Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1104 1105 [1106] 1107 1108 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 752141 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #16575 on: September 19, 2021, 11:41:38 PM »

The French wanted a gyro's welcome.
They first approached the Greeks,but they told them to baguette.
Then the Swedes told them norway. The Italians offered them a penne for their thoughts.
Poor Joe.
Even the Senate Parliamentarian won

Chuck better call Trent Lott

Another nail in the filibusters coffin
« Last Edit: September 19, 2021, 11:46:19 PM by LarryBnDC »
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #16576 on: September 20, 2021, 12:01:06 AM »

Poor Joe

Even the Senate Parliamentarian will not help him 

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #16577 on: September 20, 2021, 01:54:50 AM »

NOTE: Hamilton has expressed an ongoing lack of clarity on the cause of his most recent banning (and the one before it).

So, let me make it clear:

Stay away from other posters' personal real life events, families, and friends.

This does not forbid expressions of sincere condolences. (But does cover "I'm sorry your spouse died of stupidity" and other forms of fake comfort.)

Anybody other than Hamilton have any doubts about what this means?!

He knows.

He just does not care

Dick 2 doubles down on Dick 1 post

We get it - you don't appreciate Ham Sam.  Get over it and converse with him - or just let him converse with others.  The juvenile shit is maddening.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #16578 on: September 20, 2021, 02:07:55 AM »

Susan had tested positive for Covid-19 in December and assumed her antibodies would protect her.

Susan did not get sick this summer. But she says her son, her brother-in-law, her cousin and her cousins fiance all got COVID19

yyeppp

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/19/health/florida-man-inspires-covid-vaccinations/index.html
« Last Edit: September 20, 2021, 02:09:58 AM by kidcarter8 »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16579 on: September 20, 2021, 02:09:47 AM »

NOTE: Hamilton has expressed an ongoing lack of clarity on the cause of his most recent banning (and the one before it).

This does not forbid expressions of sincere condolences. (But does cover "I'm sorry your spouse died of stupidity" and other forms of fake comfort.)

He knows.

He just does not care

We get it - you don't appreciate Ham Sam.  Get over it and converse with him - or just let him converse with others.  The juvenile shit is maddening.

Your inspired defense of your fellow racist is moot, Kid.

The rule is just not that tough to manage. It wasn't invented for Ham. It's not original to this message board. And he is not the only one to have been given a time out for it, for all that he is by far the worst offender and the most in denial of it.

I don't appreciate Hamilton. I agree with some of his politics, I find many of his posting habits revolting, and I find when he bothers that he writes extremely well.

But there are posters I appreciate far less than him. I find them consistently disingenuous and tedious. They repeat lies without apology. They admit mistakes even less often than Ham does, while making them more often.

But they don't get temporary bans, let alone the quasi-permanent one that I could have reenacted when Ham came back in violation of the permanent ban, using a new IP address.

So, no, Kid, I am not going to undo that policy. It isn't new, just newly stated in so many words here.

No, Kid, I don't ban Ham because I don't like him. I ban him because he breaks the rules.

Your inability to process that is about as predictable as his refusal to admit when he has screwed up - or, when admitting it, then blaming others for his future transgression, as if he had no volition.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #16580 on: September 20, 2021, 02:12:10 AM »

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16581 on: September 20, 2021, 02:30:06 AM »

A parrot bit me.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16583 on: September 20, 2021, 03:34:22 AM »

How much are the pro-Trumpists unable to hear or see or acknowledge the truth?

https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2021/09/18/right-wing-rally-jan-6-insurrectionists-rallygoer-prokupecz-nr-vpx.cnn

"Oh, that's not really assault..."

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16584 on: September 20, 2021, 03:37:10 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/19/politics/immigration-senate-parliamentarian-budget-reconciliation/index.html

The Senate Parliamentarian makes a very logical and rational decision, when asked, that the immigration provisions that Biden and others might like to add to the infrastructure bill have no business there.

It shouldn't come as much of a shock, either.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #16585 on: September 20, 2021, 07:00:28 AM »

He knows.

He just does not care

Fuck him and fuck you.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #16586 on: September 20, 2021, 08:15:42 AM »

A horrible accident, surely

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/19/us/gabby-petito-missing-sunday/index.html

This was featured on my tv news several days ago.
The girl was shown crying and seemingly in a fragile mental state. "Domestic violence" was mentioned, with the guy "having scratches on his face"".
Van lifing is not all sunshine and roses.

"Max and Lee" and dog Occy,  van lifers...Lee very beautiful, absolutely lovely young woman, Canadian...Max Australian, his dog Occy.
They toured everywhere. Then to the shock of their very large number of Youtube followers, the split up.
Lee went home to Canada and Max to Australia. Occy stayed in Canada with Lee. She and her family helped Max get Occy back to Australia.
Lee then travelled around with some friends.
She was seen on a YouTube video saying she was 'struggling' (with her mental health).
Not long after that she was run over and killed by a train on the tracks in Canada.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2021, 08:19:04 AM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #16587 on: September 20, 2021, 09:37:27 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/19/politics/immigration-senate-parliamentarian-budget-reconciliation/index.html

The Senate Parliamentarian makes a very logical and rational decision, when asked, that the immigration provisions that Biden and others might like to add to the infrastructure bill have no business there.

It shouldn't come as much of a shock, either.
And it didn't,  though Red's right wing web sources try to spin it as a major defeat.
A parrot bit me.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #16588 on: September 20, 2021, 09:48:33 AM »

He knows.

He just does not care

I used to respond to Forrest's substantive posts and ignore his racist posts. But I got sick of his bullying racism, and now I pretty much ignore his substantive posts because eventually "Forrest" shows up, no matter how well Ham starts. That is on his behavior. But that is not why he gets booted. He gets booted for doxxing people and using personal information to bully people. He knows it. And you do too.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2021, 09:50:15 AM by Hairy Lime »
A parrot bit me.

Holly Martins

« Reply #16589 on: September 20, 2021, 10:10:24 AM »

A horrible accident, surely

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/19/us/gabby-petito-missing-sunday/index.html
Why do you think that?

Because he hasn't followed the story,  in which the BF never reports any accident or disappearance and just rolls back home minus his travel companion, a woman who police reported to be be quite distraught shortly before her vanishing and was ordered to separate herself from the BF for an overnight cooling-off period.   

The BF behavior since his return is akin to wearing a neon-lit sandwich board that says "I'm guilty as hell! " 
Pages: 1 ... 1104 1105 [1106] 1107 1108 ... 2924