Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1080 1081 [1082] 1083 1084 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 750865 times)

Holly Martins

Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #16215 on: September 14, 2021, 12:11:40 PM »

I am SHOCKED, I tell you - that so many Republicans oppose an unconstitutional vaccine mandate.  Shocked.

Good thing, then,  that vaccine mandates are not unconstitutional.  And pretty much like literally hundreds of other public health measures throughout our nation's history.
The vaccine mandate proposed by Biden is unconstitutional.

It's not.   Which is why you never actually cite the constitutional basis, but just keep making the same unsupported assertion.   

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #16216 on: September 14, 2021, 12:13:12 PM »

STRONG SUGGESTION is good re:  vaccination

I think President Biden can do better in his strongly suggesting - better than the current - "You're a freaking idiot if you don't..." stance.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #16217 on: September 14, 2021, 12:14:41 PM »

It's not.   Which is why you never actually cite the constitutional basis, but just keep making the same unsupported assertion.   

As far as I know he isnt a lawyer

The lawsuits will speak plenty, should they be necessary.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #16218 on: September 14, 2021, 12:15:48 PM »

Yeah, so what if one party actively discouraged/discourages responsible measures.

CNN says.....

so must be true

heh

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #16219 on: September 14, 2021, 12:19:47 PM »

I am SHOCKED, I tell you - that so many Republicans oppose an unconstitutional vaccine mandate.  Shocked.

Good thing, then,  that vaccine mandates are not unconstitutional.  And pretty much like literally hundreds of other public health measures throughout our nation's history.

I already have. We covered this when the issue first came up in 2020.
The Federal Government cannot not impose mandates on the states.
New York v. United States (1992) would be a good precedent to learn.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #16220 on: September 14, 2021, 12:24:44 PM »

Any source given here would be FLAMED by your side as not being impartial.

It's a road not worth going down.  You'd ignore it - or ridicule the source - depending on your mood.

Holly Martins

« Reply #16221 on: September 14, 2021, 12:26:25 PM »

No,  I'm suggesting cite the Supreme Court and/or US Statutes.  No one would reject such citations,  made in good faith.   

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #16222 on: September 14, 2021, 12:26:41 PM »

Oh those polls...

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/08/11/majorities-support-vaccine-mask-mandates-republicans-503506
The poll is irrelevant to the problem.
Demonizing the unvaccinated may feel good.
But when a sizable portion of them are nurses, firefighters, policemen, and other workers in already short-handed occupations who choose to quit those jobs what happens?

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #16223 on: September 14, 2021, 12:28:22 PM »

No,  I'm suggesting cite the Supreme Court and/or US Statutes.  No one would reject such citations,  made in good faith.
You need look no further than the Constitution.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #16224 on: September 14, 2021, 12:34:57 PM »

In the ultimate admission against interest, ( White House Chief of Staff Ron) Klain admitted that the OSHA vaccine mandate was a mere work around limits imposed on the federal government. The problem is that the thing being worked aroundis the Constitution

Holly Martins

« Reply #16225 on: September 14, 2021, 12:35:46 PM »

Back later whenever are not having half our posts mysteriously chopped off

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #16226 on: September 14, 2021, 12:40:47 PM »

News Item

A teacher's group protesting mandatory vaccinations was seen in New York City marching across the Brooklyn Bridge, with some protesters chanting against President Biden. 

They were also carrying signs reading, "Last years heroes, this years unemployed," "My body, my choice," and "I call the shots." Another video posted to social media also shows protesters chanting "F--k Joe Biden" from the Brooklyn Pier. 

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16227 on: September 14, 2021, 01:07:36 PM »

It sure would! You should learn it. What mandate is Biden opposing on the states that you think NY v. US impacts? Because the answer is "none" since Biden is not mandating or incentives legislation by the states.
A parrot bit me.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #16228 on: September 14, 2021, 01:11:33 PM »

It sure would! You should learn it. What mandate is Biden opposing on the states that you think NY v. US impacts? Because the answer is "none" since Biden is not mandating or incentives legislation by the states.
The mandate being worked on by OSHA.
Biden is trying to work around the Constitution.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #16229 on: September 14, 2021, 01:22:26 PM »

An immunologist who voted for President Biden in the 2020 election said he regrets the decision following the president's "draconian" COVID-19 vaccine mandate, arguing on "Fox & Friends" Tuesday the move opens the door for "mass discrimination" against millions of Americans. Dr. Hooman Noorchashm wrote on Twitter that he considers himself a "McCain Republican" but criticized Biden's address last week as "destructive and divisive." 

DR. HOOMAN NOORCHASHM: As a friend to John McCain, I felt that President Biden stands a chance of uniting the country, acting on science, taking down the temperature, if you will. And on Thursday, I finally came to the recognition as an immunologist, based on the rigidity of this mandate and the massive blunder that's contained within it, that this is not happening. I have to say, the mandate as it stands, essentially has opened the door to discrimination against about 80 to 100 million Americans who are naturally immune. I mean, these folks are essentially being discriminated against. The president of the United States pointed to them and opened the door to a massive level of discrimination.

Pages: 1 ... 1080 1081 [1082] 1083 1084 ... 2924