Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 990 991 [992] 993 994 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 752236 times)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #14865 on: August 25, 2021, 02:28:38 PM »

CNN reporter tweet about Pelosi.

“I asked Pelosi about the deal she reached with moderates when she walked off the House floor.

"What deal?” she responded. "They wanted clarification about how we go forward and that's what we did."

Yeah, I throw tantrums when Democrats do stupid shit but these 9 MMD flexed and slung a bunch of bullshit at the Speaker.

For what?

Make no mistake, they were carrying water for the multi-faced US Chamber of Commerce, and the other folks who don’t like the tax policies in the Big Fucking Reconciliation Bill. These folks figure if the bi-partisan deal passes the House right away then the big bill can be whittled down so that it no longer would be the agent of societal transformation. So Gottheimer took a shot.

Yeah... no.

Boss Pelosi treated them the way Michael Corleone dismissed Senator Geary.

So...Pelosi is a mob boss.

I see.

And a damn good one... if you want to be literal and see the US House of Representatives as rival mobs.

You hated adults joining the conversation. And Nancy carries your water. Got it.

That

It seems that being obtuse comes naturally to you.

Your fear and loathing for anyone who asks questions about your agenda is noted.

I was in the middle of posting a sneering riposte when my dog insisted on going out.

Priorities, ya know.

Hope you cleaned up after him this time.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14867 on: August 25, 2021, 02:32:54 PM »

The unintended consequences of outlawing plastic bags: https://news.yahoo.com/cotton-tote-crisis-122835987.html

The last part of the article, pointing towards solutions, was useful stuff.   Also worth noting that many thrift stores take cotton material and sell it to companies for rag fiber (used in paper-making, Green brands of house insulation, and other areas where fibers are usable).  Also worth noting that plastic nanoparticles are now known to represent a massive threat to both ocean life (including our leading oxygen producers, the phytoplankton) and land-based ecosystems.  Nanoparticles are presently being found in human tissue and our food supply.  The article understates this a bit.  The urgent need to reduce this outweighs some problems with cotton, and there is no reason we can't also use other less-problematic fibers (like hemp, as the article noted, or recycled fibers) for our tote bags.  And yes, damned good call at the end there:  not every purchase requires a bag. 

But what's the other big culprit not mentioned?  Mother Fucking Water Bottles.  Just get a refillable steel bottle.  Fill it with tap water.  (the bottled water is just tap water from somewhere else.  If you think you local water is bad, then take a jug to the supermarket, many which have those distilled water machines, and fill it there)   Single-serving meals.  Try brands like Amy's - the bowls are made from plant fibers, instead of polyethylene.

Worry about yourself.  Stop dictating.

Trade your brown shirt for some big boy pants and stop sniveling.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #14869 on: August 25, 2021, 02:43:18 PM »

Creative writing: But how does someone, especially someone who's white, start (or continue) a conversation with family and friends about racism and privilege?

In order to help get you started, USA TODAY spoke with experts to create this guide on best practices and important things to remember when engaging in this type of work.

Of course, there is not a one-tactic-fits-all approach to having these difficult conversations.

As Jenna Arnold, author of "Raising Our Hands: How White Women Can Stop Avoiding Hard Conversations, Start Accepting Responsibility, and Find Our Place on the New Frontlines," told USA TODAY it's important to remember that these conversations are "a little bit case-by-case."

So instead of a step-by-step guide, we've compiled tips and strategies for different steps of the process, from before the conversation starts to after it ends.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2020/07/06/how-to-guide-talk-racism-white-privilege-with-family-friends/3278514001/

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #14870 on: August 25, 2021, 02:46:53 PM »

Roof to be razed from the Earth.

"No cold record or careful parsing of statutes and precedents can capture the full horror of what Roof did," the opinion states. "His crimes qualify him for the harshest penalty that a just society can impose."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2021/08/25/charleston-emanuel-shooter-dylan-roofs-death-sentence-court-upholds/5589926001/

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #14871 on: August 25, 2021, 02:48:13 PM »

http://www.politico.com/news/2021/08/25/capitol-insurrection-committee-probe-506875

Round them up, strip them down, expose their malignancy, and put them on parade

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #14872 on: August 25, 2021, 02:50:10 PM »

DeSantis and Abbot have destroyed the CA recall campaign. Nobody wants a rabid republican asshole in their state house when it costs so many lives.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #14873 on: August 25, 2021, 03:09:19 PM »

Creative writing: But how does someone, especially someone who's white, start (or continue) a conversation with family and friends about racism and privilege?

In order to help get you started, USA TODAY spoke with experts to create this guide on best practices and important things to remember when engaging in this type of work.

Of course, there is not a one-tactic-fits-all approach to having these difficult conversations.

As Jenna Arnold, author of "Raising Our Hands: How White Women Can Stop Avoiding Hard Conversations, Start Accepting Responsibility, and Find Our Place on the New Frontlines," told USA TODAY it's important to remember that these conversations are "a little bit case-by-case."

