Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 987 988 [989] 990 991 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 751304 times)

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #14820 on: August 24, 2021, 07:34:40 PM »

Never been clear how a country that's a poorly conceived patchwork of about five distinct countries who don't like each other is worth soaking American taxpayers for two trillion dollars because of terrorists who can melt across remote borders whenever things get sticky.   

I'm sure there's a humdinger of a reason!
Funny how you kept your fears quiet during the Obama years.
Well Obama gave the thumbs up to killing Bin Laden.
Biden said no.
Compare Bin Laden to MacBeth.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2021, 11:55:52 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #14821 on: August 24, 2021, 07:39:46 PM »

Never been clear how a country that's a poorly conceived patchwork of about five distinct countries who don't like each other is worth soaking American taxpayers for two trillion dollars because of terrorists who can melt across remote borders whenever things get sticky.   

Yep.

Ask Bechtel, Halliburton, Raytheon and the rest of the ‘Defense Industry’ if it was worth it.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #14822 on: August 24, 2021, 07:41:10 PM »

Livestock drug.

Discuss.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #14823 on: August 24, 2021, 07:48:14 PM »

As for Hefner,  he promotes a demeaning view of women,  and is about as much use to women's rights as Hitler was to Jewish rights.   

ummmm.......errrr.....

no.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #14824 on: August 24, 2021, 08:00:41 PM »

Livestock drug.

Discuss.

Good for Bojack Horseman, not good for you.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Holly Martins

« Reply #14825 on: August 24, 2021, 08:57:23 PM »

As for Hefner,  he promotes a demeaning view of women,  and is about as much use to women's rights as Hitler was to Jewish rights.   

ummmm.......errrr.....

no.

Um, er, yes.   I assume the Hitler comparison was meant as hyperbole,  not as a straight comparison.   

Holly Martins

« Reply #14826 on: August 24, 2021, 09:01:53 PM »

Astonishing as it now must seem,  I don't post all my opinions here on this board.  My doubts (fears would be overstating) about land wars in Asia have been held since the early seventies.   As LB points out,  we have a welfare program for the war industry.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #14827 on: August 24, 2021, 09:13:07 PM »

Obama called the Taliban a "JV" team.

We must not allow the Taliban to return to power.

The world needs to speak up.

I watched a guy on television from NATO and he does not support the Taliban.

We must not fear the Taliban, we need to stand up and remove them, and we must allow the people of Afghanistan to have a free and fair election.

I am sure that the world supports a free and fair election in Afghanistan. The world needs to speak up.

Salute,

Tony V.

Tried to defeat them...didn't work out well.
They won, COW lost, oh well...the mission to kill OBL was successful, that's something.
Joe should send the Taliban a text:

"If we have to come back to Afghanistan........"

Signed:
Happy (make me sad at your own peril) Joe.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #14828 on: August 24, 2021, 09:40:42 PM »

Astonishing as it now must seem,  I don't post all my opinions here on this board.  My doubts (fears would be overstating) about land wars in Asia have been held since the early seventies.   As LB points out,  we have a welfare program for the war industry.
A welfare program for the “ war industry”?
Boy  I bet that is special.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #14829 on: August 24, 2021, 09:43:08 PM »

CNN reporter tweet about Pelosi.

“I asked Pelosi about the deal she reached with moderates when she walked off the House floor.

"What deal?” she responded. "They wanted clarification about how we go forward and that's what we did."

Yeah, I throw tantrums when Democrats do stupid shit but these 9 MMD flexed and slung a bunch of bullshit at the Speaker.

For what?

Make no mistake, they were carrying water for the multi-faced US Chamber of Commerce, and the other folks who don’t like the tax policies in the Big Fucking Reconciliation Bill. These folks figure if the bi-partisan deal passes the House right away then the big bill can be whittled down so that it no longer would be the agent of societal transformation. So Gottheimer took a shot.

Yeah... no.

Boss Pelosi treated them the way Michael Corleone dismissed Senator Geary.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #14830 on: August 24, 2021, 10:08:08 PM »

“Much has been said about preclearance and thousands of discriminatory voting changes, but in the Shelby decision, the dissent was written by Justice Ginsburg.  And she noted in her dissent the Court’s reasoning in Shelby was nonsensical: ‘Throwing out preclearance when it has worked and is continuing to work to stop discriminatory changes is like throwing away your umbrella in a rainstorm because you are not getting wet.’

Sadly, the Court has since continued that assault on the ballot.  So, H.R.  4, the John Lewis Voting Rights Advancement Act, would be a remedy to this assault and to restore the preclearance provision.”

https://yubanet.com/usa/speaker-nancy-pelosi-floor-speech-in-support-of-h-r-4-the-john-r-lewis-voting-rights-advancement-act-of-2021/

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14831 on: August 24, 2021, 10:13:41 PM »

Livestock drug.

Discuss.

Stupid.

Stupid post.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14832 on: August 24, 2021, 10:15:40 PM »

ummmm.......errrr.....

no.

I agree  with Kid on this.

I'd have skipped the temporizers.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14833 on: August 24, 2021, 10:16:22 PM »

ummmm.......errrr.....

no.

Um, er, yes.   I assume the Hitler comparison was meant as hyperbole,  not as a straight comparison.

I don't care.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #14834 on: August 24, 2021, 10:35:38 PM »

George Lucas is an American, he can help to give ideas.

And we have Oliver Stone, I just love Oliver Stone, and he is French.

We need to go back in while we still have the airport, and we need to help Afghanistan to have a free and fair election, and we can help them to have a great peace-time economy.

A Princess can lead them to victory. But who is the Afghan Princess?

Salute,

Tony V.
Pages: 1 ... 987 988 [989] 990 991 ... 2924