Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 923 924 [925] 926 927 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 752510 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #13860 on: August 11, 2021, 07:38:40 PM »

I didn’t think anyone could annoy me as much as Joe Manchin... then along came Gottheimer.

Damned if these “Moderates” aren’t doing their best to fuck things up.

They won’t succeed but sheesh! At least act like you give a damn about the voters that put you in the majority.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #13861 on: August 11, 2021, 07:46:17 PM »

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #13863 on: August 11, 2021, 08:06:59 PM »

My guess is that the reason a majority see the Squad and other new Democrats as denigrating law enforcement is because they are absorbing the narrative of the Right, promoted widely on social media and right-leaning media outlets.  If you actually listen to what the new Dems are saying, it doesn't quite fit that narrative, but who has time to read or research, 'miright?  Just go with the soundbite!

Bad guess.

Thanks for demonstrating my point.

Omar, por ejemplo, wants a federal oversight committee for local policing.  Her proposals have come under quite valid criticism. I'll pause while you develop your "point".

Policing is local but the policing problem is national.

International, but decidedly national, as well.
says who?

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13864 on: August 11, 2021, 08:14:05 PM »

Says no one you’ve been practicing your Nazi salutes with. So what does it matter to you?
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #13865 on: August 11, 2021, 08:21:39 PM »

While republicans hold rallies to promote their criminal conduct, Democrats go about the hard work of saving the economy and guiding the country toward better times.

It’s good we have one party left to vote for now republicans have turned terrorist for all intents and purposes.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #13866 on: August 11, 2021, 08:44:55 PM »

DeSantis, like most republican governors, doesn’t have a fucking clue what is going on in his state.

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/2021/8/11/2045141/-Biden-bails-out-Florida-as-DeSantis-continues-to-sink-his-state-with-ignorance

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13867 on: August 11, 2021, 10:17:59 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/11/politics/separated-migrant-families/index.html

Hundreds of children separated from their families by the Trump administration still have not been reunited with their families
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #13868 on: August 11, 2021, 11:32:16 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/11/politics/separated-migrant-families/index.html

Hundreds of children separated from their families by the Trump administration still have not been reunited with their families

The cruelty is the point

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13869 on: August 12, 2021, 12:33:32 AM »

https://www.clarionledger.com/story/news/2021/08/11/mississippi-hospitals-garnering-federal-help-amid-covid-19-resurge/5542846001

Just remember, though.

Kid assures you that there is no bed shortage in the hospitals and no kids are dying from COVID.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #13870 on: August 12, 2021, 05:07:36 AM »

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #13871 on: August 12, 2021, 08:25:22 AM »

Biden on Afghanistan: Not my problem
https://www.politico.com/news/2021/08/11/biden-afghanistan-not-my-problem-503928

No more troops at risk but sad to see the primitives take over but that is what they want?
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

Holly Martins

« Reply #13872 on: August 12, 2021, 10:24:19 AM »

Superpowers have been coming into Afghanistan for decades,  pouring in hundreds of billions,  trying to fix things,  and it doesn't work.   Joe is a realist who's figured that out. 
Money would be better spent on old-fashioned foreign aid,  where the rich countries send peaceful assistance in building infrastructure and make sure corrupt officials don't pocket the money.   

Holly Martins

« Reply #13873 on: August 12, 2021, 10:31:00 AM »

I didn’t think anyone could annoy me as much as Joe Manchin... then along came Gottheimer.

Damned if these “Moderates” aren’t doing their best to fuck things up.

They won’t succeed but sheesh! At least act like you give a damn about the voters that put you in the majority.

Is Gottheimer one of the Problem Solvers?   

Politicians answer now to their donors,  not their constituents (who usually only are a tiny percent of donors these days).   Somewhere a while ago I read that something like only ten percent of campaign donations (percent of the dollar figure) now come from the average congressperson's district.   AOC was unusual,  in having a higher amount in-district,  and actually having spent most of her life there.   

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13874 on: August 12, 2021, 11:04:12 AM »

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.
Pages: 1 ... 923 924 [925] 926 927 ... 2924