Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1000 1001 [1002] 1003 1004 ... 2925

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 753238 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #15015 on: August 27, 2021, 12:19:09 PM »

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/secretary-state-blinken-impeachment-house-republicans

"Under the Constitution of the United States of America, the Secretary of State is tasked with informing Congress and American citizens on the conduct of U.S. foreign relations," said Norman in a statement provided to Fox News.

"In Afghanistan, he failed to do so, leaving American citizens exposed in a city under the control of the Taliban. Secretary Blinken is also responsible for the safety of American citizens abroad and, in the case of danger, the safe and efficient evacuation of those Americans - which he has not done thus far."
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #15016 on: August 27, 2021, 01:42:05 PM »

I have a problem with the eviction moratorium without landlord relief as a part of the package.

There has not been sufficient care with that, IMO. While there are landlords for whom I have little sympathy, there are many for whom money is about as tight as it is for their renters.

Word!

In fact,  a majority of landlords are "mom and pop" setups where they own one duplex,  and rent out one half for much needed income,  or they own one other house and the same situation.  That's the basis on which my wife and I were landlords for several years,  and that money helped keep the family afloat when the kids were young.
You might want to clue in Cori Bush  and the rest of the progressives with that post.  You could add in that
trashing SCOTUS is pretty stupid since Congress has the power to legislate an extension..

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15017 on: August 27, 2021, 02:00:15 PM »

When you cannot provide more than hearsay for a story that advances your own cause, why expect us to swallow it?! You're the person who posts idiocy like the livestock/discuss bs.

What cause of mine is it promoting?  I am pro military - and was horrified at what I heard.
-----

Re:  the livestock drug - it is so much more - isn't it?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivermectin

A therapeutic, like HCQ - helping so many cope.

Your disingenuous pleadings are stupid.

Anti-Biden.

Promoting a medication that is dangerous and inappropriate to use for COVID-19.

You will of course deny either of those, but that action, too, is part of your disingenuous posting.

And you wonder why we don't trust you.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15018 on: August 27, 2021, 02:01:46 PM »

As you have been told many times - you don't have to react to everything on the forum.  Or be involved in every disagreement.  Skip some things.  You will live.

Vast tracts of posts sail by without my comments.

But Kid, you don't have to lie about or misrepresent everything either party does, but you still do...
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15019 on: August 27, 2021, 02:30:34 PM »

Then why the reluctance to tell us the source of the ones actually being reported?

Because this is such a childish forum.  No need to welcome feedback re:  my sources.  It's all just so TIRED.

The gentleman in question is doing God's work.  Bless him and so many others.  And let those that are so angry at what is occurring (yes - YOU, Republicans) SEE the good in what has been done and is still being accomplished in the region.

He is getting it from Stormfront where he still subscribes for more exclusive content
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #15020 on: August 27, 2021, 02:34:47 PM »

When you cannot provide more than hearsay for a story that advances your own cause, why expect us to swallow it?! You're the person who posts idiocy like the livestock/discuss bs.

What cause of mine is it promoting?  I am pro military - and was horrified at what I heard.
-----

Re:  the livestock drug - it is so much more - isn't it?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivermectin

A therapeutic, like HCQ - helping so many cope.

That is a murderous lie you are promoting you stupid bastard so please go bury yourself in horse shit before posting more of the same

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #15021 on: August 27, 2021, 02:48:57 PM »

The Catholics are marching globally tomorrow, August 28th, in support of the women of Afghanistan, and in support of the people of Afghanistan.

https://www.worldcatholicnews.com/economy-of-francesco-calls-for-solidarity-with-afghan-women/

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #15022 on: August 27, 2021, 02:51:52 PM »

We need for the people of California to learn how to have hostels like in Rome, Italy.

People need to be able to take a nice hot shower, and sleep in a nice comfortable bed, for $15 per night.

Also filmmakers can make a documentary for KCET public television to teach the people of California about the hostels of Rome.

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• View Profile

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #15024 on: August 27, 2021, 03:10:12 PM »

We need for the people of California to learn how to have hostels like in Rome, Italy.

People need to be able to take a nice hot shower, and sleep in a nice comfortable bed, for $15 per night.

Also filmmakers can make a documentary for KCET public television to teach the people of California about the hostels of Rome.

Salute,

Tony V.