So instead of a step-by-step guide, we've compiled tips and strategies for different steps of the process, from before the conversation starts to after it ends.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2020/07/06/how-to-guide-talk-racism-white-privilege-with-family-friends/3278514001/

Clearly none of these steps have worked on you. I can see why you have doubts.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #14874 on: August 25, 2021, 03:31:03 PM »

For the new immigrants who are coming to the USA, I recommend Battle Mountain, Nevada, where the land is cheap and plentiful. And Nevada is a good place for farmers and ranchers, they can raise cattle, and sheep, and pigs, etc. In Los Angeles the housing is very expensive and the streets are full of homeless people and all of the jobs are leaving and it is hard to get work. In Nevada the land is cheaper, and you can buy a home, and you can spend time with your family, etc. The land in Nevada is cheap and plentiful.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_Mountain,_Nevada

We also have Merced, California, which is a great place for new immigrants. Merced is Spanish for "Mercy." Merced is cheaper than Los Angeles, and there are a lot of jobs in Merced, Merced has a lot of farm jobs, etc. And Merced will have a station on the California high speed train route.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merced,_California 

Salute,

Tony V.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14875 on: August 25, 2021, 03:56:11 PM »

CNN reporter tweet about Pelosi.

“I asked Pelosi about the deal she reached with moderates when she walked off the House floor.

"What deal?” she responded. "They wanted clarification about how we go forward and that's what we did."

Yeah, I throw tantrums when Democrats do stupid shit but these 9 MMD flexed and slung a bunch of bullshit at the Speaker.

For what?

Make no mistake, they were carrying water for the multi-faced US Chamber of Commerce, and the other folks who don’t like the tax policies in the Big Fucking Reconciliation Bill. These folks figure if the bi-partisan deal passes the House right away then the big bill can be whittled down so that it no longer would be the agent of societal transformation. So Gottheimer took a shot.

Yeah... no.

Boss Pelosi treated them the way Michael Corleone dismissed Senator Geary.

So...Pelosi is a mob boss.

I see.

And a damn good one... if you want to be literal and see the US House of Representatives as rival mobs.

You hated adults joining the conversation. And Nancy carries your water. Got it.

That

It seems that being obtuse comes naturally to you.

Your fear and loathing for anyone who asks questions about your agenda is noted.

I was in the middle of posting a sneering riposte when my dog insisted on going out.

Priorities, ya know.

Hope you cleaned up after him this time.
Especially since unlike you, Forrest, he does not recycle it as forum posts.
A parrot bit me.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #14876 on: August 25, 2021, 05:05:24 PM »

http://www.salon.com/2021/08/25/the-supreme-courts-sloppiness-reveals-its-radicalism/

Trump appointees would be of better service propping up the border wall physically than they are serving on the court.

Holly Martins

« Reply #14877 on: August 25, 2021, 05:09:32 PM »

The unintended consequences of outlawing plastic bags: https://news.yahoo.com/cotton-tote-crisis-122835987.html

The last part of the article, pointing towards solutions, was useful stuff.   Also worth noting that many thrift stores take cotton material and sell it to companies for rag fiber (used in paper-making, Green brands of house insulation, and other areas where fibers are usable).  Also worth noting that plastic nanoparticles are now known to represent a massive threat to both ocean life (including our leading oxygen producers, the phytoplankton) and land-based ecosystems.  Nanoparticles are presently being found in human tissue and our food supply.  The article understates this a bit.  The urgent need to reduce this outweighs some problems with cotton, and there is no reason we can't also use other less-problematic fibers (like hemp, as the article noted, or recycled fibers) for our tote bags.  And yes, damned good call at the end there:  not every purchase requires a bag. 

But what's the other big culprit not mentioned?  Mother Fucking Water Bottles.  Just get a refillable steel bottle.  Fill it with tap water.  (the bottled water is just tap water from somewhere else.  If you think you local water is bad, then take a jug to the supermarket, many which have those distilled water machines, and fill it there)   Single-serving meals.  Try brands like Amy's - the bowls are made from plant fibers, instead of polyethylene.

Worry about yourself.  Stop dictating.

I marvel.   How do you manage to misread every post then somehow craft a reply that's a backhanded insult?  If you have better suggestions,  offer them.   Make your contribution, instead of grunting like a lobotomized shitpig. 

Everyone here uses the imperative form,  when passing ideas along,  it's not dictating.

Holly Martins

« Reply #14878 on: August 25, 2021, 05:13:16 PM »

Plastic bottles can be remade into bricks for building houses. There is a woman in Kenya who has figured this out. The plastic bricks are stronger than regular bricks. You should start that business here. Get Tony to work with you, hire Afghan refugee woman, (dressing them in hot pants and plunging necklines, of course!) and advertise it with Ms Milano on Instagram.

https://www.waste360.com/plastics/kenyan-woman-turns-plastic-bricks

Great,  now my house smells like sour milk and cola.   Otherwise,  kudos for at least getting creative.  Many ideas had,  a few will be good ones.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #14879 on: August 25, 2021, 05:27:16 PM »

Notice to the World Bank Fund ( and all other world lending institutions)
The Taliban in taking over Afghanistan is serious about fighting(wait for it)
CLIMATE CHANGE!

"We believe the world has a unique opportunity of rapprochement and coming together to tackle the challenges not only facing us but the entire humanity," "and these challenges ranging from world security and climate change need the collective efforts of all, and cannot be achieved if we exclude or ignore an entire people who have been devastated by imposed wars for the past four decades."

Abdul Qahar Balkhi, a member of the Taliban's Cultural Commission.
Pages: 1 ... 990 991 [992] 993 994 ... 2924