Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 976 977 [978] 979 980 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 751572 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #14655 on: August 22, 2021, 09:57:53 PM »

Sergeant Markoff was in the French Foreign Legion...
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #14656 on: August 22, 2021, 10:04:39 PM »

Biden says he was bound by terms in Afghanistan negotiated by Trump.
( laughable)

But
Trump repeatedly demonstrated that he was willing to use air power to protect U.S. personnel and to bomb an Islamic would-be caliphate.
So the Taliban waited until Trump was gone.
Imagine that.

Biden?
Whoosh!

I'm forever blowing bubbles,
Pretty bubbles in the air,
They fly so high,
Nearly reach the sky,
Then like my dreams,
They fade and die.
Fortune's always hiding,
I've looked everywhere,
I'm forever blowing bubbles,
Pretty bubbles in the air.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14657 on: August 22, 2021, 11:03:21 PM »

Playboy needs to do a magazine full of pictures of beautiful naked women from Afghanistan, and Playboy can help the men of the world to fall in love with the women of Afghanistan. And Playboy might help the women of Afghanistan to be loved and adored, in an otherwise cold and cruel world. Playboy might also promote the French Foreign Legion.

Salute,

Tony V.

And to hell with the less attractive women who don't make the cut in Tony's world.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• View Profile

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #14661 on: August 23, 2021, 02:53:23 AM »

http://www.salon.com/2021/08/21/the-dark-history-of-the-great-replacement-tucker-carlsons-racist-fantasy-has-deep-roots/

We should conscript Tucker to be our ambassador to Mars.

Fox can easily replace him.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #14662 on: August 23, 2021, 06:30:08 AM »

Playboy needs to do a magazine full of pictures of beautiful naked women from Afghanistan, and Playboy can help the men of the world to fall in love with the women of Afghanistan. And Playboy might help the women of Afghanistan to be loved and adored, in an otherwise cold and cruel world. Playboy might also promote the French Foreign Legion.

Salute,

Tony V.

Playboy magazine with naked Muslim women in it?
Yikes, America would be burnt to the ground.

The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #14663 on: August 23, 2021, 06:38:55 AM »

My no1 morning radio host today called the Taliban "murderous bastards" as he detailed what they've been doing since taking Kabul.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Holly Martins

« Reply #14665 on: August 23, 2021, 09:22:47 AM »

I really want to know Tony's back story to the French Foreign Legion.
I keep thinking Spain is either a brilliant absurdist touch, or else it holds the same significance for him King  Charles's head held for Mr. Dick.

...And we come full circle to The Kite Runner.   

Holly Martins

« Reply #14666 on: August 23, 2021, 09:28:38 AM »

Salute,

Tony V.

Playboy magazine with naked Muslim women in it?
Yikes, America would be burnt to the ground.

Hence my comment on him getting an alias.   Kurt Westergaard (and the 80-or so men in Denmark with that name) is worth Googling.

America seems to do fine burning itself to the ground.  IIRC,  our wildfires now cover an area larger than Massachusetts.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14667 on: August 23, 2021, 09:33:17 AM »

I really want to know Tony's back story to the French Foreign Legion.
I keep thinking Spain is either a brilliant absurdist touch, or else it holds the same significance for him King  Charles's head held for Mr. Dick.

...And we come full circle to The Kite Runner.
Well played.
A parrot bit me.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14668 on: August 23, 2021, 09:44:12 AM »

Biden says he was bound by terms in Afghanistan negotiated by Trump.
( laughable)
There you go. It is like the Status of Forces Agreement in Iraq: sure the Repos entered into an international agreement, but blame the Democrats for honoring it.
But
Trump repeatedly demonstrated that he was willing to use air power to protect U.S. personnel and to bomb an Islamic would-be caliphate.
As did the administration Joe Biden served as VP.
So the Taliban waited until Trump was gone.
More accurately, they waited for the date, NEGOTIATED BY TRUMP, that we were to have our forces out, and when, AS NEGOTIATED BY TRUMP, we had pledged to not interfere with their advance militarily, provided they did not shoot at us.
Imagine that.
Yes, international agreements have consequences. But it was the right thing to do when Trump negotiated it, and it is the right thing to do now.
Biden?
Clean up on aisle 4.
Whoosh!
The sound of a right wing talking point as it zips through your head without pausing for thought or fact check.
A parrot bit me.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #14669 on: August 23, 2021, 10:09:36 AM »

Motherfucking Moderate Democrats trying snatch defeat... as usual:

I understand the concept of half a loaf is better than no loaf exception this situation getting the whole loaf is ENTIRELY WITHIN YOUR GRASP!

Stupid but normal for moderates who negotiated against themselves with the ACA and gave the nation half of what was needed and cost themselves the majority in the midterms of 2010...

And led to Trump.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/08/22/reconciliation-can-wait-lets-do-infrastructure-first/

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 976 977 [978] 979 980 ... 2924