Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 945 946 [947] 948 949 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 752085 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #14190 on: August 16, 2021, 04:28:07 PM »

Trump had the right idea, sort of.
Immigration bans.

If they're not on your soil ...they can't blow you up.

The Boston bombers should've been booted out the minute Russia warned about.
They were allowed to stay, and look what happened.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14191 on: August 16, 2021, 04:39:48 PM »

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/2021/8/16/2046211/--The-only-person-who-absolutely-cannot-be-blamed-for-the-war-in-Afghanistan-is-Rep-Barbara-Lee

This unspeakable act on the United States has really forced me, however, to rely on my moral compass, my conscious, and my God for direction. September 11th changed the world. Our deepest fears now haunt us, yet I am convinced that military action will not prevent further acts of international terrorism against the United States. This is a very complex and complicated matter.

Really?  The US doing nothing would have had....what result, exactly?

She is a pacifist.  I get it.  But this is real life.

An Iraq invasion sized police action to wrap up al qaeda in Afghanistan and hem in the Taliban and their Saudi and Pakistani allies combined with a serious diplomatic focus on the region, a timely weaning from oil, and a fuckton less jingoism from chicken hawks like the dog’s vomit you prefer to lead you would be a nice start.

While the ship has sailed on the first item, several of the others are still very possible.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2021, 04:41:47 PM by facilitatorn »
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #14192 on: August 16, 2021, 04:42:46 PM »

Immigration bans.

I’m much more concerned about our home grown terror networks of white supremacists.

They keep trying to scare us. They keep telling us to be on the lookout for Al-Qaeda. I ain't scared of Al-Qaeda! I'm from Brooklyn... I don't give a fuck about Al-Qaeda, man! Shit, motherfuck Al-Qaeda. Shit. Did Al-Qaeda blow up the building in Oklahoma? NO! Did Al-Qaeda put anthrax in your mail? NO! Did Al-Qaeda drag James Byrd onto the street till his eyeballs popped out of his fuckin' head? NO! I ain't scared of Al-Qaeda! I'm scared of Al-Cracka!”/size]

Chris Rock

Al Qaeda didn’t kill Heather in Charlottesville!

Al Qaeda didn’t attack the UNITED STATES of AMERICA on January 6, 2021.

So shut up about Afghanistan because no party has clean hands and the MIC is guilty of pushing bad foreign policy for profit.

“This is a big shit sandwich and everyone has to take a bite.”
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #14193 on: August 16, 2021, 04:44:44 PM »

Immigration bans.

Very few things you say are the right idea are ever in any way the right idea. None of the things you say are the right idea that are the right idea can be attributed in any way to trump.

Let that be your guide to navigating your way out of a trap as deep as Red’s rectum.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #14194 on: August 16, 2021, 04:45:31 PM »

We rebuilt Japan and Germany and they are both wealthy and peaceful now. And we still have troops there. 

General MacArthur wrote the constitution for Japan himself. 

To say that the USA does not do nation building is bullshit, we damn well have done nation building.

Look at Germany and Japan. We did not just destroy them and then leave them to their own device. We helped Japan and Germany to rebuild. And then we even fought to bring down the Berlin Wall. We forgave Germany and we helped to bring down the Berlin Wall. 

We know how to fix Afghanistan. You lay the foundation, and you build on the foundation. And they need a peace-time economy. And they need public swimming pools, etc.

We did not just remove Hitler, and then let Germany fall back to the Nazis. We rebuilt Germany, and we still have troops there.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #14195 on: August 16, 2021, 04:45:55 PM »

What Joe could do would be to tell the Taliban not to touch any of the interpreters etc on their list of people who helped the US...or else.
Or else...BOOM!
"Hello Taliban leader, how are you today?
I have a message for you:
If you start murdering people now...then I'll start murdering you and yours now, starting with your Palace home.'

