Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1038 1039 [1040] 1041 1042 ... 2926

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 755543 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #15585 on: September 05, 2021, 02:58:22 PM »

Tucker finally has an official job title at Fox

Human Manure Spreader

He is the most highly paid in the field
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15587 on: September 05, 2021, 04:49:50 PM »

For those intent on trying to blame Biden for Afghanistan comes this from WaPo

Shades of Vietnam and many other scenarios.

How can anybody make good decisions with bad information?!

NOTE: This is from 2019. But both the GOP and the Democrats seem to have chosen to forget it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2019/investigations/afghanistan-papers/afghanistan-war-confidential-documents

A confidential trove of government documents obtained by The Washington Post reveals that senior U.S. officials failed to tell the truth about the war in Afghanistan throughout the 18-year campaign, making rosy pronouncements they knew to be false and hiding unmistakable evidence the war had become unwinnable.

The documents were generated by a federal project examining the root failures of the longest armed conflict in U.S. history. They include more than 2,000 pages of previously unpublished notes of interviews with people who played a direct role in the war, from generals and diplomats to aid workers and Afghan officials.

The U.S. government tried to shield the identities of the vast majority of those interviewed for the project and conceal nearly all of their remarks. The Post won release of the documents under the Freedom of Information Act after a three-year legal battle.

THE FIGHT FOR THE DOCUMENTS
About the investigation
It took three years and two federal lawsuits for The Post to pry loose 2,000 pages of interview records

In the interviews, more than 400 insiders offered unrestrained criticism of what went wrong in Afghanistan and how the United States became mired in nearly two decades of warfare.

With a bluntness rarely expressed in public, the interviews lay bare pent-up complaints, frustrations and confessions, along with second-guessing and backbiting.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2021, 04:51:30 PM by josh »
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #15588 on: September 05, 2021, 06:52:27 PM »

I will say this for the broken posting process.

It has cut down extremely on the spam posts!
Except for yours

Holly Martins

« Reply #15589 on: September 05, 2021, 07:20:34 PM »

We practice much of that and our area, when it has officially been in drought for months, is still largely green and lush, if not nearly where it is right now, with sufficient water that there is a puddle in my basement.

Lawns are a modern abomination which I suspect were pushed on us by the companies wishing to sell us their mowers, though I have not done the research on the history of lawns (yet).

The places that require lawns are bizarre.

The places that regulate cisterns and water barrels... that's a different issue.

I am not indulging in drought boasting,  but will say that drought probably means something different in eastern Mass than here.   (who knows,  we may someday have transcontinental water pipelines, though the energy involved in pumping would be crazy...)

Yes,  regulating cisterns has its issues - makes some sense to regulate and inspect  where people might not properly set up the system  to keep the water safe,  clean,  mosquito larvae free,  etc. 

As my wife points out,  as simple a measure as gravel instead of paving makes a difference in how the land retains rain water.   

Holly Martins

« Reply #15590 on: September 05, 2021, 07:22:32 PM »

Except for yours

What product or service was Josh trying to sell?   I missed that...

Holly Martins

« Reply #15591 on: September 05, 2021, 07:24:04 PM »

My garden is in half whiskey barrels and terracotta pots

My whiskey is in garden barrels....

Holly Martins

« Reply #15592 on: September 05, 2021, 07:28:45 PM »

http://www.salon.com/2021/09/05/texas-anti-abortion-tip-website-gets-new-home-with-controversial-provider-known-for-neo-nazi-sites/

Nuke Epik

Epik actually asked these sanctimonious twits to disable their tipline or get booted.   So it's disabled.   And if they find some other darkweb hole to operate in,  bear in mind that many skilled hackers are also people who love personal freedom.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #15593 on: September 05, 2021, 07:41:58 PM »

Except for yours

What product or service was Josh trying to sell?   I missed that...
You miss a lot

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15594 on: September 05, 2021, 07:45:28 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #15595 on: September 05, 2021, 07:53:21 PM »

When CLinton needed to change subjects he bombed a pill factory.
Biden takes on SCOTUS over a non threatening abortion act in Texas.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #15596 on: September 05, 2021, 09:21:57 PM »

When CLinton needed to change subjects he bombed a pill factory.
Biden takes on SCOTUS over a non threatening abortion act in Texas.

