Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 956 957 [958] 959 960 ... 2925

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 752945 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #14355 on: August 18, 2021, 01:53:37 PM »

Sounds like Trump listened to his generals, where Joe has not - putting us in the current quagmire

Wrong.

Former Defense Secretary Mark Esper said Tuesday that he was concerned that then-President Donald Trump "undermined" the US' 2020 agreement with the Taliban by pushing for US forces to leave Afghanistan without the Taliban meeting the conditions of the deal.

But he didnt

Thats the point
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #14356 on: August 18, 2021, 01:54:54 PM »

Please - you all embarrass yourselves with the spin

It was a (current administration) fuckup.  Everyone including CNN and MSNBC has said so.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14357 on: August 18, 2021, 02:09:52 PM »

These doses will be rushed into the arms of 16-40 year olds.

Tony's photo of Ms Jaberi made me yearn for the days when I could be rushed into the arms of 16-40 year olds.

You can be,  it's simple...buy a boat, hold parties, splash the cash

http://youtu.be/8NNn6Fc_R6E

Hands of the young Shelias, Bambi. It won’t workout the way you hope it will.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #14358 on: August 18, 2021, 02:12:46 PM »

It was a (current administration) fuckup.  Everyone including CNN and MSNBC has said so.

It is a current administration clean up.

Republicans never can recognize their own messes.

Is GOP brainworm reversible?

Does science have an answer?

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #14359 on: August 18, 2021, 02:22:26 PM »

Yeah... No.

Shaddap

https://www.newsweek.com/gop-removes-webpage-praising-trumps-historic-peace-deal-taliban-1619605
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #14360 on: August 18, 2021, 02:27:36 PM »

The people of Afghanistan are protesting against the Taliban control. The people are waking up to the realities, and they are aware now of the urgency, and they are protesting. We need to support the protesters, and we need to arm the protesters against the Taliban.

So how can we do this?

Remove the Taliban, and organize an election and elect a legitimate President for Afghanistan and help them to elect a legitimate government.

And have the United Nations, NATO, the French Foreign Legion, and Spain and others provide security while we help the people of Afghanistan to establish a good peace-time economy. We can send them ships full of cotton seeds, and sheep, etc, and they can grow apple trees, etc. Afghanistan needs a good peace-time economy.

Guys like Besos could help the people of Afghanstian if they wanted. And Afghanstian can expand trade with China, they can send apples to China, etc.

I do not want a civil war. I just want to quickly remove the Taliban and establish a legitimate government and then establish a good peace-time economy.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #14361 on: August 18, 2021, 02:34:04 PM »

These doses will be rushed into the arms of 16-40 year olds.

Tony's photo of Ms Jaberi made me yearn for the days when I could be rushed into the arms of 16-40 year olds.

You can be,  it's simple...buy a boat, hold parties, splash the cash

http://youtu.be/8NNn6Fc_R6E

Hands of the young Shelias, Bambi. It won’t workout the way you hope it will.

I wasn't the one doing the yearning.
But, money can buy you anything (legal) you want in the world, including happiness.
Houses, cars, boats, food, the company of beautiful women ( or men)...best of everything.
Drivers, cleaners, gardeners, etc (all well paid).
The good life.
A handsome rich man...every woman's dream...can have anything his heart desires.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #14362 on: August 18, 2021, 02:41:48 PM »

The people of Afghanistan are protesting against the Taliban control. The people are waking up to the realities, and they are aware now of the urgency, and they are protesting. We need to support the protesters, and we need to arm the protesters against the Taliban.

So how can we do this?

Remove the Taliban, and organize an election and elect a legitimate President for Afghanistan and help them to elect a legitimate government.

Salute,

Tony V.

Did that.
Trouble was, the Taliban were never defeated like Germany and Japan.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #14363 on: August 18, 2021, 02:48:20 PM »

So how can we do this?

And have the United Nations, NATO, the French Foreign Legion, and Spain and others provide security while we help the people of Afghanistan to establish a good peace-time economy. We can send them ships full of cotton seeds, and sheep, etc, and they can grow apple trees, etc. Afghanistan needs a good peace-time economy.

Guys like Besos could help the people of Afghanstian if they wanted. And Afghanstian can expand trade with China, they can send apples to China, etc.

