Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 958 959 [960] 961 962 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 752592 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #14385 on: August 18, 2021, 10:05:44 PM »

Sounds like Trump listened to his generals, where Joe has not - putting us in the current quagmire

Not according to his Sec'y of Defense, who you decided wasn't worth listening to.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14386 on: August 18, 2021, 10:07:37 PM »

Presidents are always apprised and available, even when on vacation.  I said as much with the previous guy.  Wasn't met kindly....but...whatever.

With the previous guy, by all reports he did not read the briefings or pay attention to the oral stuff.

So it really didn't matter where he was except for his mocking Obama for golfing when Trump golfed far more after claiming he wouldn't do it.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #14387 on: August 18, 2021, 10:40:56 PM »

Biden admin moved to dismantle protections for citizens trapped overseas months before Kabul’s fall: memo

hmmm...
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #14388 on: August 18, 2021, 11:45:25 PM »

Has Jake Sullivan graduated high school?

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #14389 on: August 19, 2021, 12:18:18 AM »

Battle Mountain, Nevada, is a great area for new immigrants, and the land is cheap. They are cowboys, like Bonanza. Nevada is great. The new immigrants will love Nevada.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_Mountain,_Nevada

And we have Merced, California, which is Spanish for Mercy. Merced is a great new place for immigrants, and the California high speed train will have a station in Merced.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merced,_California 

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14390 on: August 19, 2021, 01:05:37 AM »

Yeah, I love Facs’ loyalty and passion, but I don’t see any way the Democrats keep the House.

There are already more process servers than reporters congregating at republican debates (it’s only good TV when the front runner is the one getting the papers).

It’s also indicative of something that no 2022 republican campaign can afford to pay the prices they are being quoted for fire insurance.

To quote an HBO meme, The North remembers.

If republicans wanted to stay in politics, they never should have become an existential threat to the nation.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14391 on: August 19, 2021, 01:28:24 AM »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #14392 on: August 19, 2021, 01:44:59 AM »

http://www.politico.com/news/2021/08/18/trump-team-perdue-kemp-506194

Republican primaries should go smoothly and produce unifying candidates.

Democrats should still all run like they are 20 points behind. Retail, retail, retail. Spend big on that ground game. Be ready to get every potential voter 2 forms of valid ID and a civil rights attorney.

To help republican branding the GOP sex offender (child trafficking) and sedition trials should be captivating all spring and summer and render verdicts just as candidates are making their closing arguments.

Republican incumbents will be running on how little they knew Matt Gaetz despite all the chummy photographs, as if that were some sort of argument as to why they should be re-elected.

It also helps that 60% of people who ever crafted an effective message for republicans are now messaging against republicans with all the class and restraint they showed back when they were messaging against democrats.

Kevin may be spot on about his team heading into a perfect storm.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14393 on: August 19, 2021, 08:35:58 AM »

Has Jake Sullivan graduated high school?
Have you?
A parrot bit me.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14394 on: August 19, 2021, 11:16:43 AM »

https://www.fire.ca.gov/media/4jandlhh/top20_acres.pdf

Of the top 8 largest fires in California's recorded history, 5 of them are from 2020, with the biggest more than twice as large as any prior fire. Of those not from 2020, one is from 2018 and another from 2017 (or arguably 2012, when Nevada's acreage is included).

The 2nd largest, now, is active, already 50% larger than the former #2.

You have to drop down to #14 to get one from before 2000, a fire from 1932. And only two other fires among the top 20 came from before 2000. (Records before 1932 are considered unreliable.)

Further, as of mid-July, wildfires in California this year had scorched 3 times more land than in the same period of last year's record season.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #14395 on: August 19, 2021, 11:25:48 AM »

https://www.fire.ca.gov/media/4jandlhh/top20_acres.pdf

Of the top 8 largest fires in California's recorded history, 5 of them are from 2020, with the biggest more than twice as large as any prior fire. Of those not from 2020, one is from 2018 and another from 2017 (or arguably 2012, when Nevada's acreage is included).

The 2nd largest, now, is active, already 50% larger than the former #2.

You have to drop down to #14 to get one from before 2000, a fire from 1932. And only two other fires among the top 20 came from before 2000. (Records before 1932 are considered unreliable.)

Further, as of mid-July, wildfires in California this year had scorched 3 times more land than in the same period of last year's record season.
Recall Gavin Newsome!

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #14396 on: August 19, 2021, 11:55:07 AM »

I recall that he’s doing an excellent job as Governor. Eight more years for Gavin!

Drive dirty bomber republicans into the sea!

Holly Martins

« Reply #14397 on: August 19, 2021, 12:38:04 PM »

Sullivan...

graduated [Yale] summa cum laude with distinction in 1998 with a Bachelor of Arts.

Sullivan won a Rhodes Scholarship to attend Magdalen College, Oxford, where he studied international relations.... While at Oxford, Sullivan served as a managing editor of the Oxford International Review...

In 2000, he graduated with a Master of Philosophy in international relations. He graduated with a Juris Doctor from Yale Law School in 2003.

So,  did he graduate high school?   Hard to tell...but I bet he knows how to spell Gavin's last name,  which Red seems not to.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #14398 on: August 19, 2021, 12:41:51 PM »

Yeah, I love Facs’ loyalty and passion, but I don’t see any way the Democrats keep the House.

There are already more process servers than reporters congregating at republican debates (it’s only good TV when the front runner is the one getting the papers).

It’s also indicative of something that no 2022 republican campaign can afford to pay the prices they are being quoted for fire insurance.

If republicans wanted to stay in politics, they never should have become an existential threat to the nation.
As I said, I love your loyalty and passion.
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14399 on: August 19, 2021, 01:10:30 PM »

As I said, I love your loyalty and passion.
I am neither as optimistic is fac or as pessimistic as you. I can see a path for the Dems to hold the house, if the economy continues to improve and COVID recedes. (There is a reason why some Repos want people to fight vaccines and masks even if it costs lives.) Historical trends and redistricting argue against it, though, even with a strong economy.
A parrot bit me.
Pages: 1 ... 958 959 [960] 961 962 ... 2924