Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1024 1025 [1026] 1027 1028 ... 2926

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 755137 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #15375 on: September 01, 2021, 05:07:21 PM »

During the war in Afghanistan I had a neighbor who had a son-in-law who served in Afghanistan, and while he was gone serving he left his wife and kid at my neighbor's house.

It was a very bad neighborhood with gangs, and drugs, and mentally ill people, and with criminals, it was bad, and so the lady was afraid to walk to the store alone, so she used to come get me to walk to the store with her.

Her and I became very close, and she ended up hanging out at my home everyday, and we barbecued steaks, and we made margaritas, etc, we spent a lot of time together. She was young and beautiful, and a lot of men might be tempted to try to have sex with her, or to try to take her away from the Marine, but not me. I am a Christian and I would never have sex with another man's wife, and I would never do that, plus I respected that the Marine was gone serving our country.

I watched over the woman and the child, we had a lot of fun together, and I never even thought about doing anything wrong with her.

We live in a world where people would have sex with her, and then go on Jerry Springer.

Or people would have sex with her and just say, "It just happened, I could not help it."

Or, "When it is love you just can't help it."

Bullshit.

If she has a husband then she is off limits, and especially if her husband is a good Marine who is serving our nation. While he was protecting our country, I helped to protect his wife and kid.

Also, as a Christian, God is always watching, when no one else can see, God can see. And all men will be judged by God.

Salute,

Tony V.

Hit it and quit it...
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #15376 on: September 01, 2021, 05:08:09 PM »

NM

Okay.   But then why not just delete?

I had a long post that for some technical reason did not post fully, and I tried to fix it, but the fix did not take, and I do not like to delete posts. It strikes me as less than forthright. So I NMed it instead, indicating my intention to post.

But my turn for a question.

Barton with all the interesting things to comment on, and add some content to, many issues which Tony brought up or kid brought up, why did you only comment on my post, which was likely the least offensive post posted in Elba since Hammy got booted for the high crime of insufficient empathy?

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #15377 on: September 01, 2021, 06:14:41 PM »

A question no one is asking,where is Kamala?

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15378 on: September 01, 2021, 06:21:36 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/01/politics/far-right-groups-praise-taliban-takeover/index.html

Far right/white supremacist groups have been praising the Taliban takeover of Afghanistan.

Just in case you wondered what they stand for.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15379 on: September 01, 2021, 06:23:12 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/01/politics/mitch-mcconnell-impeachment-biden/index.html

McConnell says there will be no impeachment of Biden.

Just in case you wondered who is calling the shots in Kevin McCarthy's head, Kevin or Mitch.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15380 on: September 01, 2021, 06:24:45 PM »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15381 on: September 01, 2021, 06:32:38 PM »

https://www.npr.org/2021/09/01/1031899066/cdc-eviction-ban-moratorium-emergency-rental-assistance-memphis

Gets into the approach of bulk settlements,  which seems like a good one.

Nice

This should be happening everywhere
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15382 on: September 01, 2021, 06:34:56 PM »

A question no one is asking,where is Kamala?

She is quietly saving you from your lifetime of mistakes

No need to thank her you fascist weasel
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #15383 on: September 01, 2021, 07:20:55 PM »

Biden left Americans stranded, Commander in Callousness

Holly Martins

« Reply #15384 on: September 01, 2021, 07:21:52 PM »

NM

Okay.   But then why not just delete?

I had a long post that for some technical reason did not post fully, and I tried to fix it, but the fix did not take, and I do not like to delete posts. It strikes me as less than forthright. So I NMed it instead, indicating my intention to post.

But my turn for a question.

Barton with all the interesting things to comment on, and add some content to, many issues which Tony brought up or kid brought up, why did you only comment on my post, which was likely the least offensive post posted in Elba since Hammy got booted for the high crime of insufficient empathy?

The jocular vein in which I posted clearly needed an emoticon.  No serious comment intended.   Really a play off the concept of "never mind. "

I've posted several times today on other comments,  as well as on bulk settlements to renters....that post directly preceded my unserious one.   I confess I don't often find much in Tony's posts that I can adequately address, brimful of idealism though they may be.   

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #15385 on: September 01, 2021, 07:33:06 PM »

Holly Martins

« Reply #15386 on: September 01, 2021, 07:34:21 PM »

Yawn.....

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #15387 on: September 01, 2021, 07:43:20 PM »

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #15388 on: September 01, 2021, 07:43:48 PM »

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #15389 on: September 01, 2021, 07:44:02 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 1024 1025 [1026] 1027 1028 ... 2926