Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1054 1055 [1056] 1057 1058 ... 2927

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 756579 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #15825 on: September 08, 2021, 03:19:47 PM »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/09/08/fake-vaccination-cards-vermont-troopers

We have a police problem.

State troopers in Vermont got busted for providing fake vax cards.

The good news is that colleagues turned them in.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
A parrot bit me.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #15828 on: September 08, 2021, 03:36:47 PM »

Biden keeps saying how the rich need to pay their fair share, and he says how that will save the poor people, and it is all BULLSHIT. Roy Rogers paid 90% in taxes after the first $200,000, the rich people in the USA were paying super high taxes, and Roy's Grandchildren ended up on welfare. The Rogers family should have been rich, and all of the children should have went to the best schools in the USA. They should have had the best that the USA had to offer. If you succeed in the USA then you should be able to have the best that the USA has to offer. When your Grandchildren end up on welfare, and cleaning houses and doing fast food for a living, when you were one of the biggest stars in American history, then it is all BULLSHIT.

And when I move to live in Italy then I should not have to pay taxes to the USA for money that I earn in Italy. If I have a night club, and a winery, in Italy, then I should not have to pay taxes to the USA for money that I earn in Italy.

Also, if I work hard and succeed, if I have a hit movie that I wrote, and a successful poetry book, and some other stuff, and open a night club, and invest in a winery and stuff, then I need to be able to pass down wealth to future generation. My descendants need to be able to benefit from my success. If I succeed then my Grandchildren can live at my winery in Italy, and they can have an income from selling wine, my Grandchildren should not be on welfare.

I should not have to pay taxes to the USA for money that I earn in Italy, and I should be able to pass my wealth down to future generations in my family tree.

And for me, being raised without a father, my father died when I was 9 years old, we need to give college scholarships to poor children without fathers, and we need to give scholarships to foster children. We talk about not leaving people behind, I had to work like hell for nothing, and no one gave me anything, and I had to get in debt for college. It was only after I came out of the hospital homeless after a nervous breakdown that I received government aid, and the Social Security that I paid into all of my life whenI worked, and health care. I should be grateful for housing and health care, but I wanted to work and make my own living, I wanted to become successful from my own hard work. I worked hard, and I am smart, I should have had a chance at success. And it was ten times harder for me because I did not have a father. I support programs to help children who do not have fathers to be able to go to college and to have a chance at a real life.

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• View Profile

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #15830 on: September 08, 2021, 03:51:27 PM »

Biden keeps saying how the rich need to pay their fair share, and he says how that will save the poor people, and it is all BULLSHIT.

Salute,

Tony V.

Thinking like that is probably the biggest contributor to homelessness in the USA

I am both surprised at you and ashamed for you for saying this.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15831 on: September 08, 2021, 04:04:34 PM »

Biden keeps saying how the rich need to pay their fair share, and he says how that will save the poor people, and it is all BULLSHIT. Roy Rogers paid 90% in taxes after the first $200,000, the rich people in the USA were paying super high taxes, and Roy's Grandchildren ended up on welfare.

Your bullshit on this has already been addressed.

It was not the 90% tax rate the made some, but not all of his grandchildren end up poor. It was poor decisions and bad luck after they got their money or their parents got theirs.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15832 on: September 08, 2021, 04:12:10 PM »

Biden keeps saying how the rich need to pay their fair share, and he says how that will save the poor people, and it is all BULLSHIT.

Salute,

Tony V.

Thinking like that is probably the biggest contributor to homelessness in the USA

I am both surprised at you and ashamed for you for saying this.

Why surprised?

Same old Tony, same old blame game and failure to understand reality.

And someday, Tony will be a movie billionaire. And married to a beautiful woman or two.

facilitatorn

• View Profile

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #15834 on: September 08, 2021, 04:39:19 PM »

You do not know what shame is until you are homeless and hungry out on the streets, dirty, and people were calling me a "Bum," business owners would tell me to move away from their building, people from other places were telling me to "Go back to Kansas" while I was born right here in California, I am 3rd generation Californian, and to top it off it was against the law back then to feed the homeless in Los Angeles, they thought that if you just let people starve that they would go away. I starved in my own country, in my own state, people called me a "Bum" and it was against the law to feed me. I was clean and sober, with a college degree, begging for honest work, and no one would hire me, and I was out on the streets cold and hungry and lonely. That was in Los Angeles. I paid taxes in Los Angels for years and years, and it was against the law to feed me when I was homeless.