Joe stuffed up the US' exit.
Donald's peace deal with the Taliban...misguided folly.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #14196 on: August 16, 2021, 04:47:34 PM »

We rebuilt Japan and Germany and they are both wealthy and peaceful now. And we still have troops there.

General MacArthur wrote the constitution for Japan himself.

To say that the USA does not do nation building is bullshit, we damn well have done nation building.

Look at Germany and Japan. We did not just destroy them and then leave them to their own device. We helped Japan and Germany to rebuild. And then we even fought to bring down the Berlin Wall. We forgave Germany and we helped to bring down the Berlin Wall.

We know how to fix Afghanistan. You lay the foundation, and you build on the foundation. And they need a peace-time economy. And they need public swimming pools, etc.

We did not just remove Hitler, and then let Germany fall back to the Nazis. We rebuilt Germany, and we still have troops there.

Salute,

Tony V.

Apples and Oranges, bruh

Afghanistan the Graveyard of Empires
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #14197 on: August 16, 2021, 04:48:10 PM »

That nation building was before the Russians bought the GOP through their Australian go-between, Tony.

The infected right limb has grown malignant and must now be removed to save the body.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #14198 on: August 16, 2021, 04:49:08 PM »

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• View Profile

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #14200 on: August 16, 2021, 04:51:46 PM »

That nation building was before the Russians bought the GOP through their Australian go-between, Tony.

The infected right limb has grown malignant and must now be removed to save the body.

Australia has proven to be an enemy of the USA through the cultural destruction wreaked upon us by Murdoch and Mark Burnett.

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #14201 on: August 16, 2021, 05:00:27 PM »

Leon Panetta has a suggestion for Joe.
It makes sense

In many ways, I think of John Kennedy and the Bay of Pigs, you know?" Panetta said. "It unfolded quickly and the president thought that everything would be fine and that was not the case. But President Kennedy took responsibility for what took place. I strongly recommend to President Biden that he take responsibility and admit the mistakes that were made."

“I stand firmly behind my decision.”

“I am the President of the United States and the buck stops with me.”

As it should be

Admirable - yet assumed quality

TOAST.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #14202 on: August 16, 2021, 05:01:17 PM »

I hate watching the Evacuation of Saigon reprise and knowing what is coming for the people of Kabul and Afghanistan makes me shudder, let alone our former associates whose heads are on the literal chopping block.

But perhaps the worst part of this, for me, is the deep doubt I have that our government will have learned any lessons from it, whether the GOP cheering section hoping for Biden to screw up or the overly optimistic Dems.

Can't trust the Taliban.

Can't trust the GOP, who insisted we trust the Taliban.

Can't trust the Dems, who insisted we trust the GOP.

What we should have trusted is a century or two of history.  Britain, Russia, US - all the same result there.  The vanity of each country thinking their model of government applies to all other countries no matter what its culture. 

Props to Canada for stepping up and really helping to take in refugees who would face the scimitar if they stayed.
They don't call Afghanistan the Graveyard of Empires for nothing. We are paying now for changing our focus to bogus WMDs in Iraq. But I am not sure it matters. I have not heard a permanent solution to the problem from any of the critics of the Biden pullout. If the status quo had not resulted in a stable Afghanistan in 20 years, how long is simply maintaining the status quo going to last? It looks like 20 years of nation building across three administrations failed.

My radio's American man American correspondent says that US was providing the spine of the Afghan military...air cover, air support etc.
He said that of course when that spine was removed the whole military was going to and did collapse.
"We have 30,000 troops still in Germany, and thousands of troops in other countries around the world keeping the peace.
We didn't leave Europe after WW2, what would Russia have done to Germany if we had left?"...he said.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2021, 05:07:03 PM by bambu. »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #14203 on: August 16, 2021, 05:01:24 PM »

Cmon Larry - climb aboard the Harris train.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #14204 on: August 16, 2021, 05:11:12 PM »

That Black comedian spoke from the stage:

"Black people hate White people".
Pages: 1 ... 945 946 [947] 948 949 ... 2924