Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 999 1000 [1001] 1002 1003 ... 2925

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 753145 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Yankguy1

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #15001 on: August 27, 2021, 09:31:06 AM »

Please everybody: Trust Kid.
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15002 on: August 27, 2021, 09:35:32 AM »

Sad that so many stories out of Afghanistan are not being universally reported, YG.  So much going on there that we will never know about, including selfless Americans and allies putting their asses and their dollars on the line in rescue missions (Hillary Clinton, I believe, included)

Stories sometimes do come out later on.  Praise often faint.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15003 on: August 27, 2021, 09:39:02 AM »

Nor say where your anecdote came from, making it likelier that you made it up instead of somebody else either making it up or spreading it without evidence, let alone having it be true.

You really need to stop.  This isn't junior high

Trust me - it's true

Says the person who doubted every word about COVID-19 and repeatedly told me I was crying THE SKY IS FALLING.

It isn't junior high, but you sure do act like it with great regularity.

WHY THE FUCK SHOULD I TRUST AN ANONYMOUS ANECDOTE?!

It was you who labeled it an anecdote, Kit. And, as with every anecdote, even when there is an underlying true event it tells the story from one viewpoint.

When you cannot provide more than hearsay for a story that advances your own cause, why expect us to swallow it?! You're the person who posts idiocy like the livestock/discuss bs.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #15004 on: August 27, 2021, 09:52:40 AM »

Sad that so many stories out of Afghanistan are not being universally reported, YG.

Then why the reluctance to tell us the source of the ones actually being reported? 

Trust me!!!!!
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15005 on: August 27, 2021, 09:53:57 AM »

Sad that so many stories out of Afghanistan are not being universally reported, YG.

Then why the reluctance to tell us the source of the ones actually being reported? 

Trust me!!!!!

It was only reported to Kid, not universally.

He has an insider providing him with the straight poop.

No shit!

ETA: 300 people in one bus!! ONE bus. And he wonders that I am skeptical of his unsourced account.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2021, 09:57:49 AM by josh »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15006 on: August 27, 2021, 10:07:02 AM »

Because this is such a childish forum.  No need to welcome feedback re:  my sources.  It's all just so TIRED.

The gentleman in question is doing God's work.  Bless him and so many others.  And let those that are so angry at what is occurring (yes - YOU, Republicans) SEE the good in what has been done and is still being accomplished in the region.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #15008 on: August 27, 2021, 10:11:54 AM »

"My sources".

Talk about TIRED.  What's tired is your "I know something you guys don't" routine.

And if you find this forum "childish", I'm sure there are many other places that would welcome your wisdom (biting tongue) and "sources."
« Last Edit: August 27, 2021, 10:18:42 AM by Yankguy1 »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15009 on: August 27, 2021, 10:14:24 AM »

Because this is such a childish forum.  No need to welcome feedback re:  my sources.  It's all just so TIRED.

The gentleman in question is doing God's work.  Bless him and so many others.  And let those that are so angry at what is occurring (yes - YOU, Republicans) SEE the good in what has been done and is still being accomplished in the region.

OMG, Kid.

YOU are tired?!

How many posts have you made flogging the same old tripe?

I will grant you that if the gentleman in question managed to get 300 people into a bus, God must have been involved. But, in truth, somebody needs to be doing something on this planet, because God sure isn't.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15010 on: August 27, 2021, 10:18:59 AM »

When you cannot provide more than hearsay for a story that advances your own cause, why expect us to swallow it?! You're the person who posts idiocy like the livestock/discuss bs.

What cause of mine is it promoting?  I am pro military - and was horrified at what I heard.
-----

Re:  the livestock drug - it is so much more - isn't it?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivermectin

A therapeutic, like HCQ - helping so many cope.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15011 on: August 27, 2021, 10:20:07 AM »

OMG, Kid.

YOU are tired?!

How many posts have you made flogging the same old tripe?

Shh......

As you have been told many times - you don't have to react to everything on the forum.  Or be involved in every disagreement.  Skip some things.  You will live.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2021, 10:22:10 AM by kidcarter8 »

Holly Martins

« Reply #15012 on: August 27, 2021, 11:05:47 AM »

I have a problem with the eviction moratorium without landlord relief as a part of the package.

There has not been sufficient care with that, IMO. While there are landlords for whom I have little sympathy, there are many for whom money is about as tight as it is for their renters.

Word!

In fact,  a majority of landlords are "mom and pop" setups where they own one duplex,  and rent out one half for much needed income,  or they own one other house and the same situation.  That's the basis on which my wife and I were landlords for several years,  and that money helped keep the family afloat when the kids were young.

Holly Martins

« Reply #15013 on: August 27, 2021, 11:09:51 AM »

1000 pages of essentially leftist intolerance on full display.

And you,  shitting out all your internal organs whenever anyone questions your opinions.

Holly Martins

« Reply #15014 on: August 27, 2021, 11:17:23 AM »

Trust me!!!!!

It was only reported to Kid, not universally.

He has an insider providing him with the straight poop.

No shit!

ETA: 300 people in one bus!! ONE bus. And he wonders that I am skeptical of his unsourced account.

Every day I get in the queue,  too much the Magic Bus!
Pages: 1 ... 999 1000 [1001] 1002 1003 ... 2925