Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1040 1041 [1042] 1043 1044 ... 2926

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 755637 times)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #15615 on: September 06, 2021, 10:37:16 AM »

"I have thought it my duty to exhibit things as they are, not as they ought to be."

A. Hamilton.

The woke crowd here would have banned him, too.

You have much more in common with a ham sandwich than you do Alexander Hamilton starting with your DNA.

Oh, do keep compounding your ignorance. It's amusing.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #15616 on: September 06, 2021, 10:40:51 AM »

"I have thought it my duty to exhibit things as they are, not as they ought to be."

A. Hamilton.

You have much more in common with a ham sandwich than you do Alexander Hamilton starting with your DNA.

Ham wants to pretend he doesn't know why he got a posting ban, so he can plead innocent when he pushes the same button again.

It won't fly.

See my message to you. There is no reason for you to keep trying to rewrite history.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Holly Martins

« Reply #15617 on: September 06, 2021, 10:52:51 AM »

I know it's not evening yet,  but happy new year (Rosh Hashanah) and apples and honey to Josh,  Banks,  and Ham(?) and wishing you inner renewal.   

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15618 on: September 06, 2021, 12:14:26 PM »

West Wing nuts...

My SO and I watched the finale of season four last night,  which was Sorkin's last show before he departed.   We're fairly blown away,  and reeling from the sheer amount of plot and emotion contained in the last two episodes.   

A friend has hinted that we may have peaked in our experience of the series and that the next three seasons won't be quite the same,  but I trust these actors will still be turning out some fine television.   

I hope that dove pecking on the window,  earlier in season four,  was Donna's secret love for Josh,  nagging at her from the subconscious. 

We usually watch once a week,  but might check in tonight,  to see if "bookbag" is okay.

Sorkin is a genius

But your friend is a fool for dissipating your excitement for Seasons 5-7

Let us know when you get to THE SUPREMES.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #15619 on: September 06, 2021, 12:24:39 PM »

Bart-Thanks for the Rosh Hashana/HNY wishes

I think a lot of us could use some spiritual refreshening

So in that vein Shana Tova to the Elbanese community.

and a blast or a few from the past

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJi0DVCfWQI

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #15620 on: September 06, 2021, 12:27:13 PM »

https://news.yahoo.com/regain-control-women-says-former-081226582.html

Jack, a former spokesman for the INCEL (involuntary celibate) community, claims that men are discriminated against in society.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15621 on: September 06, 2021, 12:28:28 PM »

A. Hamilton.

Why? Was he a punk ass who repeatedly doxxed people like you? Or did you conveniently forget why you were justly kicked of this forum again?

Actually, you are lucky. Back in his day when you pulled that kind of behavior, like claiming a political rival fucked his daughter, you got permanently fucking canceled.
A parrot bit me.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15622 on: September 06, 2021, 12:37:00 PM »

The glaciers started melting 11,000 years ago.
Jackson Glacier has lost about half its size in the last 50 years. It, like all 150 (1850) of the glaciers in Glacier National Park, will likely be gone in 10 years.
A parrot bit me.

Holly Martins

« Reply #15623 on: September 06, 2021, 01:24:13 PM »

I blame the Rothschild space laser for that one.   

Holly Martins

« Reply #15624 on: September 06, 2021, 01:34:04 PM »

West Wing nuts...

My SO and I watched the finale of season four last night,  which was Sorkin's last show before he departed.   We're fairly blown away,  and reeling from the sheer amount of plot and emotion contained in the last two episodes.   

A friend has hinted that we may have peaked in our experience of the series and that the next three seasons won't be quite the same,  but I trust these actors will still be turning out some fine television.   

I hope that dove pecking on the window,  earlier in season four,  was Donna's secret love for Josh,  nagging at her from the subconscious. 

We usually watch once a week,  but might check in tonight,  to see if "bookbag" is okay.

Sorkin is a genius

But your friend is a fool for dissipating your excitement for Seasons 5-7

Let us know when you get to THE SUPREMES.

Will do.   My excitement remains -- Wells seems pretty capable.   

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15625 on: September 06, 2021, 02:14:57 PM »

Bart-Thanks for the Rosh Hashana/HNY wishes

I think a lot of us could use some spiritual refreshening

So in that vein Shana Tova to the Elbanese community.

and a blast or a few from the past

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJi0DVCfWQI
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #15626 on: September 06, 2021, 02:21:07 PM »

I watched a show on Public Television last night about the economy in the USA, it was sad.

The economy in the USA was bad before the corona crisis, and now it is horrible.

And the show showed places such as Youngstown, Ohio, where the jobs left and never returned, where once it was easy to find work, but now the city is a ghetto.

One city that is thriving is Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, they were saved by education. Everyone studied, and they created high tech jobs, etc.

The show also shows that the Middle Class jobs are leaving, they called it the "bar bell" economy, with low end jobs and high end jobs but with no middle class jobs.

The answer is to improve education, and to have great unions. We also need to get better trade deals with other nations, and other nations need labor unions and fair pay for workers, etc , so that they can afford to buy our goods.

Americans need to also work together as a team to improve the situation. No one can fix things by themselves, we need team-work.

Anaheim started growing grapes and making wine, then a root disease killed off the grapes, so then people grew oranges and strawberries, and then Walt Disney built Disneyland. Now the economy in Anaheim is all built on Disneyland and Tourism. Anaheim had to change and grow and evolve. Next Anaheim needs a modern movie studio, etc, to continue to grow in good ways.

2 years of free community college for all Americans is a start, we need for Americans to take advantage of it. And people can train for jobs that they can do from home offices, etc.

We can also have more scientists, and more research and development, and more laboratories, etc.

We also need to make sure that Americans know how to file for copyrights and patents, and we need to make sure that Americans have access to business loans, etc. And the government gives grants for research, etc, we need for Americans to learn how to do research and development.

And we cannot just leave Youngstown, Ohio, as a ghetto, people need to rebuild it. Start by building community colleges, and then they need redevelopment money and business loans.

We have great, smart, creative people, who are out there homeless and poor, we need to get them into housing, and then we need to get them into community college, and we need to tap into the creativity of our people. We need for people to solve the problems and to improve our cities and to create opportunities for our people.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2021, 02:23:52 PM by FlyingVProd »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #15628 on: September 06, 2021, 02:53:39 PM »

A. Hamilton.

Why? Was he a punk ass who repeatedly doxxed people like you? Or did you conveniently forget why you were justly kicked of this forum again?

Actually, you are lucky. Back in his day when you pulled that kind of behavior, like claiming a political rival fucked his daughter, you got permanently fucking canceled.

Sounds like you are making a physical threat.

It's the kind of thing that josh says he opposes.

But, you sit on the extreme left, so there's that.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2021, 02:58:55 PM by Hamilton Samuels »

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #15629 on: September 06, 2021, 03:06:22 PM »

The youngest homicide victim was a 4-year-old boy shot Friday in Woodlawn on the South Side.

Mychal Moultry, who was visiting from Alabama, was getting a haircut inside his home around 9 p.m. in the 6500 block of South Ellis Avenue when bullets tore through the front window, Chicago police said.

The boy
Pages: 1 ... 1040 1041 [1042] 1043 1044 ... 2926