Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1101 1102 [1103] 1104 1105 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 750680 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #16530 on: September 18, 2021, 06:16:03 AM »

Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #16531 on: September 18, 2021, 07:42:47 AM »

When is White Heritage Month?
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #16532 on: September 18, 2021, 08:35:11 AM »

Every month.
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

Holly Martins

« Reply #16533 on: September 18, 2021, 10:18:28 AM »

Rimshot.   

Holly Martins

« Reply #16534 on: September 18, 2021, 10:28:11 AM »

http://www.vox.com/2021/9/17/22679358/california-newsom-duplex-single-family-zoning

Responsive government gets re-elected not recalled.

Good move.   The minimum lot size law also needs to be changed -- not everyone needs to be able to play soccer in their yard.   And smaller house designs should be subsidized,  so developers don't see luxury mansionettes as the only viable profit center.

Holly Martins

« Reply #16535 on: September 18, 2021, 11:48:11 AM »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #16536 on: September 18, 2021, 11:50:19 AM »

I support giving everyone at least 2 free years of college, and the colleges need to prepare people for jobs that are available in each area, plus train people for the jobs of the future. The people who are high achievers in college can continue on for their Bachelor's Degree, and Master's Degree, and they can become doctors, etc.

There needs to be good councilors at the community colleges to help to guide the students so that they get the most out of their 2 free years of college. The councilors need to be aware of which businesses are in each area and which skills are needed for employment in each area, etc.

The students who go to school, and who study hard, need to be rewarded with access to good employment and a chance at the American Dream of home ownership, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Last Edit: September 18, 2021, 11:57:56 AM by REDSTATEWARD »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #16538 on: September 18, 2021, 12:04:34 PM »

The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #16539 on: September 18, 2021, 12:12:13 PM »

I support giving everyone at least 2 free years of college, and the colleges need to prepare people for jobs that are available in each area, plus train people for the jobs of the future. The people who are high achievers in college can continue on for their Bachelor's Degree, and Master's Degree, and they can become doctors, etc.

There needs to be good councilors at the community colleges to help to guide the students so that they get the most out of their 2 free years of college. The councilors need to be aware of which businesses are in each area and which skills are needed for employment in each area, etc.

The students who go to school, and who study hard, need to be rewarded with access to good employment and a chance at the American Dream of home ownership, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

As do American high school students who for some reason cannot go to college.
Good employment.
I support a mandated minimum living wage for all.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2021, 12:15:12 PM by bambu. »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #16540 on: September 18, 2021, 12:42:40 PM »

Salute,

Tony V.

As do American high school students who for some reason cannot go to college.
Good employment.
I support a mandated minimum living wage for all.

The people who do not want to go to college can be truck drivers, and they can be cooks, and they can do construction work, and they can work at the grocery store, and they can be farm workers, there are lots of jobs for the people who do not want to go to college. The secret is to join a UNION.

And actors do not need to go to college. I just went to college, and to acting school, because I wanted to learn, and I wanted to be great. But, it is hard to get acting work. My best bet now is to make it as a writer, and poet. And maybe later as a producer. We will see what happens.

I would have been a good scientist too, if I would have stayed in school.

Or I could have been a psychologist at the Betty Ford Center in Palm Springs, helping people to get clean from drug addiction. I had a professor who worked at the Betty Ford Center, he made it sound like a great place to work.

I believe that an education makes life fuller, and for sure an education helps writers and producers.

Salute,

Tony V.

Holly Martins

« Reply #16541 on: September 18, 2021, 12:48:09 PM »

Guy is a menace.

Because humorously and briefly confusing air passengers is menacing?  You know that planes don't use house roofs as navigation aids,  right?   

That guy is me.   I love prankish things that do no harm and briefly subvert people's sense of reality.   I think his sign is madly brilliant.   How many air travelers have had a good laugh over that roof?   

Holly Martins

« Reply #16542 on: September 18, 2021, 01:03:42 PM »

Tony,  there's a guy who lives in Superior,  Nebraska named Lew Hunter.  If you are serious about screenwriting,  you should consider his screenwriting workshop,  which is nationally famous and has turned out quite a few Oscar and Emmy winners  Over half of the Oscar winning scripts over the past twenty years have been written by students of Hunter.   He comes to UCLA still,  twice a year if I recall correctly, to do his workshop.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16543 on: September 18, 2021, 01:31:43 PM »

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-georgia-raffensperger-2020-election_n_6144c939e4b0d808bf28d8eb

Trump is still trying to get Georgia officials to change the 2020 election result.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #16544 on: September 18, 2021, 02:32:20 PM »

Guy is a menace.

Because humorously and briefly confusing air passengers is menacing?  You know that planes don't use house roofs as navigation aids,  right?   

That guy is me.   I love prankish things that do no harm and briefly subvert people's sense of reality.   I think his sign is madly brilliant.   How many air travelers have had a good laugh over that roof?

And how many have panicked that they are on the wrong plane, have just lost hundreds of dollars and had their plans ruined?
Pages: 1 ... 1101 1102 [1103] 1104 1105 ... 2924