Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1086 1087 [1088] 1089 1090 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 751254 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #16305 on: September 14, 2021, 09:16:59 PM »

I hate the glitch.   Chops off posts constantly.
If you paste in, apostrophes cut your posts.
A parrot bit me.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16306 on: September 14, 2021, 09:20:30 PM »

I am SHOCKED, I tell you - that so many Republicans oppose an unconstitutional vaccine mandate.  Shocked.

Good thing, then,  that vaccine mandates are not unconstitutional.  And pretty much like literally hundreds of other public health measures throughout our nation's history.
The vaccine mandate proposed by Biden is unconstitutional.

It's not.   Which is why you never actually cite the constitutional basis, but just keep making the same unsupported assertion.
I already have. We covered this when the issue first came up in 2020.
The Federal Government cannot not impose mandates on the states.
New York v. United States (1992) would be a good precedent to learn.
It sure would! You should learn it. What mandate is Biden opposing on the states that you think NY v. US impacts? Because the answer is "none" since Biden is not mandating or incentives legislation by the states.
The mandate being worked on by OSHA.
Biden is trying to work around the Constitution.
Not even in the ball park for the NY v US case. You could drop a nuclear bomb on the NY case and OSHA regulating work place health and safety would not even get radiation burns. The right wing web site you are pulling the argument from is playing you for a gullible ass.
the Ball Park is the Constitution.
NY vs. US established Congress is limited by the Constitution in laws dealing with state mandates.
The President  gets his power from Congress and the Constitution. Neither of which grant him the power to establish state Mandates.
Ergo, as the cited case affirms, the Federal Government has no power to establish state mandates.
The case is about mandating official state actions. What official state action does the vaccine mandate require?

There no Mandate since Biden and his gang  cannot come up with one to pass Constitutional muster.
But, as the Constitution directs and has been endorsed by SCOTUS the Federal government cannot directly compel the States to pass certain laws or act in accord with the Federal government
In Murphy v. NCAA,Justice Alito, writing for the majority,explained  that the Federal government could neither compel a State to enact legislation or forbid it.
Well, you finally at least read the syllabus for the case. Congratulations. What official state action is the vaccine mandate requiring? The answer, to save you time, is none.
None yet.
If there is one it will be unconstitutional.
Yes, and if he attempts to dissolve Congress that will also be unconstitutional. But since he has not indicated he intends to do anything of the sort - either your hypothetical or mine - what in the Holy Name of God are you blathering about?
That any mandate, of a state or a private business by the Federal Government, is unconstitutional.
So, OSHA cannot mandate goggles or other protective equipment?
For what?
And with that, Red raises the white flag.
No, you did.
For what reason can OSHA mandate goggles?
You know the answer, that
Ob, you did. So why did you ask?  You made the foolish blanket claim that any fed mandates were unconstitutional.  Which is obviously wrong as your white flag diversion made plain.
A parrot bit me.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #16307 on: September 14, 2021, 09:23:52 PM »

MSNBC enjoying their Newsom party tonight-    heh - as if there is anything to celebrate.

The election was rigged!   Better file 60 lawsuits!

Filing a lawsuit is everyone's right.

Yes it is!   Better get cracking!  Lots of rigging,  I mean just huuuge rigging!   You could outfit twenty Cutty Sarks with all that rigging!   How could democrats possibly prevail in California???????

I dont have any doubt Dems will win
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Holly Martins

« Reply #16308 on: September 14, 2021, 09:24:25 PM »

I'm still really worried about Nikki Minaj's cousin's friend's testicles!   Can we please stay focused here? 

Holly Martins

« Reply #16309 on: September 14, 2021, 09:26:38 PM »

I hate the glitch.   Chops off posts constantly.
If you paste in, apostrophes cut your posts.

Thirty years ago I would never have imagined that someone could write that sentence.

Holly Martins

« Reply #16310 on: September 14, 2021, 09:32:24 PM »

MSNBC enjoying their Newsom party tonight-    heh - as if there is anything to celebrate.

Yes it is!   Better get cracking!  Lots of rigging,  I mean just huuuge rigging!   You could outfit twenty Cutty Sarks with all that rigging!   How could democrats possibly prevail in California???????

Everybody has the right to file a lawsuit, except for when the judge says it is not, as was often the case with the challenges to the 2020 voting in various states. Lack of standing, lack of a way to address the issue, having it be frivolous.

And even if you get to file it, there is no guarantee you will not be slammed for it later.

The real problem with the ballot was that No voters aren't allowed to select Newsom on Question 2.  So one could have 49.9% of voters voting No,  and ERGO presumably for Newsom as governor,  but some schmuck with 20% on the replacement vote beats him.
A farcical outcome. 

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16311 on: September 14, 2021, 09:33:55 PM »

Entertaining to me is that we had complaints about our refusing sources, responded that reputable sources would not be belittled, were given a reputable source, did not belittle it, responded to the substance...

and crickets.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16312 on: September 14, 2021, 09:37:30 PM »

Bob Woodward has a new book due out next 
PERIL

One excerpt regarding telephone call Joints of Staff  thoroughly modern Milley is chilling.

One call reportedly took place on 30 October 2020 - four days before the election. The other took place on 8 January, two days after Trump supporters attacked Congress, seeking to overturn that defeat.