I do not want a civil war. I just want to quickly remove the Taliban and establish a legitimate government and then establish a good peace-time economy.

Salute,

Tony V.

Not happening, T.

Accept.

And hope the rulers are kept a bit more in check by the international community

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #14364 on: August 18, 2021, 02:50:32 PM »

Afghan journalist reminding us what the US - the last 4 administrations - has already done for the Afghan people - especially women

Any thought that this has all been in vain is pure RUBBISH.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #14365 on: August 18, 2021, 03:05:50 PM »

Australia refused to sign the peace treaty with Japan, was totally angry with Japan for its death marches, butchery, torturing to death of POWs, bombing of Australia for 18 months in 64 raids, raid by mini subs in Sydney harbour, and murdering of nurses in the Bangka Island massacre.
"Chin up girls", said matron, "I love you and am proud of you all" she said as all the nurses were forced to walk into the sea and then machine gunned in the back.
Refused to sign the peace treaty as there were no guarantees of future security from anyone.
Maybe had ideas of still fighting Japan.
Basically how the ANZUS Alliance was born. No real guarantees of military assistance, but an alliance nonetheless.
Australia signed the peace treaty with Japan.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2021, 03:12:08 PM by bambu. »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #14366 on: August 18, 2021, 03:41:47 PM »

I met an old lady on the bus from the Philippines, and she told me a story about what happened to her Mother at the hands of the Japanese. The Japanese were calling out the people of the Philippines one at a time and then they were shooting them execution style. The Japanese were very cruel. Just as her Mother was called out to be shot, the Americans showed up and saved the people of the Philippines. The people of the Philippines love the USA very much, and some of my best friends have been from the Philippines. And General MacArthur loved the people of the Philippines very much.

The French love the Americans too, the people were very nice to me in Cannes. And the Italians were very good to me in Rome.

The world knows what happens if we refuse to stand up against evil, the evil will not stop, the evil will just get worse. We must never tire in our fight against evil.

We must not turn Afghanistan over to the Taliban.

And now is the perfect time to post this video again...

Here is an acting scene on You Tube of me doing the Second Chorus from Anouilh's Antigone. My Uncle Dennis was my cameraman (He died in January of 2012, I miss him). I did a few takes that I liked better, but this was one of the few that I made it all of the way through without any mistakes, all in 1 shot with zero editing and without a teleprompter, my Uncle Dennis got tired of shooting it, and so we had to settle on this take. I hope that you enjoy it. I will make more You Tube videos eventually.

"Antigone, an adaptation of Sophocles's classic produced in the context of the anti-fascist French resistance, is Jean Anouilh's (1910–1987) most often-produced work today. Antigone premiered in Paris in 1944, but Anouilh had written his tale of lone rebellion against the state two years earlier, inspired by an act of resistance during Paris's occupation by the Nazis. In August 1942, a young man named Paul Collette fired at and wounded a group of directors during a meeting of the collaborationist Légion des volontaires français. Collette did not belong to a Resistance network or organized political group, but acted entirely alone and in full knowledge of his certain death. For Anouilh, Collette's solitary act—at once heroic, gratuitous, and futile—captured the essence of tragedy and demanded an immediate revival of Antigone. Aware of Anouilh's thinly veiled attack on the Vichy government, the Nazis censored Antigone immediately upon its release. It premiered two years later at the Théâtre de l'Atelier in Paris under the direction of André Barsacq, a few months before Paris' liberation. The play starred (his wife) Monelle Valentin as the doomed princess." 

Here is a link for my video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NnXQpikxyk&feature=youtu.be

Hopefully you enjoy it.

Tout les meilleur,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• View Profile

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #14368 on: August 18, 2021, 05:43:05 PM »

"I found the President's speech strange"

- Dana Perino

Ya think?

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #14369 on: August 18, 2021, 06:02:24 PM »

One of the hallmarks of a good Presidential speech is that it does nothing to cater to or comfort Dana Perino.

When you spend your whole career swimming in various sewers, as she has, you become full of shit by osmosis if for no other reason.

Dana Perino really can’t be helped, poor girl.
Pages: 1 ... 956 957 [958] 959 960 ... 2925