Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 957 958 [959] 960 961 ... 2925

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 752925 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Holly Martins

Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #14371 on: August 18, 2021, 06:13:23 PM »

Officials at the World Health Organization said Wednesday that it strongly opposes booster shots for all adults in rich countries because the boosters will not help slow down the pandemic. By diverting doses away from unvaccinated people, booster shots will help drive the emergence of more dangerous mutants, say the WHO doctors.

"I'm afraid that this [booster recommendation] will only lead to more variants.... And perhaps we're heading into an even more dire situation," says WHO chief scientist Dr. Soumya Swaninathan.

The problem with a call for boosters, she says, is that the virus is primarily circulating in unvaccinated people — not in the fully vaccinated.   

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2021/08/18/1028941909/why-a-push-for-boosters-could-make-the-pandemic-even-worse

facilitatorn

• View Profile

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #14373 on: August 18, 2021, 06:19:36 PM »

One of the hallmarks of a good Presidential speech is that it does nothing to cater to or comfort Dana Perino.

He's TOAST.

(likely a medical)
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #14374 on: August 18, 2021, 06:22:07 PM »

The problem with a call for boosters, she says, is that the virus is primarily circulating in unvaccinated people — not in the fully vaccinated.   

No

The vaccinated can be super spreaders

This is why my vaccinated kid has to wear a mask in school.

Holly Martins

« Reply #14375 on: August 18, 2021, 06:47:59 PM »

The word "primarily" was your clue as to the sentence meaning.   

Holly Martins

« Reply #14376 on: August 18, 2021, 06:52:43 PM »

http://www.thebulwark.com/evacuate-our-afghan-allies-all-of-them/

Good idea - skip the paperwork,  get them aboard,  and sort out later in transitional countries. 

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #14377 on: August 18, 2021, 07:21:51 PM »

On the issue of good human rights, and good rights for women, here in the USA, we need to make our immigrants legal so that they can join labor unions so that they get fair pay and good treatment, and so that they can call the police in the case of an emergency.

And some of these women are getting raped and they are afraid to call the police. I had a neighbor from El Salvador, and her ex-husband would get drunk and come over and rape her whenever he wanted. I finally put a stop to it, he was just a little guy and I could have squashed him. I told him that if he laid another hand on her that he would have to deal with me. Women like that need to be able to call the police for help. They should not be afraid to call the police.

And no worker should be treated like a slave, we need for our people to all be able to join unions.

We need to make our immigrants legal, and we need to write a new immigration law, and we need to have easy access for our Good Neighbors here in the Western Hemisphere.

Salute,

Tony V.

kidcarter8

• View Profile

kidcarter8

• View Profile

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #14380 on: August 18, 2021, 08:30:29 PM »

“In Gallup’s polling history, presidents with job approval ratings below 50% have seen their party lose 37 House seats, on average, in midterm elections. That compares with an average loss of 14 seats when presidents had approval ratings above 50%.”

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/18/politics/joe-biden-polls-president-afghanistan/index.html

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #14381 on: August 18, 2021, 08:36:00 PM »

Your Fox link is farcical, kiddo.

With the way McCarthy so adroitly hung on to and expanded the majority he was given and accomplished so much when he held a gavel, there’s no reasons to doubt the man’s political instincts or even his grip on reality.

He’s in a very methy district so his antics play ok at home, so he personally might survive the flood. Most of his colleagues in the GOP caucus are sizing up bathtubs to drown themselves in for the 2022 cycle. Remember, the last people McCarthy will ever try to level with are those he views as potential donors.

If reports like the one you linked to cheer you up enough to stop you self harming, that’s good. The hospitals in this country are full up with the fruits of this republican death march and the lies for which republicans can never be forgiven.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2021, 09:34:50 PM by facilitatorn »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #14382 on: August 18, 2021, 08:42:12 PM »

Kid does remind us all of the urgency to pass new laws governing the drawing of congressional districts, voter registration, and the conduct of elections. A level playing field will send most of these republican candidates back to their true calling, mugging old ladies for their Social Security checks.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #14383 on: August 18, 2021, 09:18:26 PM »

Fac thinks he is keeping the House.

Cute.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #14384 on: August 18, 2021, 09:33:24 PM »

Yeah, I love Facs’ loyalty and passion, but I don’t see any way the Democrats keep the House.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2021, 09:46:35 PM by Yankguy1 »
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce
Pages: 1 ... 957 958 [959] 960 961 ... 2925