Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1055 1056 [1057] 1058 1059 ... 2927

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 756668 times)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #15840 on: September 08, 2021, 06:17:11 PM »

We all understand how lawyers weaponize language to lie and distort reality, but your personal smear campaign has gotten old.

The notion of Piggy complaining of anybody else's engaging in a personal smear campaign is hilarious.

How many posts did he make about Banks? What was his recent posting spree allegedly about my teaching?

And how many distortions of the truth has he engaged in, in his effort to dispel the observations of his racist postings?!

Yank's disagreed with a ton of us about a ton of issues without calling us racists. He disagrees with you, Ham, about your racist postings. If you disagreed with him about other things, "racist" would neither be his choice of terminology nor a valid observation.

But since you cannot even accept that you have privilege for being white (noting that having privilege is not a matter of being racist or being at fault, just an observation of conditions in the USA), it is hardly surprising that you cannot acknowledge your racism-laden proclivities.

You keep proving you don't read well. I wasn't responding to yank.

Thanks for the wokisms, though.

Sorry, but I won't apologize for things that are beyond my control---like when I arrived on the planet and in what shade.

Successful people recognize and take advantage of the opportunities that come their way, they set goals and work to achieve them.

From your ivory tower, you pontificate how you'd prefer a constant rewriting of the script, so that the success is constantly redefined and the road to it is paved entirely with good intentions---and we all know where that ends up.

Unsuccessful people make excuses, blame others for their problems, and whine incessantly.

Like you.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 06:23:48 PM by Hamilton Samuels »
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #15841 on: September 08, 2021, 06:21:18 PM »

Gavin Newsome will probably survive recall.
So why play the race card ?
Because he is a protected privileged white guy in a democrat state.
Josh et al look the other way

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15842 on: September 08, 2021, 06:31:40 PM »

Kristi Noem has a sad tax story as well.

Kristi Noem is a sad tax story.

As ever, the need to point fingers, to find somebody outside of us to blame is huge.

This is even true for those trying to blame the folks for whom attribution of responsibility to society is rationale.
Kristi Noem is a rising star.
She is a threat only to democrats
And the people of her state. Objectively.
A parrot bit me.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #15843 on: September 08, 2021, 06:40:25 PM »

Kristi Noem has a sad tax story as well.

Kristi Noem is a sad tax story.

As ever, the need to point fingers, to find somebody outside of us to blame is huge.

This is even true for those trying to blame the folks for whom attribution of responsibility to society is rationale.
Kristi Noem is a rising star.
She is a threat only to democrats
And the people of her state. Objectively.
Not even close.
But then you know that

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #15844 on: September 08, 2021, 06:47:17 PM »

My Defence Minister is in Washington today seeking more access to US missile technology.
With China making war promises and  bambuworld a sitting duck, looks like Aussie is out to make some missiles for self defence.
Good...and about time too.
Blow up Beijing and Shanghai as soon as Chinese troops start landing.
Maybe smaller missiles to blow up invading Chinese warships.

What you dont have impregnable coal powered defenses

You had better shut that industry down in the next five years and redirect the resources to your defense

Maybe you can come up with some sort of big slingshot or something to protect your shores

Will need the coal to make the steel for the missiles.
We went to Britain and Europe to fight for them...they don't seem to be in any hurry to commit to fighting for us.
We signed every nuclear non-proliferation treaty when asked...what total folly that was.
While we were doing that and leaving ourselves totally defenceless, ...China, Russia, India, France, Pakistan, US, Britain armed themselves with thousands of nuke missiles.

The QUAD gives some hope.
US, Japan, India, Australia.
(US is the largest investor in Australia).

The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15845 on: September 08, 2021, 06:56:05 PM »

Not even close.
But then you know that

heh
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15846 on: September 08, 2021, 06:57:58 PM »

The religious ethnostate of your wet dreams is highly unpopular with real Americans

Abandon it and it will not be used against you
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #15847 on: September 08, 2021, 07:08:01 PM »

You keep proving you don't read well. I wasn't responding to yank.

Thanks for the wokisms, though.

You keep proving you do not think well through what you post

Lime had taken you to the woodshed for your typical assholery to which you responded with some piggy squealing

Josh brought up Yank as an example of how to discuss issues without being an asshole and drawing bans in response to your spate of bullshit

Probably because of the aforementioned assholery that defines you you continue to place yourself beyond help

Sorry, but I won't apologize for things that are beyond my control---like when I arrived on the planet and in what shade.

Apologize for being a Asshole or dont but just stop being an Asshole and an asshat wether you apologize or not.

Holly Martins

« Reply #15848 on: September 08, 2021, 08:22:32 PM »

Successful people recognize and take advantage of the opportunities that come their way, they set goals and work to achieve them.

that come their way

Heh

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15849 on: September 08, 2021, 08:23:42 PM »

Nobody asked for an apology.

It is not Ham's fault that he was born white.

Nor is claiming he has privilege a slur against him - he neither did nothing to deserve it nor can do anything to eliminate (while living in this country and these years).

The only question becomes - for each of us, not just him (Ham) - what does one do with one's privilege? How does one use it to uplift those who do not have it?

And I am not asking that here, in this space, seeking answers. I am posing the question because we need to be asking it of ourselves.

I don't really give a fuck whether Ham, Kid, Ward, Banks, or anybody else likes "woke" as a term any more than about "privilege."

The concepts exist independent of the use of them or the misappropriation of them. Be aware of your unearned advantages, whether you think of it as privilege or not. Be aware of how others without those opportunities or with extra hurdles suffer and/or are held back, no more through their fault than the advantages were your fault.

And if you do that and you bother trying to help other folks to do the same, then you can refer to yourself as a social justice warrior or you can just say you are doing the right thing. Or that you are striving to be a mensch.

I don't give a fuck about your words, just your deed.

But when you post, whether here or elsewhere those posts are deeds.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #15850 on: September 08, 2021, 08:31:06 PM »

Larry Elder is a white supremacist.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• View Profile

facilitatorn

• View Profile

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #15854 on: September 08, 2021, 09:28:07 PM »

The guy who wrote this, I do not think anything is gained by banning the use of certain words., also wrote this: Disbanding and barring the GOP would end their decades long cycle of child abuse.

So, he doesn't want to ban certain words, but supports banning an entire political party.

This is not an American, or any kind of thinking American, for sure.

You cannot be for the First Amendment, and then advocate banning an entire political party.

The GOP needs to go the way of Carthage.

Smashed to rubble, burned to ash and sown into the earth with salt.

And the way to do that is to defeat them at the polls. But advocating a banning them is un-American. And you know it.

They give zero fucks about the electoral process. And you know it. See January 6, 2021.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/politics/texags/article/Gov-Abbott-to-sign-hard-fought-Texas-elections-16440223.php?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=HC_AfternoonReport&utm_term=news&utm_content=headlines&sid=603f117c8ccdcb10a5294724

So, you're already waving the white flag?

Sad.

The GOP waved the white flag and surrendered any pretense of supporting democracy through free and fair elections

https://www.reuters.com/legal/government/terrorized-us-election-workers-get-little-help-law-enforcement-2021-09-08/

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 1055 1056 [1057] 1058 1059 ... 2927