Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 993 994 [995] 996 997 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 752491 times)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #14910 on: August 26, 2021, 11:36:08 AM »

Creative writing: But how does someone, especially someone who's white, start (or continue) a conversation with family and friends about racism and privilege?

In order to help get you started, USA TODAY spoke with experts to create this guide on best practices and important things to remember when engaging in this type of work.

Of course, there is not a one-tactic-fits-all approach to having these difficult conversations.

As Jenna Arnold, author of "Raising Our Hands: How White Women Can Stop Avoiding Hard Conversations, Start Accepting Responsibility, and Find Our Place on the New Frontlines," told USA TODAY it's important to remember that these conversations are "a little bit case-by-case."

So instead of a step-by-step guide, we've compiled tips and strategies for different steps of the process, from before the conversation starts to after it ends.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2020/07/06/how-to-guide-talk-racism-white-privilege-with-family-friends/3278514001/

Clearly none of these steps have worked on you. I can see why you have doubts.

Your blatant hypocrisy is noted, once again.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #14911 on: August 26, 2021, 11:38:35 AM »

CNN reporter tweet about Pelosi.

“I asked Pelosi about the deal she reached with moderates when she walked off the House floor.

"What deal?” she responded. "They wanted clarification about how we go forward and that's what we did."

Yeah, I throw tantrums when Democrats do stupid shit but these 9 MMD flexed and slung a bunch of bullshit at the Speaker.

For what?

Make no mistake, they were carrying water for the multi-faced US Chamber of Commerce, and the other folks who don’t like the tax policies in the Big Fucking Reconciliation Bill. These folks figure if the bi-partisan deal passes the House right away then the big bill can be whittled down so that it no longer would be the agent of societal transformation. So Gottheimer took a shot.

Yeah... no.

Boss Pelosi treated them the way Michael Corleone dismissed Senator Geary.

So...Pelosi is a mob boss.

I see.

And a damn good one... if you want to be literal and see the US House of Representatives as rival mobs.

You hated adults joining the conversation. And Nancy carries your water. Got it.

That

It seems that being obtuse comes naturally to you.

Your fear and loathing for anyone who asks questions about your agenda is noted.

I was in the middle of posting a sneering riposte when my dog insisted on going out.

Priorities, ya know.

Hope you cleaned up after him this time.

She has an enclosed back yard and a sandbox.

Wow! Just like Steve in AZ!
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #14912 on: August 26, 2021, 11:40:46 AM »

Not really. There has been nothing to show that the current system has a fairness issue.

Current - pre 2020
Current = current. Some butt hurt ass hole who cannot take losing does not make his losing a "fairness issue".

Republicans block as many sane people as possible from voting. Not very fair.

Feel real bad for Joe.  Real tough spot now.

A Jed Bartlett moment upon him...

Can Biden find in himself a Bartlett-like act?

Reality isn't scripted.

Unless you're playing the Astros in Houston or the Pats in Foxboro.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14913 on: August 26, 2021, 12:09:56 PM »

Creative writing: But how does someone, especially someone who's white, start (or continue) a conversation with family and friends about racism and privilege?

In order to help get you started, USA TODAY spoke with experts to create this guide on best practices and important things to remember when engaging in this type of work.

Of course, there is not a one-tactic-fits-all approach to having these difficult conversations.

As Jenna Arnold, author of "Raising Our Hands: How White Women Can Stop Avoiding Hard Conversations, Start Accepting Responsibility, and Find Our Place on the New Frontlines," told USA TODAY it's important to remember that these conversations are "a little bit case-by-case."

So instead of a step-by-step guide, we've compiled tips and strategies for different steps of the process, from before the conversation starts to after it ends.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2020/07/06/how-to-guide-talk-racism-white-privilege-with-family-friends/3278514001/

Clearly none of these steps have worked on you. I can see why you have doubts.

Your blatant hypocrisy is noted, once again.

You can agree or disagree with his comment, but there is no hypocrisy in it. He doesn't claim they are good steps or bad, nor that they have or worked on him, or that they don't apply to him.

The comments are purely about you.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14914 on: August 26, 2021, 12:12:03 PM »

From the tail end of Ezra Klein's NYT essay on not pretending that how we left Afghanistan is the problem:

My heart breaks for the suffering we will leave behind in Afghanistan. But we do not know how to fix Afghanistan. We failed in that effort so completely that we ended up strengthening the Taliban. We should do all we can to bring American citizens and allies home. But if we truly care about educating girls worldwide, we know how to build schools and finance education. If we truly care about protecting those who fear tyranny, we know how to issue visas and admit refugees. If we truly care about the suffering of others, there is so much we could do. Only 1 percent of the residents of poor countries are vaccinated against the coronavirus. We could change that. More than 400,000 people die from malaria each year. We could change that, too.

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #14915 on: August 26, 2021, 12:28:18 PM »

The Biden Foreign Policy does not exist.
It is a myth.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2021, 01:13:48 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #14916 on: August 26, 2021, 12:53:21 PM »

getting out of afghanistan was very good policy. A complete no return drain of money and men.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

Holly Martins

« Reply #14917 on: August 26, 2021, 01:13:45 PM »

Another sad day, at least 13 killed by suicide bombers outside airport,  looks like IS terrorists.   Interesting how the truly extremist groups seem not concerned with being a pariah on the world stage.   When you know you're absolutely right,  it doesn't matter. 

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #14918 on: August 26, 2021, 01:14:55 PM »

Another sad day, at least 13 killed by suicide bombers outside airport,  looks like IS terrorists.   Interesting how the truly extremist groups seem not concerned with being a pariah on the world stage.   When you know you're absolutely right,  it doesn't matter.
Four US Marines among the dead, so far.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #14919 on: August 26, 2021, 01:26:27 PM »

They were/are sitting ducks

Joe - take the stage and assure us.  Please.  Enough Psaki.  Enough vanilla mumbo-jumbo.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14920 on: August 26, 2021, 01:36:11 PM »

Joe - take the stage and assure us.  Please.  Enough Psaki.  Enough vanilla mumbo-jumbo.

Funny, as ever, hearing you complain about Psaki.

And I don't think Joe can assure us of much when it comes to Kabul and getting out of Afghanistan.

Also, you act as if he wasn't on the air twice last week.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #14921 on: August 26, 2021, 01:39:27 PM »

"I think the President of the United States should come out and say all bets are off.  The Taliban has absolutely defied this agreement by not securing the access routes to the airport.  We are going to expand this operation.  And get every single American out.  And I'd start KILLING bad guys."

Mark Green (R) TN - House Armed Services Committee
« Last Edit: August 26, 2021, 03:13:44 PM by kidcarter8 »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #14922 on: August 26, 2021, 01:40:21 PM »

I havent complained about Psaki

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14923 on: August 26, 2021, 01:41:50 PM »

I havent complained about Psaki

You just did.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #14924 on: August 26, 2021, 01:42:58 PM »

That would be impossible.
Joe is CLUELESS and, apparently, so is his entire cabinet.
But, by god, it is diverse.
Pages: 1 ... 993 994 [995] 996 997 ... 2924