Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1089 1090 [1091] 1092 1093 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 751588 times)

Holly Martins

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #16351 on: September 15, 2021, 10:21:01 AM »

Will of the people

Unheard of in any properly run state - though I think its easier in Cali than most

What on Gods green earth are you blathering about?

The post goes with the one immediately preceding it.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Holly Martins

« Reply #16352 on: September 15, 2021, 10:28:52 AM »

I noticed that.   Still makes no sense.   Why is the will of the people unheard of in any properly run state? 

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #16353 on: September 15, 2021, 10:56:00 AM »

I noticed that.   Still makes no sense.   Why is the will of the people unheard of in any properly run state?
Just to piss you off.
It is working.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #16354 on: September 15, 2021, 11:03:18 AM »

MSNBC enjoying their Newsom party tonight-    heh - as if there is anything to celebrate.

Dems cheated , right Hans?

That you needed Biden to appear - and that there even WAS  a recall - is embarrassing to your party

But  no - it wasn't really ever in doubt.  Elder isn't real.  That he wants to run in '22 is no great positive for the Republican party.

Nah.

That YOU and yours know you can not win elections straight up so to remain in power you are attempting to discredit the idea of democracy.

I am happy Dems went all in and beat the living shit out of the Cali GOP.

Kind of messes with the framing that black folks will vote for someone just because they are black, huh?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #16355 on: September 15, 2021, 11:07:19 AM »

Will of the people

Unheard of in any properly run state - though I think its easier in Cali than most

Comical coming from a party that tried to overturn a free and fair election by force.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #16356 on: September 15, 2021, 11:11:43 AM »

MSNBC enjoying their Newsom party tonight-    heh - as if there is anything to celebrate.

That you needed Biden to appear - and that there even WAS  a recall - is embarrassing to your party

But  no - it wasn't really ever in doubt.  Elder isn't real.  That he wants to run in '22 is no great positive for the Republican party.

Nah.

That YOU and yours know you can not win elections straight up so to remain in power you are attempting to discredit the idea of democracy.

Kind of messes with the framing that black folks will vote for someone just because they are black, huh?

Not a good candidate - as already noted

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16357 on: September 15, 2021, 11:17:00 AM »

But  no - it wasn't really ever in doubt. 
And you don't consider that embarrassing to your party? That they would waste state resources a day everyone's time on a predetermined outcome? Pwning the Libs is a poor substitute for a vision for governing people.
A parrot bit me.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16358 on: September 15, 2021, 11:17:09 AM »

https://global.lockton.com/gb/en/news-insights/statistics-show-that-mass-shooting-events-are-on-the-rise-in-the-us

Gun sales are up.

So are mass shooting events.

You Republicans are just not thinking or praying hard enough.

Emphasis on thinking.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #16359 on: September 15, 2021, 11:17:28 AM »

By the way - you guys posting entire threads for a one line response are lazy assholes.
No we aren't.
A parrot bit me.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #16360 on: September 15, 2021, 11:22:48 AM »

Will of the people
12% of the popular vote in the last gubernatorial election is not the will of the people. It is the will of a minority committed to bomb throwing partisanship over the good of the people.
A parrot bit me.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16361 on: September 15, 2021, 11:29:28 AM »

Nah.

Not a good candidate - as already noted

I agree.

But he was overwhelmingly the favorite of those who did not want Newsom to continue, with almost 50% of the those votes and more than the next 10 candidates combined.

And talk about embarrassing! Elder is the best your party could come up with!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #16362 on: September 15, 2021, 11:42:50 AM »

So you admit that federal mandates are, or at least can be, constitutional.  We progress.
That is your conclusion, not mine

From the standpoint of OSHA workplace.safety and health regulations, why are COVID and eye injuries not comparable?
In the case of goggles OSHA requires employers to provide them in workplaces where there is a danger of eye injuries. The goggle standard was developed after the usual OSHA practice of research, hearings, studies, and reports. Moreover goggles have been proven to be the best way to prevent eye injuries in the workplace.If a worker provides a reason for not wearing them there are remedies available including moving the worker to another job in the company.

In the case of Covid it is an infectious disease not confined to a workplace. Depending on the vaccine the effectiveness is far from certain. Vaccinated people have still contracted Covid. Just getting the vaccine can cause side effects, some of which have been severe.
There are workplace remedies such as masks, distancing, and remote locations.
But the proposed mandate is for required vaccinations which leaves the employee with only one option to remain employed.  A second option might be weekly testing but many workers may not have symptoms and are not threats to fellow workers. OSHA is studying issuing a temporary rule requiring certain workers to get vaccinated.
But there are myriad reasons people resist vaccines, distrust of government  among some minorities and conservatives, people who previously had COVID-19 considering themselves immune, religious or medical issues.
Some of the reasons goggles and Covid are not comparable.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 11:44:28 AM by REDSTATEWARD »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #16363 on: September 15, 2021, 12:28:01 PM »

https://global.lockton.com/gb/en/news-insights/statistics-show-that-mass-shooting-events-are-on-the-rise-in-the-us

Gun sales are up.

Emphasis on thinking.

Of course gun sales are up...people are scared...there's a rape or attempted rape in America every 5 minutes. People are being raped and murdered in their own homes by armed thugs.
Their children are being kidnapped.
A home is invaded every 25 seconds or something like that. Bad people are entering dwellings when the residents are home.

You only have to watch a few American movies to see why Americans are buying guns for self defence.
If Mexican cartels are after you, the only things that will save you are your guns...handguns and machine guns. Gotta have money to buy more guns if cops on the highway confiscate your registered legal ones...for some reason. Cash is king in America.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 12:33:17 PM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #16364 on: September 15, 2021, 12:32:23 PM »

Gun sales are up.

Emphasis on thinking.

Of course gun sales are up...people are scared...there's a rape or attempted rape in America every 5 minutes. People are being raped and murdered in their own homes by armed thugs.
Their children are being kidnapped.
A home is invaded every 25 seconds or something like that. Bad people are entering dwellings when the residents are home.

You only have to watch a few American movies to see why Americans are buying guns for self defence.
If Mexican cartels are after you, the only things that will save you are your guns...handguns and machine guns. Gotta have money to buy more guns if cops on the highway confiscate your registered legal ones...for some reason. Cash is king in America.
Cocked and ready to fire.  Just the cost of doing business. Collateral damage.  Second Amendment!!!!

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/13/us/woman-zoom-shot-toddler/index.html
« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 12:35:06 PM by Yankguy1 »
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce
Pages: 1 ... 1089 1090 [1091] 1092 1093 ... 2924