study's data accumulation.

You're a year off.

No, I'm not.

Can you admit it?

https://www.yalemedicine.org/news/5-things-to-know-delta-variant-covid

One thing that is unique about Delta is how quickly it is spreading, says F. Perry Wilson, MD, a Yale Medicine epidemiologist. Around the world, he says, “Delta will certainly accelerate the pandemic.” The first Delta case was identified in December 2020, and the variant soon became the predominant strain of the virus in both India and then Great Britain. By the end of July, Delta was the cause of more than 80% of new U.S. COVID-19 cases, according to CDC estimates.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Holly Martins

« Reply #13837 on: August 11, 2021, 05:12:17 PM »

anthem.
?

Yes, above all others.

They're signed up for the Josef Stalin Diet Plan!   

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13838 on: August 11, 2021, 05:22:50 PM »

Women are smarter, Hammy.

Not sure where that leaves eunuchs like you.

Your gender bias is noted.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #13839 on: August 11, 2021, 05:24:33 PM »

anthem.
?

Yes, above all others.

Nothing.
Applying for the card and doing the ceremony would be purely optional.
The ceremony......saluting the flag, reciting or singing the national anthem, and swearing allegiance to the USA "above all others" ...the person would have to say the words,.....would be recorded and a dvd copy available.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2021, 05:28:13 PM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #13840 on: August 11, 2021, 05:25:15 PM »

I said over a year ago that Cuomo should resign.
Though I was talking about his mishandling of the CoronaVirus.
Nice side benefit is the female Lt. Gov takes over.

Btw, the US still leads the world in Total Cases, Total Deaths, New Cases, Active Cases and Serious/Critical Cases.

Why is that a "benefit"? Merely because she's a woman? Explain.

As I pointed out this morning, she will be NY first female governor.   Milestones like that benefit society by showing young girls they can grow up and hold high office.   Each such milestone (starting with Nebraska in 1986) adds to an overall sense of power shifting away from a single class of person.   Generally showing young people that politics is open to everyone is a good thing.   It furthers the shift,  in America,  over the span of a century, away  from government composed entirely of Protestant men of western European heritage (mostly WASP).

That role model thing to which you allude has never been proven. If you think that people automatically improve the government merely by their race and/or gender status, then that is YOUR bigotry on display.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #13841 on: August 11, 2021, 05:28:05 PM »

My guess is that the reason a majority see the Squad and other new Democrats as denigrating law enforcement is because they are absorbing the narrative of the Right, promoted widely on social media and right-leaning media outlets.  If you actually listen to what the new Dems are saying, it doesn't quite fit that narrative, but who has time to read or research, 'miright?  Just go with the soundbite!

Bad guess.

Thanks for demonstrating my point.

Omar, por ejemplo, wants a federal oversight committee for local policing.  Her proposals have come under quite valid criticism. I'll pause while you develop your "point".

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #13842 on: August 11, 2021, 05:29:03 PM »

A fuller explanation of her position is that she favors reallocation to community building which would reduce the need for armed enforcers but not eliminate them.   

So,  already, we arrive at the need to distinguish between elimination of police and reallocating funds so they are a smaller portion of all social services.   Which does she advocate?   Going beyond sound bites...
The police Department is not a social service. It’s job is law enforcement.

So protecting the public is not a service to society?   Apprehension of criminals is not a service to society?   That's an interesting definition,  and seems debatable.

Cori Bush has no connection to its purpose or its responsibilities to municipalities and local governments....

So she's NOT representing a congressional district in St.  Louis??   And what those constituents want from those assigned to protect them and keep the peace?   Wow,  that's a fascinating take on democracy!

Semantics, much?

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13843 on: August 11, 2021, 05:29:28 PM »

anthem.
?

Yes, above all others.
To get the USA Patriot Card the US citizen would have to
salute the flag, recite or sing the nationalanthem, and swear allegiance to the USA "above all others". The ceremony recorded and a
DVD available.

Like the suicide bomber tapes. Classy.

I think your volunteers are all among those who can’t show proof of vaccination.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #13844 on: August 11, 2021, 05:30:41 PM »

The French Foreign Legion needs to welcome new Catholics from Latin America, and from the Philippines, etc, it would be good to strengthen France at this time.

Salute,

Tony V.
Pages: 1 ... 921 922 [923] 924 925 ... 2924