Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 959 960 [961] 962 963 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 752426 times)

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #14400 on: August 19, 2021, 01:37:56 PM »

KTLA 5 News 

4 hours · 

Afghan protesters have defied the Taliban for a second day, waving their national flag. The scattered demonstrations Thursday were met with renewed violence by the militants who are facing growing challenges to their rule.

-------

We must not allow the Taliban to return to power.

We need to support the protesters in Afghanistan.

Salute,

Tony V.

Holly Martins

« Reply #14401 on: August 19, 2021, 02:55:58 PM »

Unless FTP Act by some miracle passes, there will be gerrymander and reduced voting access and they will likely give GOP the House. 

Or,  like the Dead fan who just ran out of pot,  Republicans suddenly realize their music sounds like shit.  But party loyalty in the US has become too woven in with identity.   You could tell partisans that buggering dead girl scouts is patriotic,  and half of them would find a way to believe.   

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14402 on: August 19, 2021, 02:56:04 PM »

Yeah, I love Facs’ loyalty and passion, but I don’t see any way the Democrats keep the House.

There are already more process servers than reporters congregating at republican debates (it’s only good TV when the front runner is the one getting the papers).

It’s also indicative of something that no 2022 republican campaign can afford to pay the prices they are being quoted for fire insurance.

To quote an HBO meme, The North remembers.

If republicans wanted to stay in politics, they never should have become an existential threat to the nation.
As I said, I love your loyalty and passion.
I am neither as optimistic is fac or as pessimistic as you. I can see a path for the Dems to hold the house, if the economy continues to improve and COVID recedes. (There is a reason why some Repos want people to fight vaccines and masks even if it costs lives.) Historical trends and redistricting argue against it, though, even with a strong economy.

Republicans are using the debt ceiling to blow up the filibuster opening the way to timely and popular election and campaign reform legislation. If that has not come to pass by Halloween, ratfucking republicans in and out of their putrid nest gets cranked up to 11. That’s completely outside and beyond how they’ve run themselves afoul of the law.

They’ve also got to figure out how to wrangle their trump without letting him syphon every last dollar out of their organization. Maybe they can turn to Atlantic City for some advice.

We’ve got a lot of organizing to do, getting the word out, and legal trench warfare, but even with midterm history and republican election suppression mania I like our hand much better than the one held by the rightwing forces of brutal oppression and moronic decay.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Holly Martins

« Reply #14403 on: August 19, 2021, 03:09:31 PM »

But it's hard to win in swing zones if you call Republicans brutal oppressors and decaying morons.   And Independents can be fussy babies,  who blanch and soil themselves when things get hot.   (one reason I no longer ID myself as an Independent -- I've grown tired of the company there)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14404 on: August 19, 2021, 03:42:12 PM »

KTLA 5 News

4 hours ·

Afghan protesters have defied the Taliban for a second day, waving their national flag. The scattered demonstrations Thursday were met with renewed violence by the militants who are facing growing challenges to their rule.

-------

We must not allow the Taliban to return to power.

Tony V.
Why is that our job?
A parrot bit me.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #14405 on: August 19, 2021, 04:27:01 PM »

But it's hard to win in swing zones if you call Republicans brutal oppressors and decaying morons.   And Independents can be fussy babies,  who blanch and soil themselves when things get hot.   (one reason I no longer ID myself as an Independent -- I've grown tired of the company there)

I’m not a politician. I’m not delivering political messaging for the most part. When I do I try to signify that it is a political message.

Candidates should make a strong case that they love most people, respect all people, and that they are working for the good of all. To what extent voters believe them is another matter.

As a citizen, I feel republicans should be pelted out of public spaces whenever they appear. The filthier the pelting, the better. I’m not sure how many places that’s a platform, though as republicans keep performing as they do, the spread of that sentiment is growing. Candidates should of course run to the concerns of their constituents, valuing their needs, dignity, and aspirations.

It doesn’t mean you have to play nice attacking the republican machine or that you shouldn’t prepare for illegal, insane, and evil from every GOP contender. It’s who they are and what they do.

