Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1017 1018 [1019] 1020 1021 ... 2926

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 754532 times)

luee

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #15270 on: August 30, 2021, 05:53:13 PM »

Kamala Harris has told the people of Latin America not to come to the USA because she knows it is hard right now, along with the problems from the corona crisis, we also have had a sinking economy and closing factories. Vice President Harris knows that we just do not have enough jobs for the immigrants. The factories are all closed. So, the immigrants cannot expect a job to be provided for them, and the immigrants need to study hard and they need to create their own jobs, and they need to open their own factories.

Many of the new factories in the USA are being opened by new immigrants. The new immigrants are coming to the USA with their dreams and they are creating jobs here, for themselves and for others.

When the immigrants come to the USA with their dreams, we need to make sure that they can find the financing, etc, to make their dreams a reality.

Also, many immigrants become doctors, etc. My doctor is from the Philippines.

We still have farm jobs, and the United Farm Workers union, and California wine, etc, but it is not like the old days when the immigrants could get jobs as soon as they got here.

As far as the government, Biden is going to create a lot of jobs, I hope we get high speed trains, etc, and I hope the economy can be stimulated.

Now, we are going to be flooded with immigrants from Afghanistan. I recommend Battle Mountain, Nevada, as the land is cheap and plentiful, and I recommend Merced, California, as Merced has some jobs, and Merced will have a station on the California high speed train route.

Do not come to Los Angeles, unless you want to attend school. It is hard to get a job in Los Angeles and the streets are full of homeless people. I was born in Los Angeles and ended up homeless, so even the locals who were born here are out there homeless. You are better off to go to Battle Mountain, Nevada, or to Merced, California. But, Los Angeles has great schools.

It is hard, and it is even harder for the immigrants. The immigrants need to join unions, and we need to make sure that they are able to open new businesses and achieve their dreams. We need to support the dreamers with business loans, etc.

My advice to the immigrants is to study, and learn, and be prepared to open your own company to create your own job.

In the old days they would help a new guy when he moved into the neighborhood, but it is not like that anymore. People can try to help the new immigrants more when they arrive here.

Rent is expensive, and jobs are hard to get, the people from Afghanistan are arriving in America at a very difficult time.

We have Wellness Centers for the people who end up homeless, and we have Catholic charities, etc, but it is very hard right now. Maybe the immigrants can get those shovel ready jobs that Biden is creating, but right now jobs are hard to get, even for the locals.

I am not going to sugar-coat it, times are very hard right now, and if you can succeed then you are very lucky and blessed. If you have a home, and if you have food to eat, then you are very lucky. It is going to be very hard for the new immigrants from Afghanistan. They need to avoid the bad neighborhoods, and they need to check out Battle Mountain, Nevada, and Merced, California.

And I recommend college, and business school. The USA has great schools, the immigrants need to take advantage of our great schools.

Salute,

Tony V.

Although not a big fan when she ran. I believe in Kamela as a fine choice for president in 2024 for taking a more realistic approach, far removed from the radical fringe doctrines of the "sisters".
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #15271 on: August 30, 2021, 06:47:49 PM »

My wealthiest and most powerful friend who I ever had was an immigrant from the Philippines, she was awesome, and she was born rich, she spent her whole life helping others, and everything she touched turned to gold. Her first business when she came to Los Angeles was a Filipino night club named Manila Gardens, it was a huge success, and then she opened a bakery, and she started her own construction company and she got into real estate, she had an Italian restaurant, and she did other stuff, she was very rich. She bought mansions and filled the mansions full of homeless people, and then she cooked home-cooked meals for the people in her houses. She was awesome, and she is a great role model about how to enjoy your money, you enjoy your money by giving it away and by helping others. She was an amazing woman.

She was a wealthy immigrant, but she was born wealthy. Then she spent her whole life giving her money away.

Salute,

Tony V.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15272 on: August 30, 2021, 07:04:38 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15273 on: August 30, 2021, 07:09:56 PM »

Damn

That is some palpably false religious teaching by some top to bottom crooks
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #15274 on: August 30, 2021, 07:11:20 PM »

I putting Josh on a Posting Hiatus.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #15275 on: August 30, 2021, 08:58:01 PM »

My wealthiest and most powerful friend who I ever had was an immigrant from the Philippines, she was awesome, and she was born rich, she spent her whole life helping others, and everything she touched turned to gold. Her first business when she came to Los Angeles was a Filipino night club named Manila Gardens, it was a huge success, and then she opened a bakery, and she started her own construction company and she got into real estate, she had an Italian restaurant, and she did other stuff, she was very rich. She bought mansions and filled the mansions full of homeless people, and then she cooked home-cooked meals for the people in her houses. She was awesome, and she is a great role model about how to enjoy your money, you enjoy your money by giving it away and by helping others. She was an amazing woman.

She was a wealthy immigrant, but she was born wealthy. Then she spent her whole life giving her money away.

Salute,

Tony V.

Yes, born rich one has the chance to have a long and happy life.
Wealthy people live longer, as a general rule...can afford the best of healthy food.
Good story about your friend, who helped many people.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15276 on: August 30, 2021, 10:01:25 PM »

Yep.  Absolutely.  Josh gets the IGGY til Ham is back.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #15277 on: August 30, 2021, 10:13:02 PM »

Dingus and dumbass have weighed in

If the both of you would stop voting it would be a stronger statement and everyone including you both would benefit

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15278 on: August 30, 2021, 10:18:54 PM »

Yay!

Motivation for me to never let Ham back in.

Nice to know how insincere Kit's condolences to me were.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #15279 on: August 30, 2021, 10:26:20 PM »

The problem with banishment is that banishees feel they can stake a claim to martyrdom.
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #15280 on: August 30, 2021, 10:32:42 PM »

IGGY?

Do something real... hold your fucking breath
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15281 on: August 30, 2021, 10:53:04 PM »

Felt like I was holding my breath all night - at a school function, masked for 2.5 hours.

My God - these kids - 8 hours a day.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #15282 on: August 30, 2021, 11:06:09 PM »

America is leaving thousands of people behind in Afghanistan. This is a moral disaster

Washington Post

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #15283 on: August 30, 2021, 11:08:51 PM »

The problem with banishment is that banishees feel they can stake a claim to martyrdom.

Only if you announce it.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #15284 on: August 30, 2021, 11:22:46 PM »

Felt like I was holding my breath all night - at a school function, masked for 2.5 hours.

My God - these kids - 8 hours a day.

Can you not pretreat with some kind of bovine enema or whatever your thought leaders are shilling this week?

Maybe get a better mask
Pages: 1 ... 1017 1018 [1019] 1020 1021 ... 2926