Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 969 970 [971] 972 973 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 751850 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #14550 on: August 21, 2021, 03:48:45 PM »

Like the way you and Red obsessed over Obama?

shhhhh.....

Certainly didnt near as much - and not after he was long gone
1. Bull shit.

2. Trump is not gone, let alone long gone.

In fact he’s sacrificing the lives of more of his followers to his twist of insane lusts today in Cullman, Alabama.

I guess its good that you guys are keeping tabs

But you may wish to spend some time on other potential candidates, including your own

heh

- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Holly Martins

« Reply #14551 on: August 21, 2021, 03:48:53 PM »

Bart you seemed to minimize the 9/11 attacks and the US emotion driven blood lust response to an act of war on our country in our country, that in hours cost 3,000 innocent victims, some of whom I knew well, as just an act of vandalism.

See my two replies to Hamster.   Hope that resolves this.   

Nor did I suggest appeasement.  Just have a low regard for Forever Wars that do not really address the roots of terrorism.   No offense to you, or your concerns that I somehow transformed overnight into a sociopath, but I think I've made my clarifications in good faith and am now done.   

Holly Martins

« Reply #14552 on: August 21, 2021, 04:01:05 PM »

BTW

Honey not vinegar was part of the ironic suggestion that buying them all IPhones would have been more useful than our idiotic military actions.  IRONY.   NOT LITERAL.    It was in reply to Red's post (which some long-ass Tony post came between Reds post and my reply and thus obscured that I was replying to him),  and was,  again,  an ironic comment on the foolish expenditures in Afghanistan.   

Not sure if it's possible to more thoroughly misunderstand a post,  stripped of context,  but keep trying y'all.   

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #14553 on: August 21, 2021, 04:03:11 PM »

You still provide no context here,  so what am I rebutting?   If some Americans are staying because they are there and want to be there to help at-risk Afghans escape retribution, then that would be rather a different situation,  wouldn't it?   Provide the context and motives,  then I know what I am agreeing with or rebutting.   

Situation being fluid as it is, you are responding to a past scenario -

now it is Americans being told to not even attempt going to the airport

I assume those that are at Kabul Airport already are

a)  being treated well

b)  being nourished and provided proper utilities

c)  HIGH ON THE LIST TO GET ON PLANES WHEN THEY ARE AVILABLE

I have no information that any of A-C are optimal for US citizens - just a hope and a prayer, as everyone needs to be satisfied with at the moment.  Tough, tough spot we are in.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #14554 on: August 21, 2021, 04:10:13 PM »

Disney is my favorite local company, and my Grandfather's Brother worked at Disneyland as a Stagecoach Driver, he drove people around Disneyland in a stagecoach. Disney is a great company which has done a lot for Southern California.

And Disney has great Leadership Training, where the leaders of the future can go to learn to be leaders and to learn how to stop being victims.

https://www.disneyinstitute.com/disneys-approach-leadership-excellence/

People need to study, and learn, and lead with wisdom, and we need to stop being victims.

Disney is a great American company.

Salute,

Tony V.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #14555 on: August 21, 2021, 04:17:15 PM »

Bart you seemed to minimize the 9/11 attacks and the US emotion driven blood lust response to an act of war on our country in our country, that in hours cost 3,000 innocent victims, some of whom I knew well, as just an act of vandalism.

Nor did I suggest appeasement.  Just have a low regard for Forever Wars that do not really address the roots of terrorism.   No offense to you, or your concerns that I somehow transformed overnight into a sociopath, but I think I've made my clarifications in good faith and am now done.

Bart

You certainly suggested it. That you don't recognize the meanings of your own words, is another matter.

And that you deleted your words of appeasement from the above quote is also telling.

And I made no suggestion you were a sociopath, you may be, but I've no clear indication of that. I just noted you seemed to think offering honey to terrorists who killed 3,000 US citizens would have been an adequate solution.

I'm not sure that would have sufficed.

For them or us.

Btw, type of honey do you favor Bart?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2021, 04:20:57 PM by bankshot1 »

Holly Martins

« Reply #14556 on: August 21, 2021, 04:19:33 PM »

Spent morning on renovation project so am happy to sit,  do some copy/paste on the fluid situation in Kabul....I think this clarifies a bit:

KABUL, Afghanistan (AP) — Potential Islamic State threats against Americans in Afghanistan are forcing the U.S. military to develop new ways to get evacuees to the airport in Kabul, a senior U.S. official said Saturday, adding a new complication to the already chaotic efforts to get people out of the country after its swift fall to the Taliban.

The official said that small groups of Americans and possibly other civilians will be given specific instructions on what to do, including movement to transit points where they can be gathered up by the military. The official spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss military operations.