In the first call, prompted also by tensions in the South China Sea and over the origins of the coronavirus pandemic, Milley reportedly told Li:
I want to assure you that the American government is stable and everything is going to be OK. We are not going to attack or conduct any kinetic operations against you.

Milley also reportedly told the Chinese general he would warn him if an attack was launched.

In the second call, after the Capitol riot, Milley told Li:
We are 100% steady. Everything's fine. But democracy can be sloppy sometimes.

I don't know if I captured the exact quote that Ward had posted, only to have it cut off prior to the first dash, but I think I got the gist of it.

Mine came from The Guardian.
https://www.theguardian.com/books/2021/sep/14/mark-milley-donald-trump-bob-woodward-nuclear-war-
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #16313 on: September 14, 2021, 09:45:21 PM »

Everybody has the right to file a lawsuit, except for when the judge says it is not, as was often the case with the challenges to the 2020 voting in various states. Lack of standing, lack of a way to address the issue, having it be frivolous.

And even if you get to file it, there is no guarantee you will not be slammed for it later.

The real problem with the ballot was that No voters aren't allowed to select Newsom on Question 2.  So one could have 49.9% of voters voting No,  and ERGO presumably for Newsom as governor,  but some schmuck with 20% on the replacement vote beats him.
A farcical outcome.
Nothing is more Farcical than California

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #16314 on: September 14, 2021, 09:47:59 PM »

I'm still really worried about Nikki Minaj's cousin's friend's testicles!   Can we please stay focused here?
Sure.
Nikki Minaj singlehandedly told blacks to diss the vaccine.
That is how out to lunch you are 

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #16315 on: September 14, 2021, 09:49:26 PM »

I am SHOCKED, I tell you - that so many Republicans oppose an unconstitutional vaccine mandate.  Shocked.

Good thing, then,  that vaccine mandates are not unconstitutional.  And pretty much like literally hundreds of other public health measures throughout our nation's history.
The vaccine mandate proposed by Biden is unconstitutional.

It's not.   Which is why you never actually cite the constitutional basis, but just keep making the same unsupported assertion.
I already have. We covered this when the issue first came up in 2020.
The Federal Government cannot not impose mandates on the states.
New York v. United States (1992) would be a good precedent to learn.
It sure would! You should learn it. What mandate is Biden opposing on the states that you think NY v. US impacts? Because the answer is "none" since Biden is not mandating or incentives legislation by the states.
The mandate being worked on by OSHA.
Biden is trying to work around the Constitution.
Not even in the ball park for the NY v US case. You could drop a nuclear bomb on the NY case and OSHA regulating work place health and safety would not even get radiation burns. The right wing web site you are pulling the argument from is playing you for a gullible ass.
the Ball Park is the Constitution.
NY vs. US established Congress is limited by the Constitution in laws dealing with state mandates.
The President  gets his power from Congress and the Constitution. Neither of which grant him the power to establish state Mandates.
Ergo, as the cited case affirms, the Federal Government has no power to establish state mandates.
The case is about mandating official state actions. What official state action does the vaccine mandate require?

There no Mandate since Biden and his gang  cannot come up with one to pass Constitutional muster.
But, as the Constitution directs and has been endorsed by SCOTUS the Federal government cannot directly compel the States to pass certain laws or act in accord with the Federal government
In Murphy v. NCAA,Justice Alito, writing for the majority,explained  that the Federal government could neither compel a State to enact legislation or forbid it.
Well, you finally at least read the syllabus for the case. Congratulations. What official state action is the vaccine mandate requiring? The answer, to save you time, is none.
None yet.
If there is one it will be unconstitutional.
Yes, and if he attempts to dissolve Congress that will also be unconstitutional. But since he has not indicated he intends to do anything of the sort - either your hypothetical or mine - what in the Holy Name of God are you blathering about?
That any mandate, of a state or a private business by the Federal Government, is unconstitutional.
So, OSHA cannot mandate goggles or other protective equipment?
For what?
And with that, Red raises the white flag.
No, you did.
For what reason can OSHA mandate goggles?
You know the answer, that
Ob, you did. So why did you ask?  You made the foolish blanket claim that any fed mandates were unconstitutional. 
And they are 

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16316 on: September 14, 2021, 09:50:28 PM »

A vote for an R is a vote you regret

California knows

Florida and Texas are still finding that out.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #16317 on: September 14, 2021, 09:52:14 PM »

Wait  -- we're now discussing Trinidadian rappers on Twitter as authoritative sources on public health which we must respond to?
What Trinidad rapper?

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #16318 on: September 14, 2021, 09:55:22 PM »

Red left the United States when he rode the dragon to fentanyl island. He has yet to come back.

They have a different constitution there being made up by Steve Bannon on the fly and misinterpreted by Tucker Carlson and Alex Jones.

It is utter nonsense but if you want to know what it says it is basically The Walrus and the Carpenter reinterpreted as Vogon poetry.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #16319 on: September 14, 2021, 10:27:52 PM »

It is not just California beating back stupid Red and Kiid mentality.

Good things are happening all over the country

http://www.vice.com/en/article/v7eab9/cities-ending-traffic-stops-racial-profiling-philando-castile
Pages: 1 ... 1086 1087 [1088] 1089 1090 ... 2924