Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1023 1024 [1025] 1026 1027 ... 2926

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 755125 times)

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #15360 on: September 01, 2021, 02:37:35 PM »

I want to make new friends who are Christians, and I would like to find a good Christian wife.

I suggest posting to Christian internet sites, Tony, not here.

I am pretty sure none of us is going to introduce you to our single Christian women friends or relatives.

But I am sorry that you are having such a hard time.

Thanks Josh.

I was just sharing my thoughts with you guys, I did not expect any help from anyone.

I was just sharing how I feel right now.

Salute,

Tony V.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15361 on: September 01, 2021, 02:47:51 PM »

A couple related news items of interest:

https://www.medpagetoday.com/special-reports/exclusives/94247 - ER docs who spread COVID misinformation will be penalized by their association

and

https://www.medpagetoday.com/special-reports/exclusives/94206 - A doctor posted to an anti-vax site that he would give mask waivers to folks for $50 after a crackdown in his area was announced.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15362 on: September 01, 2021, 02:54:39 PM »

Add this to the mix:
https://time.com/6092368/americas-frontline-doctors-covid-19-misinformation/

AMFD is allegedly a medical group - they pass along interested folks to physicians who promise to prescribe ivermectin for Covid-19.

Some do, some don't. Some collect their $90 consult fee and disappear when the pharmacy won't permit the prescription.

Scam city.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #15363 on: September 01, 2021, 02:55:59 PM »

Salute Tony's V's "the world used to be better when it was all Christian" post manages to be wildly offensive as well as being wildly off-topic.

Great work. 

« Last Edit: September 01, 2021, 02:59:45 PM by Yankguy1 »
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

Holly Martins

« Reply #15364 on: September 01, 2021, 03:31:08 PM »

An all Zen world might be OK.  Peace,  less stress,  long tea breaks at work,  no animal cruelty,  healthy diet,  and more affordable housing with very small budgets for furniture.  All in one syllable,  too!   

You could go to a (tofu) hotdog vendor and say "make me one with everything!"

The Internet Age is also the Scam Age.   

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #15365 on: September 01, 2021, 03:39:29 PM »

NM
« Last Edit: September 01, 2021, 03:51:44 PM by bankshot1 »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #15366 on: September 01, 2021, 03:40:02 PM »

The world has become a horrible and cold place, the music is about suicide and worshiping Satan, we have homeless people on our streets while so called pastors live in giant mansions. It is sad.

I was homeless out on the streets for 2 years, the world is a cold and hard place. And I was clean and sober, and I was begging for honest work. Right here in the USA where I was born. I was homeless in an area where my father helped to build the roads, and my grandfather helped to put in the water system, etc.

It is sad that a man can be so alone, in an area where he was born.

And here is my idea of the old days, when I was in Youth For Christ we went to Mexico to help the orphans and the people who lived in a garbage dump, we cared about people, and no one had to pay us to help orphans and to help poor people.

Right now we have thousands of homeless people on the streets, I see them everyday when I go for a walk. Where are the Christians who are supposed to be helping the homeless people?

People are greedy, and selfish, and sef centered, and people do not care about other people like the old days, like real Christians used to do.

My friend Lisa spent her whole life helping the homeless people, she was a good Christian from the Philippines.

We have Chef Bruno here in  Anaheim who feeds the homeless, he is a good Christian who has been blessed by Pope Francis. We still have a few good Christians, but it is not like the Oregon of my youth, or even when I was in Youth For Christ, and also when I worked for the YMCA.

In the old days I would be out there helping the homeless, but instead now when I am homeless no one cares about me, I was homeless for 2 years. Not only can I not help others, but I cannot even help myself.

I might move to Rome soon. I might use my stimulus money to move to Italy.

And for sure if I sell a movie script, I am moving to Italy.

Just a few thoughts.

I had a good Christian friend who used to drive around in a van with a female psychologist and they picked up the homeless people and they took them to a shelter, they worked for free to help the homeless. He died from cancer, but he was a great guy.

There are still a few good people, but the streets are full of homeless people and the helpers are rare.

I had a good Christian friend who put together a team to sell hot dogs and beer at Angel Stadium, and at the Rose Bowl, etc, and they raised over one million dollars for charity to feed hungry people, they raised money for Canning Hunger. He died from a heart attack, but he was a great guy.

Now, all people do is talk about how bad White guys are, and about how bad Christians are, and I was homeless for 2 years in my own fucking country.

And there is nothing cool about being a "Rugged Individualist" while everyone else is smart enough to have a community, and to work union jobs, etc. You need to have a support system. And for the thousands of homeless people on the streets, they need a place to go.

We have Wellness Centers, and I know a lady who went to Washington DC and got money to help the mentally ill and homeless people in Orange County. There are still some good people. But, as I see the homeless on the streets, I get so depressed. And I feel very alone in the world right now. I want to have friends in real life, and I am tired of being isolated from the corona crisis, I got my Moderna shots, and I want to have friends again in real life.

And the local bar has had stabbings lately, so the bars are not safe.

Trump is a scumbag, and the world has been going down-hill.

In my opinion we need more good people who do the right things because it is the right thing to do, and we need more good old fashioned integrity. And it sucks that everything is a scam now.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2021, 03:42:08 PM by FlyingVProd »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15367 on: September 01, 2021, 03:53:54 PM »

Remember when Biden didn't run because Beau had died?

Some spiritual types never recover from losing a child (yes, Beau was a grown man of 46 but still...)

This President is severely damaged - and gets truly lost in his grief.  And unable.