You cannot just shake that off.

If I was a criminal, or a drug addict, or if I was lazy, or if I was a theif, whatever, then maybe it would be justifed for me to be out there homeless, but I was clean and sober with a college degree begging for work.

While we send jobs to China, and while the Japanese own movie studios in the USA, etc. I even worked for the Japanese, I starved, they paid me the bare minimim wage when I worked at Universal when the Japanese owned it. Tax the Japanese if you want to tax someone, go tax Sony Studios in Culver City.

Taxing Roy Rogers at 90% while his Grandchildren ended up on welfare, while it was against the law to feed the homeless in Los Angeles, it is all BULLSHIT.

I am going to go live in Italy, if I could have gotten a job at Cinecitta then I would have stayed in Rome.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 04:50:09 PM by FlyingVProd »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15835 on: September 08, 2021, 05:00:53 PM »

Taxing Roy Rogers at 90% while his Grandchildren ended up on welfare, while it was against the law to feed the homeless in Los Angeles, it is all BULLSHIT.

No, the two have nothing to do with each other, Tony.

The latter is bullshit all by its lonesome, no matter what the tax rate on Roy was.

His children's ending up on welfare is awful, but not connected to either feeding the homeless on LA or the 90% tax rate.

And tons of people earned more money than Roy and less money than Roy, while paying that tax rate, while their children and grandchildren and great grandchildren lived off that money happily without ending up on welfare or in poverty.

How do I know this?

Because my great grandfather was in that tax bracket and two of his three children lived very well. The third contracted a childhood disease and lived on a trust fund for the rest of his life, but even he had to screw up royally in his latter years to end up broke and on his own, having out-lived his siblings.

The other two had children who benefited from their grandparents' wealth. Two of them would have been wards of the state, because of a genetic disorder through the outside parent, but instead lived in relative comfort (give or take a bout of gout or fragile bones).

And the third grandchild's children had private schools, college, and grad school all paid for because of great grandfather's and grandmother's earnings, even as they were taxed at 90%. Downpayments for houses. It took that third one's spouse messing up to keep the gravy from continuing to flow through the 4th generation past their mid to late 30s, or they would all be doing fantastically. As it is, they (we) should have no complaints.

It was never the tax system that screwed up our finances, but human error, just like for Roy's descendants.

How we treat the homeless is revolting, Tony, but your party, the GOP, is even less willing to help them than the Dems are (and the Dems are none-to-eager), with rare exception. "Welfare Queens," as your hero Ronnie Reagan used to refer to them.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15836 on: September 08, 2021, 05:54:25 PM »

Kristi Noem has a sad tax story as well.

Got in and works for change.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15837 on: September 08, 2021, 05:56:06 PM »

Kristi Noem is a sad tax story.

As ever, the need to point fingers, to find somebody outside of us to blame is huge.

This is even true for those trying to blame the folks for whom attribution of responsibility to society is rationale.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #15838 on: September 08, 2021, 06:03:40 PM »

Kristi Noem is a sad tax story.

As ever, the need to point fingers, to find somebody outside of us to blame is huge.

This is even true for those trying to blame the folks for whom attribution of responsibility to society is rationale.
Kristi Noem is a rising star.
She is a threat only to democrats

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #15839 on: September 08, 2021, 06:08:25 PM »

If Noem were not betraying the people of her state and country with a republican suicide and treason pact she might have some kind of future.

As is not so much.

The Biden GO BIG and Build Back Better can be more than fully funded simply by cutting out half the tax fraud committed by the one percent over the ten years they are scheduling funding for.

Fully staff fund and empower the IRS

Raise taxes to fund infrastructure round two Rapid Replacement of the entire fossil fuel infrastructure

That is only if you can not fund the move purely by redirecting oil industry subsidies and other breaks to actual clean energy production transmission and storage

Raise the cost of burning carbon from 51 to 400 dollars per ton.
Pages: 1 ... 1054 1055 [1056] 1057 1058 ... 2927