Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1016 1017 [1018] 1019 1020 ... 2926

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 754501 times)

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #15255 on: August 30, 2021, 03:46:35 PM »

Also, on the issue of home jobs...

It would be cool to buy the house where I lived in Malibu if I can make enough money to buy it. And then we had a dance room where I could make money from having acting workshops, and from yoga sessions, etc. The lady who owned the house when I lived there made money from having yoga in the dance room. So, those are other jobs that people can do from home if they have a dance room.

Salute,

Tony V.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15256 on: August 30, 2021, 04:12:39 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15257 on: August 30, 2021, 04:13:31 PM »

Also, on the issue of home jobs...

It would be cool to buy the house where I lived in Malibu if I can make enough money to buy it. And then we had a dance room where I could make money from having acting workshops, and from yoga sessions, etc. The lady who owned the house when I lived there made money from having yoga in the dance room. So, those are other jobs that people can do from home if they have a dance room.

Salute,

Tony V.

"Let them eat cake," says Tony.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15258 on: August 30, 2021, 04:15:45 PM »

Biden brings up Beau when speaking to fallen Marine's widow

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/marine-family-slams-biden-meeting-scripted

My gosh...

And they

Just edit the first effort, Larry.

Or just let it go

That's allowed, you know...
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15260 on: August 30, 2021, 04:30:24 PM »

Biden brings up Beau when speaking to fallen Marine's widow

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/marine-family-slams-biden-meeting-scripted

My gosh...

And they

Just edit the first effort, Larry.

Or just let it go

That's allowed, you know...

You mean like you did when you first praised Ham and then felt the need to defend him further?

You're okay with this from him, I get it:
She knew the risks.

It wasn't like she was drafted and sent over there.

Maybe you should have tried to steer her career a little differently, and she'd be alive.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #15261 on: August 30, 2021, 04:34:39 PM »

That's good people right there.
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15262 on: August 30, 2021, 04:37:48 PM »

I normally try to keep out of here much that could be connected to me personally beyond that I live in Massachusetts.

But I am still so angry with Kid over his bogus claim about my insulting those who gave their lives in Afghanistan that I am going to break my self-guidance here.

Johanny Rosario Pichardo was a student of mine. We hadn't talked since 2019, really, but we'd talked off and on for years following the brief time that we saw each other regularly.

She was doing work she thought was important for the women there - just as work had been done to help her to get places. She believed in giving back to society.

https://apnews.com/article/massachusetts-kabul-dc59c42dd69952ea5554691b9a9d550c

She knew the risks.

Maybe you should have tried to steer her career a little differently, and she'd be alive.

Your empathy is inspirational, motherfucker.

Your disconnect from reality is becoming normalized, dumb bastard.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15263 on: August 30, 2021, 04:41:38 PM »

I normally try to keep out of here much that could be connected to me personally beyond that I live in Massachusetts.

But I am still so angry with Kid over his bogus claim about my insulting those who gave their lives in Afghanistan that I am going to break my self-guidance here.

Johanny Rosario Pichardo was a student of mine. We hadn't talked since 2019, really, but we'd talked off and on for years following the brief time that we saw each other regularly.

She was doing work she thought was important for the women there - just as work had been done to help her to get places. She believed in giving back to society.

She knew the risks.

She knew the risks and made the choice. You are too insensitive to have noticed that while I mourned her death, I did not mourn her choice to go. Nor did I wag my finger at anybody, the way you are - and the way I am, now, at you.

She signed up out of high school because it was the only legal way she could earn enough money to support her family and herself at the same time.

Yes, she could still be alive had she not joined the marines, Hamilton. She could have died doing something else, instead, though it certainly seems less likely in this moment. We don't know, cannot know the ramifications of our actions in full. Perhaps she would still be alive, but not just another killed in her place on the same assignment instead of her, but others dead because she had not been there. Or others alive because she had not been there.

We cannot know.

We do know she is dead.

And all your pissy efforts to provoke me with personal attacks don't change that one whit.

However, this is exactly the kind of personal attack that you have been warned against repeatedly.

If you see my clear comments as "personal attack", then you are showing either that you can't read or that you can't put aside your own prejudice.

Or both.

The personal attacks launched here routinely by your leftist allies go ignored, though.

Typical.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #15264 on: August 30, 2021, 04:53:10 PM »

Kamala Harris has told the people of Latin America not to come to the USA because she knows it is hard right now, along with the problems from the corona crisis, we also have had a sinking economy and closing factories. Vice President Harris knows that we just do not have enough jobs for the immigrants. The factories are all closed. So, the immigrants cannot expect a job to be provided for them, and the immigrants need to study hard and they need to create their own jobs, and they need to open their own factories.

Many of the new factories in the USA are being opened by new immigrants. The new immigrants are coming to the USA with their dreams and they are creating jobs here, for themselves and for others.

When the immigrants come to the USA with their dreams, we need to make sure that they can find the financing, etc, to make their dreams a reality.

Also, many immigrants become doctors, etc. My doctor is from the Philippines.