The changes come as the U.S. Embassy issued a new security warning Saturday telling citizens not to travel to the Kabul airport without individual instruction from a U.S. government representative. Officials declined to provide more specifics about the IS threat but described it as significant. They said there have been no confirmed attacks as yet.   

Holly Martins

« Reply #14557 on: August 21, 2021, 04:30:45 PM »

Bart

You certainly suggested it. That you don't recognize the meanings of your own words, is another matter.

And I made no suggestion you were a sociopath, you may be, but I've no clear indication of that. I just noted you seemed to think offering honey to terrorists who killed 3,000 US citizens would have been an adequate solution.

OK,  I think I see what happened.   A sarcastic comment to Red,  taken from context because I got cross-posted, was taken in earnest.  I was not suggesting literally paying off anyone,  least of all active members of Al Qaeda back in 2001.  I should have made the sarcasm more vivid, maybe something like "gosh,  giving every Afghan a microwave and a Gift Card to Walmart would have worked better than our foreign policy. " 

I did say something a day or two before about having the CIA, back then,  send in a wetworks team to take out Bin Laden instead of massive rounds of bombing for years and years while corrupt politicians shipped our money gifts to Dubai for safekeeping.  But that context was also absent,  I gather.   No one can read every post,  got that.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #14558 on: August 21, 2021, 04:32:37 PM »

I’ve been banned on Twitter!

Larry Bellinger
@LarryBnDC
@w_terrence The only way you could be a bigger Sambo/Coon is if you were taller.
Aug 20, 2021, 8:49 PM

My COON cheese, named after the company's founder Mr Coon, has been renamed CHEER cheese.
The company did not have to change the name, but did so because after requests it realised that the original name had become upsetting to some people.
All praise to the company.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14559 on: August 21, 2021, 04:35:06 PM »

Like the way you and Red obsessed over Obama?

shhhhh.....

Certainly didnt near as much - and not after he was long gone
1. Bull shit.

2. Trump is not gone, let alone long gone.

In fact he’s sacrificing the lives of more of his followers to his twist of insane lusts today in Cullman, Alabama.

I guess its good that you guys are keeping tabs

But you may wish to spend some time on other potential candidates, including your own

heh

The GOP governors are making life miserable for the citizens of the states they afflict, the ones they haven’t already killed off. There are no candidates in the Senate due to combination of corruption, cowardice and insanity endemic to the GOP.

Grifters will jump in early, MTG and Catlin Jenner for example.

If either Tucker or Hannity are considering it, they should be chucked off the roof of the building they work in before they further embarrass themselves.

Dems have a good President in place who will be re-elected handily. Our vastly talented bench is doing other work in coordination with the administration improving the conditions and prospects of this great nation. He won’t face any serious opposition from within the party.

Trump is still the most dangerous anti-American terrorist alive today. His circle is the most dangerous criminal terror network. Naturally we pay attention.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #14560 on: August 21, 2021, 04:38:44 PM »

Some of the insults hurled back and forth by posters in this  forum are very childish.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #14561 on: August 21, 2021, 04:42:37 PM »

facilitatorn, we must support Gavin Newsom, and then in the next election we can bring in some women to run, such as Sabrina Cervantes of Corona, California.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sabrina_Cervantes

Sabrina would make a great governor, maybe, she is doing a great job for Corona.

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #14562 on: August 21, 2021, 04:59:31 PM »

Bart

And that you deleted your words of appeasement from the above quote is also telling.

I'm not sure that would have sufficed.

For them or us.

Btw, type of honey do you favor Bart?

It’s better not to conflate al Qaeda and Afghanistan or al Qaeda and the Taliban. Beating the shit out of al Qaeda was by all means called for. Pairing that action with partnered investment and diplomacy was a better option than occupation through a bogus puppet government.

Instead of pursuing neocon neocolonialism, we could have gone after al Qaeda’s strong holds within the Saudi financial networks. Bindar Bush prevented that from happening, so we left the funds in place to help things like ISIS metastasize.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #14563 on: August 21, 2021, 05:16:05 PM »

facilitatorn, we must support Gavin Newsom, and then in the next election we can bring in some women to run, such as Sabrina Cervantes of Corona, California.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sabrina_Cervantes

Sabrina would make a great governor, maybe, she is doing a great job for Corona.

Salute,

Tony V.

I got my ballot.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #14564 on: August 21, 2021, 05:18:50 PM »

http://www.politico.com/news/2021/08/21/minnesota-gop-in-ruins-shocking-scandal-506487

This needs to happen more states.

Republicans everywhere have already laid the groundwork by simply being themselves.
Pages: 1 ... 969 970 [971] 972 973 ... 2924