Governing on behalf of people who vote republican is part of the job, suffering the people who get people to vote republican is how we wind up sliding more and more toward being a failed state.

Take the dirty money and the hardened criminals out of republican politics, and what’s left is perfectly welcome to carry on as republicans or even as something else.

facilitatorn

• View Profile

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #14407 on: August 19, 2021, 05:28:10 PM »

Yeah, I love Facs’ loyalty and passion, but I don’t see any way the Democrats keep the House.

There are already more process servers than reporters congregating at republican debates (it’s only good TV when the front runner is the one getting the papers).

It’s also indicative of something that no 2022 republican campaign can afford to pay the prices they are being quoted for fire insurance.

To quote an HBO meme, The North remembers.

If republicans wanted to stay in politics, they never should have become an existential threat to the nation.
As I said, I love your loyalty and passion.
I am neither as optimistic is fac or as pessimistic as you. I can see a path for the Dems to hold the house, if the economy continues to improve and COVID recedes. (There is a reason why some Repos want people to fight vaccines and masks even if it costs lives.) Historical trends and redistricting argue against it, though, even with a strong economy.

If the Senate passes the Econ and voting Rights legislation you can toss historic trends out the window.

But Moderate Democrats...
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #14408 on: August 19, 2021, 05:30:33 PM »

Unless FTP Act by some miracle passes, there will be gerrymander and reduced voting access and they will likely give GOP the House. 

Or,  like the Dead fan who just ran out of pot,  Republicans suddenly realize their music sounds like shit.  But party loyalty in the US has become too woven in with identity.   You could tell partisans that buggering dead girl scouts is patriotic,  and half of them would find a way to believe.

Why will it take a miracle for a Democratic majority to pass legislation to preserve and protect our democracy?

What the fuck is wrong with the Moderate Democrsts?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14409 on: August 19, 2021, 05:33:08 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/19/weather/greenland-summit-rain-climate-change/index.html

Rain at the summit of Greenland for the first time ever (that we know of).
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #14410 on: August 19, 2021, 05:34:44 PM »

You don’t have to tell 5he truth about the GOP.

Just say, “Look what we’re doing for the country! Are you better off now than you were before?”

When Dems understand the Republicans are attacking EVERYONE’s voting rights, they’ll stop being assholes and that goes especially the jokers in the Problem Solvers caucus.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2021, 05:37:12 PM by LarryBnDC »

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14411 on: August 19, 2021, 05:35:07 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/19/politics/roger-wicker-tests-positive-covid/index.html

Wicker, King, and Hickenlooper all vaxed and all COVID-positive.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14412 on: August 19, 2021, 05:39:43 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/19/us/colorado-1864-proclamation-rescinded-native-trnd/index.html

Colorado no longer officially encourages its citizens to kill Natives.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14413 on: August 19, 2021, 05:51:23 PM »

About two dozen State Department officials serving at the embassy in Kabul sent an internal memo to Secretary of State Antony Blinken and another top State Department official last month warning of the potential collapse of Kabul soon after the Aug. 31 troop withdrawal deadline, according to a U.S. official and a person familiar with the cable.

The cable, sent via the State Department’s confidential dissent channel, warned of rapid territorial gains by the Taliban and the subsequent collapse of Afghan security forces, and offered recommendations on ways to mitigate the crisis and speed up an evacuation, the two people said...

The classified cable represents the clearest evidence yet that the administration had been warned by its own officials on the ground that the Taliban’s advance was imminent and Afghanistan’s military may be unable to stop it.

From WSJ.com

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #14414 on: August 19, 2021, 06:31:38 PM »

Note to the women of Afghanistan:

Keep your knives sharp and handy...

learn how to dispose of corpses (I'm sure you have seen it done)

in a year or less the Taliban will get the message not to fuck with you!

Afghan women armed with knives V Taliban men armed with guns...
Taliban men win.
Not even foreign armies with guns could beat the Taliban...without killing civilians.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.
Pages: 1 ... 959 960 [961] 962 963 ... 2924