Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1015 1016 [1017] 1018 1019 ... 2926

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 754414 times)

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #15240 on: August 30, 2021, 10:58:53 AM »

She knew the risks.

It wasn't like she was drafted and sent over there.

Maybe you should have tried to steer her career a little differently, and she'd be alive.

I know this has been asked before,  but what is wrong with you?
When you respond to his shit the same question comes back at you.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15241 on: August 30, 2021, 11:06:07 AM »

I normally try to keep out of here much that could be connected to me personally beyond that I live in Massachusetts.

But I am still so angry with Kid over his bogus claim about my insulting those who gave their lives in Afghanistan that I am going to break my self-guidance here.

Johanny Rosario Pichardo was a student of mine. We hadn't talked since 2019, really, but we'd talked off and on for years following the brief time that we saw each other regularly.

She was doing work she thought was important for the women there - just as work had been done to help her to get places. She believed in giving back to society.

https://apnews.com/article/massachusetts-kabul-dc59c42dd69952ea5554691b9a9d550c

She knew the risks.

It wasn't like she was drafted and sent over there.

Maybe you should have tried to steer her career a little differently, and she'd be alive.

She knew the risks and made the choice. You are too insensitive to have noticed that while I mourned her death, I did not mourn her choice to go. Nor did I wag my finger at anybody, the way you are - and the way I am, now, at you.

She signed up out of high school because it was the only legal way she could earn enough money to support her family and herself at the same time.

Yes, she could still be alive had she not joined the marines, Hamilton. She could have died doing something else, instead, though it certainly seems less likely in this moment. We don't know, cannot know the ramifications of our actions in full. Perhaps she would still be alive, but not just another killed in her place on the same assignment instead of her, but others dead because she had not been there. Or others alive because she had not been there.

We cannot know.

We do know she is dead.

And all your pissy efforts to provoke me with personal attacks don't change that one whit.

However, this is exactly the kind of personal attack that you have been warned against repeatedly.

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15242 on: August 30, 2021, 12:05:39 PM »

- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15243 on: August 30, 2021, 12:09:50 PM »

We do know she is dead.

And all your pissy efforts to provoke me with personal attacks don't change that one whit.

And as with all deaths - life goes on.  My friend lost a brother, 41, to COVID.  Some lose people to car accidents - or cancer.

We applaud a soldier's service to the nation but lose sight of the fact that it is a paid job with excellent benefits.

Same with cops - and even ERR nurses -  sure - we appreciate their service - but they are well compensated.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15244 on: August 30, 2021, 12:33:23 PM »

We do know she is dead.

And as with all deaths - life goes on.  My friend lost a brother, 41, to COVID.  Some lose people to car accidents - or cancer.

We applaud a soldier's service to the nation but lose sight of the fact that it is a paid job with excellent benefits.

Same with cops - and even ERR nurses -  sure - we appreciate their service - but they are well compensated.

"Well compensated" means what to you?
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #15245 on: August 30, 2021, 01:27:33 PM »

Sorry for the loss of your Student, Josh.

It is always sad when someone gets killed, especially good people who are trying to help other people.

On the issue of jobs...

In 1990 I rode a Greyhound bus across the USA from Nevada to Florida, and then back to Nevada. The bus zig-zagged across the nation and I was able to see a lot of the country. One thing that I noticed was that all of the factories were closed and boarded up. The whole country was poor, and there were not very many jobs.

In Saint Louis I was at the bus station by the Arch, it was in the middle of the night and I went to the McDonald's to eat, and a guy joined me to eat, he looked like Bruce Willis, and we talked while we ate. I told him that I noticed that all of the factories were closed, and I told him how sad it was that the USA was so poor, and he told me that in many towns the only opportunity comes from joining the United States Military. In some areas the only opportunity is to join the military.

The government creates a lot of the jobs, with the Military, plus with building fighter planes, etc, and missiles and weapons, and satellites, etc, and then the local governments create jobs with people working as cops, and also public school teachers, etc, and fire fighters, people create a lot of jobs when they pay their taxes. Federal, State, County, and City, governments create a lot of jobs.

Government jobs, and service jobs pretty much make up our economy, and most of the service jobs do not pay very well.

One thing that I remember that the gentleman told me at the bus station in Saint Louis, he told me not to leave the station, he said that it was a dangerous area. How sad. I was right at the Arch, and it was a dangerous area and people could not go out to look at the Arch. I could see the Arch from the window, but still, it is sad that Saint Louis is poor and dangerous.

A lot of areas in the USA are poor and dangerous now. And in many areas the only jobs are created by the United States Military.

I understand that a lot of good people serve the USA to help people, but in some areas there are few choices for employment and the Military is the only option.

I am color blind, so I could never join the Military, and I could never be a cop, and I even had a hard time as a Valet because I could not see the color of the cars. So, I was out there homeless on the streets for 2 years, and the Military was not an option. For some of us the Military was never an option.

We need to create new jobs in the USA. One thing that we can do is to create home jobs that people can do from home with a home office.

Anyhow, sorry for the loss of your Student, may she rest in peace.

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15246 on: August 30, 2021, 01:31:28 PM »

Herschel!!!

Should be interesting

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/28/politics/fact-check-herschel-walker-2020-election-january-6/

Has he threatened to kill the folks who will not vote for him yet?
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #15247 on: August 30, 2021, 01:42:21 PM »

Death cult...

https://morningshots.thebulwark.com/p/why-does-this-keep-happening

Do you really need an answer for that headline?

We need leper colonies for horse paste eaters and bleach guzzlers

Not forever just till the global Covid case count reaches zero

facilitatorn

• View Profile

facilitatorn

• View Profile

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15250 on: August 30, 2021, 02:45:14 PM »

Not forever just till the global Covid case count reaches zero

You are in denial

COVID is here to stay

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #15251 on: August 30, 2021, 02:49:12 PM »

Then when you get to your leper colony so are you

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #15252 on: August 30, 2021, 03:12:54 PM »

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #15253 on: August 30, 2021, 03:29:11 PM »

On the issue of jobs that people can do from a home office...

I met a writer in Palmdale and he was very successful, he wrote for television shows. That kind of job people can do from home.

And he had a great house, with a new red Porsche. You can make good money as a writer.

And I have a completed movie script that I sent to Lisa Brando, and I have ideas for several projects. I could help to create a lot of good jobs for people in the Entertainment Industry, plus I can make money to buy a house, etc.

And I think I will start with an electric Hummer when I buy my next new car.

If I hit the big time, then I am going to open a night club in Rome, and invest in a vineyard and winery in Tuscany. But, for the smaller stuff, there is a great old house down the street, it is from the 1950's and it is a Mid Century Modern, it looks like a house where Frank Sinatra would live, and it is by a great school, it would be a great place to get married and start a family. We will see.

Writing is a good home job. And successful writers can have great lives.

Salute,

Tony V.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15254 on: August 30, 2021, 03:45:06 PM »

Biden brings up Beau when speaking to fallen Marine's widow

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/marine-family-slams-biden-meeting-scripted

My gosh...
Pages: 1 ... 1015 1016 [1017] 1018 1019 ... 2926