Non-threatening?

You're a fucking moron.

Millions of women are put in harms way over the fascistic wet dreams of pro-life authoritarians to control women, and exercise power, so they are denied the ability to make their own reasoned choices about their lives, but you do not feel threatened.

And anyone who would come to their aide could be penalized.

You really are stupid.

I would call you short-sighted, but you are fucking blind.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15597 on: September 05, 2021, 09:38:59 PM »

NM

Okay.   But then why not just delete?

I had a long post that for some technical reason did not post fully, and I tried to fix it, but the fix did not take, and I do not like to delete posts. It strikes me as less than forthright. So I NMed it instead, indicating my intention to post.

But my turn for a question.

Barton with all the interesting things to comment on, and add some content to, many issues which Tony brought up or kid brought up, why did you only comment on my post, which was likely the least offensive post posted in Elba since Hammy got booted for the high crime of insufficient empathy?

The jocular vein in which I posted clearly needed an emoticon.  No serious comment intended.   Really a play off the concept of "never mind. "

I've posted several times today on other comments,  as well as on bulk settlements to renters....that post directly preceded my unserious one.   I confess I don't often find much in Tony's posts that I can adequately address, brimful of idealism though they may be.

Without addressing whether Tony is serious/infantile/or a performance artist producing some demented off the wall art, his posts contain enough sexist, politically incorrect, religious intolerance that it should keep Elba's social justice warriors on their toes. They should be addressed.

I've wondered whether his Elba hall pass was a general concern over abusing the emotionally ill, which may be a legit concern. Consequently I try to handle his content politely but in a pointed manner, but I think my responses are clear, to his ramblings, which you call idealistic.

And you are entitled to characterizing Tony's posts however you like.

But I do not believe mental illness is an adequate excuse for sexist/religiously intolerant content not being called out and questioned, which I've started to do.

YMMV

When I get the time I will delete my truly offensive post that sparked your ire and interest.  :)

Heh

If I wrote that, josh would banish me.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #15598 on: September 05, 2021, 09:44:42 PM »

NM

Okay.   But then why not just delete?

I had a long post that for some technical reason did not post fully, and I tried to fix it, but the fix did not take, and I do not like to delete posts. It strikes me as less than forthright. So I NMed it instead, indicating my intention to post.

But my turn for a question.

Barton with all the interesting things to comment on, and add some content to, many issues which Tony brought up or kid brought up, why did you only comment on my post, which was likely the least offensive post posted in Elba since Hammy got booted for the high crime of insufficient empathy?

The jocular vein in which I posted clearly needed an emoticon.  No serious comment intended.   Really a play off the concept of "never mind. "

I've posted several times today on other comments,  as well as on bulk settlements to renters....that post directly preceded my unserious one.   I confess I don't often find much in Tony's posts that I can adequately address, brimful of idealism though they may be.

Without addressing whether Tony is serious/infantile/or a performance artist producing some demented off the wall art, his posts contain enough sexist, politically incorrect, religious intolerance that it should keep Elba's social justice warriors on their toes. They should be addressed.

I've wondered whether his Elba hall pass was a general concern over abusing the emotionally ill, which may be a legit concern. Consequently I try to handle his content politely but in a pointed manner, but I think my responses are clear, to his ramblings, which you call idealistic.

And you are entitled to characterizing Tony's posts however you like.

But I do not believe mental illness is an adequate excuse for sexist/religiously intolerant content not being called out and questioned, which I've started to do.

YMMV

When I get the time I will delete my truly offensive post that sparked your ire and interest.  :)

Heh

If I wrote that, josh would banish me.

I show empathy in my unsparing honesty.

I hope you learned your lesson and will be appropriately empathetic in the future.

and fwiw, I thought your banning was bullshit, but knock off the racist crap, it doesn't carry the message or impact you desire.

welcome back

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15599 on: September 05, 2021, 09:56:03 PM »

"I have thought it my duty to exhibit things as they are, not as they ought to be."

A. Hamilton.

The woke crowd here would have banned him, too.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.
Pages: 1 ... 1038 1039 [1040] 1041 1042 ... 2926