The Hostel on Newport Avenue in OB in San Diego is charging 48 dollars a night for dates this month

That compares to 22 to 78 dollars a night for prices advertised in Rome during the same period

There are two or three hostel networks in the US that get you preferred rates with a yearly membership

Holly Martins

« Reply #15025 on: August 27, 2021, 03:15:21 PM »

In August 2021, the state of Mississippi announced that 70% of recent calls to poison control centers were due to people taking ivermectin in a dose formulated for large animals   

https://www.npr.org/2021/08/23/1030208101/mississippi-livestock-drug-ivermectin-covid-misinformation

There is no evidence,  based on randomized clinical trials,  subject to peer review,  that the human form of ivermectin has any value in treating covid or other viral infections. It is an anti-parasitic.   

It's fucking obvious that Kid failed to read all of the Wikipedia article he linked,  or the medical studies it cites.   Fuck him,  and fuck the high horse he rode in on.   And fuck the dickless empty ball-sacked Mark Zuckerberg & Co.  who can't make good on their promises to crack down on misinformation and propaganda

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #15026 on: August 27, 2021, 03:17:31 PM »

So sad, State dept talking about working with Taliban primitives to fly out evacuees. Delusional.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

facilitatorn

• View Profile

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #15028 on: August 27, 2021, 03:32:33 PM »

Salute,

Tony V.

The Hostel on Newport Avenue in OB in San Diego is charging 48 dollars a night for dates this month

That compares to 22 to 78 dollars a night for prices advertised in Rome during the same period

There are two or three hostel networks in the US that get you preferred rates with a yearly membership

We need to get Governor Newsom to help California to have cheap hostels, the Government can give people business grants to open hostels, and then the Government can let the hostels operate tax-free. We can get the prices down to $15 per night.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #15029 on: August 27, 2021, 03:42:46 PM »

Bambu, as the old jobs are leaving, then new jobs are being created, but yes, it is very hard.

In Anaheim they wanted to grow grapes and make wine and have a utopia. But, the grape vines were killed by a root disease. So they had to grow oranges, and strawberries, etc. Anaheim put fresh fruit on trains and we sent Sunkist oranges and other fruit East to the rest of the USA. But, now those jobs are all gone, Sunkist still exists, but not in Anaheim. In Anaheim the jobs are all created by Tourism, and Disneyland, it is all about Tourism now.

So, we went from grapes, to oranges and strawberries, and then to Disneyland.

As for me right now, I sent a movie script to Lisa Brando, Marlon Brando's daughter, and she might help me to get my movie made. If I get my movie made, then I am going to use some of my money to open a night club in Rome, Italy. And I want to invest in a vineyard and winery in Tuscany, etc.

And I have a whole bunch of ideas for films and television shows...

"The Count of Monte Cristo" is available, because it is old and the copyright is outdated. It would make a great mini-series for Netflix.

Also, Shakespeare is free, someone can make "King Lear" with Robert De Niro as King Lear, it could be shot for dirt cheap at the Occidental studio in East Hollywood.

If someone wants to write a movie about a cult, there is the story of what happened to Hunter Tylo the soap star, someone can interview her and someone can write a movie about what happened to Hunter Tylo.

I have an idea about a group of special forces in the military who are color blind, they are color blind but they see better at night, the show could be named "Nocturnal." And I sent the idea to a scientist at the University of California in Irvine to see if my hypothesis is true. They can go in at night under the cover of darkness and they can save hostages, etc.

There can be a television series abut a Professor who is a super hero, he finds a medallion in Egypt that gives him super powers.

I also have an idea for a Western, he is a lawyer in the wild west, and he is as fast with a gun as he is brilliant with the law. The name could be "Progress" and it is about a family who lost their land to the railroad, and 2 brothers become outlaws, and they send the one brother to school to become a lawyer to fight for justice, his name is Jimmy Corvalis.

Here is another idea, there can be a television show about the people living in an apartment complex in Anaheim, it can be called "Friendship Plaza."

There can be a new television show about a team of mental health workers who help people, the name of the show could be "The Wellness Center." It could be based on the Wellness Center in Orange, California.

Those are a few ideas for a team of writers.

Those ideas would create a lot of great paying jobs for people in the Entertainment Industry.

We still have jobs, but we need to adapt to a new business environment. And we need to create new jobs.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: August 27, 2021, 04:07:10 PM by FlyingVProd »
Pages: 1 ... 1000 1001 [1002] 1003 1004 ... 2925