Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1074 1075 [1076] 1077 1078 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 752262 times)

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #16125 on: September 12, 2021, 11:03:07 PM »

Manchin on CNN
I will not vote for a 3.5 trillion dollar reconciliation Bill

And now what he said in January before the corporate overlords jerked his leash...

Democratic Sen. Joe Manchin of West Virginia called for up to $4 trillion in infrastructure spending over the weekend as Democrats are on the verge of controlling Congress for at least the next two years.

The most important thing? Do infrastructure. Spend $2, $3, $4 trillion over a 10-year period on infrastructure, he told Inside West Virginia Politics, a news program. A lot of people have lost their jobs and those jobs are not coming back. They need a place to work.

https://www.businessinsider.com/joe-manchin-trillion-infrastructure-spending-congress-stimulus-2021-1

Right

If this was 3.5 trillion on actual infrastructure it would have half a chance.

Which is what it has, so that's good.

That is a lie.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16126 on: September 12, 2021, 11:54:53 PM »

In Reds world infrastructure is welfare for the rich and maybe a baby cage or two built on the other side of the tracks.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #16127 on: September 13, 2021, 12:07:59 AM »

People have been responding to my friend who posted this, applauding it or lamenting the need for it.

I am all in favor.

I support the motion.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #16128 on: September 13, 2021, 12:31:58 AM »

What does my post to Bambu have to do with this discussion?

The idea of compromising on a bill to guarantee rights that are being decimated by the GOP as we speak does not strike me you feel the same urgency as I. 

Okay.  So you're just guessing.  That's fine.

I am the one who quoted Chris Rock.

I guess I get my POV for your POV from what you post.
My statement regarding the quote was in response to Bambu's oft-stated belief that Chris Rock declared hatred for white people. Post 14204:

Bambu:  That Black comedian spoke from the stage:

"Black people hate White people".

people.http://forums.escapefromelba.com/index.php?topic=179.msg186025#msg186025

That somebody disagreeing with you sends you back to a month-old post that you fail to correctly relay is troubling.  So what is your POV?  That I'm yet another racist?  Well, then you're a liar, paranoid or don't read well.  How's that for a POV? Go back and read the entire series of posts.  Then you can apologize if you'd like. Or not. I'll even accept an apology in a private message if you prefer to maintain your dignity.   I don't care.

Yank got there first

Both of you were pointing out that taking the premise of a comedic bit as a sociological fact is a bit sketchy

In Bambis case it is the most accurate and informative way he ever gets any news

Chris Rock sets him far straighter than any number of his radio hosts

Imagine if you will what would happen if "white" and "black" were reversed in that whole so called comedy routine.

The last part..."I just got here from Romania".
"You Romanian cracker"!
Black audience cheered and clapped.

Wonder if they'd have been laughing if it'd been a white comedian saying :
"I just got here from Africa".
"You African n....."!

Just IMAGINE what would happen.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16129 on: September 13, 2021, 12:33:13 AM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #16131 on: September 13, 2021, 06:52:28 AM »

Next time someone talks about fiscal responsibility remind them the USA spent $300,000,000 per DAY for 20 fucking years on war in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Holly Martins

« Reply #16132 on: September 13, 2021, 10:03:32 AM »

Social media's latest Bialik stalk...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arts-entertainment/2021/08/27/mayim-bialik-jeopardy-vaccines-brain-supplements/

(haven't seen any of the post Trebek shows, no longer having over-the-air TV,  and not finding a streaming access....I hear Matt Amodio is having quite the run)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16133 on: September 13, 2021, 12:01:27 PM »

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2021/09/12/justice-amy-coney-barrett-supreme-court-decision-political-division/8313029002/

Justice AC Barrett argues that SCOTUS is not a bunch of political hacks...

,,, at the 30th anniversary of the opening of the McConnell Center at the U of KY, with Mitch sitting behind her.

Oh, so convincing.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #16134 on: September 13, 2021, 12:22:39 PM »

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2021/09/12/justice-amy-coney-barrett-supreme-court-decision-political-division/8313029002/

,,, at the 30th anniversary of the opening of the McConnell Center at the U of KY, with Mitch sitting behind her.

Oh, so convincing.
She echoed the same sentiments as Breyer.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16135 on: September 13, 2021, 12:38:46 PM »

Oh, so convincing.
But then, Breyer did not allow his confirmation to become a political event, and was not appointed in a blatantly partisan power grab.
A parrot bit me.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #16136 on: September 13, 2021, 12:56:12 PM »

Oh, so convincing.
But then, Breyer did not allow his confirmation to become a political event, and was not appointed in a blatantly partisan power grab.
And?

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #16137 on: September 13, 2021, 01:57:24 PM »

Kamala Harris Tweet

By vaccinating the unvaccinated and increasing our testing and masking and protecting the vaccinated we can end this pandemic.

Really
« Last Edit: September 13, 2021, 01:58:56 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #16138 on: September 13, 2021, 01:58:13 PM »

Oh, so convincing.
And?
When?
A parrot bit me.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #16139 on: September 13, 2021, 01:59:02 PM »

Kamala Harris Tweet

By vaccinating the unvaccinated and increasing our testing and masking and protecting the vaccinated we can end this pandemic.

Really
Yes.
A parrot bit me.
Pages: 1 ... 1074 1075 [1076] 1077 1078 ... 2924