We still have farm jobs, and the United Farm Workers union, and California wine, etc, but it is not like the old days when the immigrants could get jobs as soon as they got here.

As far as the government, Biden is going to create a lot of jobs, I hope we get high speed trains, etc, and I hope the economy can be stimulated.

Now, we are going to be flooded with immigrants from Afghanistan. I recommend Battle Mountain, Nevada, as the land is cheap and plentiful, and I recommend Merced, California, as Merced has some jobs, and Merced will have a station on the California high speed train route.

Do not come to Los Angeles, unless you want to attend school. It is hard to get a job in Los Angeles and the streets are full of homeless people. I was born in Los Angeles and ended up homeless, so even the locals who were born here are out there homeless. You are better off to go to Battle Mountain, Nevada, or to Merced, California. But, Los Angeles has great schools.

It is hard, and it is even harder for the immigrants. The immigrants need to join unions, and we need to make sure that they are able to open new businesses and achieve their dreams. We need to support the dreamers with business loans, etc.

My advice to the immigrants is to study, and learn, and be prepared to open your own company to create your own job.

In the old days they would help a new guy when he moved into the neighborhood, but it is not like that anymore. People can try to help the new immigrants more when they arrive here.

Rent is expensive, and jobs are hard to get, the people from Afghanistan are arriving in America at a very difficult time.

We have Wellness Centers for the people who end up homeless, and we have Catholic charities, etc, but it is very hard right now. Maybe the immigrants can get those shovel ready jobs that Biden is creating, but right now jobs are hard to get, even for the locals.

I am not going to sugar-coat it, times are very hard right now, and if you can succeed then you are very lucky and blessed. If you have a home, and if you have food to eat, then you are very lucky. It is going to be very hard for the new immigrants from Afghanistan. They need to avoid the bad neighborhoods, and they need to check out Battle Mountain, Nevada, and Merced, California.

And I recommend college, and business school. The USA has great schools, the immigrants need to take advantage of our great schools.

Salute,

Tony V.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #15265 on: August 30, 2021, 05:00:48 PM »

Rasmussen this morning

Majority Rate Biden 'Poor' on Afghanistan Fear Hundreds of Americans Left Behind
thanks

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #15266 on: August 30, 2021, 05:03:13 PM »

In reality hundreds of Americans and tens of thousands of Afghans were left behind 

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15267 on: August 30, 2021, 05:07:52 PM »

6000 more troops and 6-8 months and we can get this thing done correctly.

Thoughts?

I don't think there is a "correctly."

It might see us able to get the rest of the folks who we ought to be evacuating out. It might not.

I think trying to do it after the Taliban has taken over our bases, the cities, and much of our weaponry seems hazardous at best and am unconvinced that is is fair or wise to ask of our soldiers.

Preferring to leave our people trapped there.....

Nice.

Your interpretation, not what I said.

Nice.
Also, no reason to think the extra time is needed to complete that mission, or that the extra personnel will help with anything except dick swinging image.

A good number of Americans, those seeking to re-route arms deals and surveillance tech contracts to the Taliban and those seeking to see how they feel about growing and processing poppies this time around among others, will choose to stay in country regardless.

Trump may send one of his sons to see if he can get a hotel going somewhere near Kabul.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15268 on: August 30, 2021, 05:09:55 PM »

That's good people right there.

Generally.

You as well.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15269 on: August 30, 2021, 05:10:56 PM »

She knew the risks.

She knew the risks and made the choice. You are too insensitive to have noticed that while I mourned her death, I did not mourn her choice to go. Nor did I wag my finger at anybody, the way you are - and the way I am, now, at you.

She signed up out of high school because it was the only legal way she could earn enough money to support her family and herself at the same time.

Yes, she could still be alive had she not joined the marines, Hamilton. She could have died doing something else, instead, though it certainly seems less likely in this moment. We don't know, cannot know the ramifications of our actions in full. Perhaps she would still be alive, but not just another killed in her place on the same assignment instead of her, but others dead because she had not been there. Or others alive because she had not been there.

We cannot know.

We do know she is dead.

And all your pissy efforts to provoke me with personal attacks don't change that one whit.

However, this is exactly the kind of personal attack that you have been warned against repeatedly.

If you see my clear comments as "personal attack", then you are showing either that you can't read or that you can't put aside your own prejudice.

Or both.

The personal attacks launched here routinely by your leftist allies go ignored, though.

Typical.

That you can neither recognize that as a personal attack nor tell the difference between that sort of post and the usual mudslinging is a major part of the problem. That as far as I or any of us can tell you have no interest in acquiring such understanding is the rest of it.

I have no idea how you might go about acquiring empathy for others, Ham. I wish I did.

You are on posting hiatus for a few days to give it some thought. We'll see where it goes, but given the short time between your attacks around Larry's deceased wife and this bullshit, it seems unlikely to make much of a difference in your posting proclivities.
Pages: 1 ... 1016 1017 [1018] 1019 1020 ... 2926