But he was their needed pawn.  And thus does serve for now.

Joe's legacy is now at stake in his decision whether or not to resign

Unfortunately Biden's decision to exit Afghanistan came at a cost, but that was always going to be the case for the last poor schmuck to turn off the lights. But Joe had the balls to do it. He was right on policy but execution seemed rushed. I thought it was poorly executed, and said so immediately. However it was going to be chaotic no matter who or when we exited and barring another decade or two or three of US blood and treasure (that phrases reminds me of pirates) political opponents would find a reason to condemn Biden and try to turn the dead into political currency.

Fucking assholes.

Biden was long-term smart but maybe short-term dumb, that might cost him huge politically. But we'll have to see how it plays out.

For Elba's village idiot, who kept quiet about a corrupt and inept president who killed 650,000 Americans with his policy choices and lies, that he knew would harm this country, to ask for Biden's resignation over ending a bad policy decision that carried painful costs, is beyond hypocritical.

Nice work kid.

In your opinion - had Trump not entered into an agreement with the Taliban, what would Joe Biden's action have been re:  Afghanistan and in what time frame?

Thanks.

(by the way - "I don't know" is fine)
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #15369 on: September 01, 2021, 04:04:17 PM »

Remember when Biden didn't run because Beau had died?

Some spiritual types never recover from losing a child (yes, Beau was a grown man of 46 but still...)

This President is severely damaged - and gets truly lost in his grief.  And unable.

But he was their needed pawn.  And thus does serve for now.

Joe's legacy is now at stake in his decision whether or not to resign

Unfortunately Biden's decision to exit Afghanistan came at a cost, but that was always going to be the case for the last poor schmuck to turn off the lights. But Joe had the balls to do it. He was right on policy but execution seemed rushed. I thought it was poorly executed, and said so immediately. However it was going to be chaotic no matter who or when we exited and barring another decade or two or three of US blood and treasure (that phrases reminds me of pirates) political opponents would find a reason to condemn Biden and try to turn the dead into political currency.

Fucking assholes.

Biden was long-term smart but maybe short-term dumb, that might cost him huge politically. But we'll have to see how it plays out.

For Elba's village idiot, who kept quiet about a corrupt and inept president who killed 650,000 Americans with his policy choices and lies, that he knew would harm this country, to ask for Biden's resignation over ending a bad policy decision that carried painful costs, is beyond hypocritical.

Nice work kid.

In your opinion - had Trump not entered into an agreement with the Taliban, what would Joe Biden's action have been re:  Afghanistan and in what time frame?

Thanks.

(by the way - "I don't know" is fine)

IDK

But I suspect wind down our involvement there and exit with some guarantees and maybe an understanding about mutual self interests.

I don't like the power vacuum that has been left there, and am concerned about tilts in power that work against our best long-term interests. But I'm not sure what a good middle ground might entail that is both politically feasible in the US or in Afghanistan.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #15370 on: September 01, 2021, 04:15:01 PM »

Tony

The last Christian woman in Elba, got off the boat, looked around, and ran away in horror.

A few words of advice, try dating websites.

I've met some very nice Christian women on JDate, for some reason they just seemed different from most of the woman there.

Or you could try Match, eharmony or perhaps taking a hint from Mathew 4:19 (teach a man to fish...) try Plenty of Fish, where as the name suggests you could eat for a lifetime, as long as you have a taste for tuna.

or maybe you should join a church where you could meet and charm a single woman of your preferred faith and find the companionship you seem to desire.

Last thought, learned from experience in your particular desire, be careful what you wish for.

Good luck and good fishing

and Tony to add on to yankguy's observation, when exactly was the world all Christian?

Or is that just a goal?

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #15372 on: September 01, 2021, 04:43:19 PM »

During the war in Afghanistan I had a neighbor who had a son-in-law who served in Afghanistan, and while he was gone serving he left his wife and kid at my neighbor's house.

It was a very bad neighborhood with gangs, and drugs, and mentally ill people, and with criminals, it was bad, and so the lady was afraid to walk to the store alone, so she used to come get me to walk to the store with her.

Her and I became very close, and she ended up hanging out at my home everyday, and we barbecued steaks, and we made margaritas, etc, we spent a lot of time together. She was young and beautiful, and a lot of men might be tempted to try to have sex with her, or to try to take her away from the Marine, but not me. I am a Christian and I would never have sex with another man's wife, and I would never do that, plus I respected that the Marine was gone serving our country.

I watched over the woman and the child, we had a lot of fun together, and I never even thought about doing anything wrong with her. 

We live in a world where people would have sex with her, and then go on Jerry Springer. 

Or people would have sex with her and just say, "It just happened, I could not help it." 

Or, "When it is love you just can't help it."

Bullshit.

If she has a husband then she is off limits, and especially if her husband is a good Marine who is serving our nation. While he was protecting our country, I helped to protect his wife and kid. 

Also, as a Christian, God is always watching, when no one else can see, God can see. And all men will be judged by God.

Salute,

Tony V.

Holly Martins

« Reply #15373 on: September 01, 2021, 04:48:13 PM »

https://www.npr.org/2021/09/01/1031899066/cdc-eviction-ban-moratorium-emergency-rental-assistance-memphis

Gets into the approach of bulk settlements,  which seems like a good one.   

Holly Martins

« Reply #15374 on: September 01, 2021, 04:50:09 PM »

NM

Okay.   But then why not just delete? 
Pages: 1 ... 1023 1024 [1025] 1026 1027 ... 2926